One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-17 12:34:00

Anshin

A sit down meal.

Tables and chairs.
Sitting in a chair could save energy.
Food at a buffet table could automatically get a "yum!" bonus.

It would be so nice to see people eating together.

More recipes, like stew, to bring wonderful complexity to our lives.

Make that bowl of carnitas into pulled pork ... add baked beans ... and coleslaw ...
Also bacon. Sauerkraut and bacon.
Use those skewers for shish kabobs.
Tomatoes?
Salad?
Bread?

What recipes would you like to see?

#2 2018-07-17 12:41:01

TheRedBug

Re: A sit down meal.

Mushroom + stew = fun stew.

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-17 13:28:47

PunkyFickle

Anshin wrote:

What I like about your idea, besides food variety and bonuses, is the fact that it can imply a time of gathering for the members of the community, which not only can be fun in itself, but also permits to exchange about what is needed at that time and give directions in order to improve the settlement. That is something that really lacks in the game, I think.

TheRedBug wrote:

Mushroom + stew = fun stew.

Fun stew is a good idea (damn, a whole village tripping balls for having eaten in the same crock), even though stew itself is already pretty fun.

#4 2018-07-17 13:46:52

zennyrpg

PunkyFickle wrote:
Anshin wrote:

What I like about your idea, besides food variety and bonuses, is the fact that it can imply a time of gathering for the members of the community, which not only can be fun in itself, but also permits to exchange about what is needed at that time and give directions in order to improve the settlement. That is something that really lacks in the game, I think.

+1

#5 2018-07-17 14:01:47

Anshin

pork + flat rock = flat rock with pork + knife = raw burger + hot flat rock = burger
pork + salt = salted pork + flat rock = flat rock with salted pork + knife = raw bacon + hot flat rock = bacon
bowl of dough + SUGAR = sweet dough + time = rising dough + hot flat rock = bread
bread + burger = hamburger
hamburger + bacon = hamburger with bacon

We need sugar, which means we need sugar beets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZNSGdg2ms

#6 2018-07-17 14:11:19

sc0rp

PunkyFickle wrote:
Anshin wrote:

I'd like to see people eating together too, but this proposition doesn't do much to encourage it.  They must be at the SAME PLACE at the SAME TIME to exchange ideas.

Maybe yum bonus for each person also sitting at the table when you eat?  That, plus "sitting in a chair could save energy" could do the trick.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-17 15:30:26)

#7 2018-07-17 15:24:56

Neo

Would be interesting

#8 2018-07-17 16:29:38

Anshin

sc0rp wrote:

Maybe yum bonus for each person also sitting at the table when you eat?  That, plus "sitting in a chair could save energy" could do the trick.

Bonus for cooperation is a good idea.

The chair conserving energy could be extended to a Bed where you lose no energy, but still age at a normal rate. Then people could have a place to AFK without having to die/quit.

#9 2018-07-17 17:49:43

Turnipseed

Mushroom pie!

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#10 2018-07-17 18:58:51

golmock

I like the new recipes.
especially bacon! It doesn't make sense to have pork but no bacon.

and we will be able to seat the children.

!eve painter! You will have a color name.
I can teach you if i'm not busy. just talk to me.

#11 2018-07-17 23:15:52

MidgetMaker

eating only takes like one second.  would these food require multiple clicks with a cooldown or something?  i like the idea of a community gathering though.

#12 2018-07-26 19:29:10

Potjeh

New crop sugar cane.
Sugar cane in bowl + round rock = bowl of crushed sugar cane
Three bowls of crushed sugar cane in crock pot = pot of sugar cane
Bowl of water + pot of sugar cane = pot of soaked sugar cane
Pot of soaked sugar cane + hot coals = pot of sugar
Bowl + pot of sugar = bowl of sugar + empty pot
Bowl of dough + bowl of sugar = bowl of sweet dough
Bowl of sweet dough + egg = bowl of cake dough
Bowl of cake dough + plate = raw cake dough (four uses like pies)
Carrot + bowl of cake dough = raw carrot cake
Raw carrot cake + hot oven = carrot cake

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-07-26 19:29:31)

#13 2018-07-26 21:45:02

HumanMindFly

sc0rp wrote:
PunkyFickle wrote:
Anshin wrote:

I'd like to see people eating together too, but this proposition doesn't do much to encourage it.  They must be at the SAME PLACE at the SAME TIME to exchange ideas.

I also really like the idea of having everyone gather at same time to eat together and be able to make plans, just like a real family dinner.   

To get everyone together at same time, it would have to be only available for a short time--otherwise people would just come and eat whenever they happen to be nearby.

This means it would also have to be worth it for everyone to stop what they are doing and run over to the dinner table to eat, especially considering smart people have a backpack with food when they are out and about.  I don't really have a good idea about how to do that.  Maybe some kind of really good YUM bonus, or a "stuffed" buff where you don't lose hunger for like 3 minutes.  I'm sure there are better ideas.

You would also have to be able to let everyone know that "dinner is ready!".  For this I would love to see a dinner bell you ring to let everyone nearby know.  I am imagining one of those giant triangles that would be on some kinda "little house on the prairie"/farm type place.  It would be like a town bell tower, but only visible for people that are very close, and would only be visible for a very short time.  So when the dinner bell is rung, people nearby know they have only a minute to run over to the table and take advantage of the feast.

#14 2018-08-01 04:40:59

Anshin

Beyond a nice place to put your bed, table & chairs, I just had a really good idea for WHY to have shelter... Climate control... Which prevents things from decaying!

Leave your baskets of tools or laundry outside and they're going to fall apart, rust and rot! Not indoors!

Now making shelter needs tree farming for sustainable lumber, and a way to get more clay for adobe.
Really looking forward to some beautiful log cabins. smile

Board footer