One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-25 12:12:31

ChaosDawg

Ghosts

Forgive me, I was wondering where to put this and I don't do Reddit.

But what about having ghosts after a person dies, maybe set a time limit - of say 30 mins - so you can watch some of your kids grow old? Perhaps even have a minimal amount of communication:

"Don't eat all the berries," from a disembodied voice in the ether...

Also I was going to suggest disease, but its sort of being done in bites and swabs. As communities get bigger and tech better - we've got to have a little bit of disease to knock some people off...

#2 2018-07-25 12:23:18

Anshin

Re: Ghosts

Please no to the ghosts, this isn't the sims. No fantasy please.
Yes to disease though! And maybe some crippling injuries... cool

#3 2018-07-25 13:43:01

ChaosDawg

Ah I stopped playing The Sims decades ago, I didn't know it was a thing. Just thought it would be nice to get a little extra time on a civ you've developed. See if your dumb a$$ kids manage to make a living! wink

Perhaps it could be for Eves only. After all everyone knows the 'best' ghosts are from yonks ago, olden agey time, would make sense that it was the first original ancestor to come haunt the offspring of the offspring of the offspring.... etc!

#4 2018-07-25 16:45:55

Turnipseed

I would love to be able just to look at the civs i was eve of. Spawn as ghost. No interactions allowed look, but dont touch kinda thing.

I wanna see more content, and server optimization first though

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-07-25 20:50:41

The_Llamacorn

Maybe a kinda spectate thing? You spawn in as a ghost (by choice) and you can teleport to anyone you want but no communication. Would be cool.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#6 2018-07-25 21:11:31

AmyJ

I've thought for a while that it might be fun to watch for 30 seconds or a minute or so after your death to see how everyone reacted around you, if at all.

#7 2018-07-25 21:29:39

Dacen

I would love to be able to witness what follow my death too, but the servers have troubles just with the amount of alive players, i think it would be a better suggestion when the lags and server capacity will not anymore be a deal. Actually it could just extend the pb.

#8 2018-07-26 08:28:27

WalrusesConquer

I kinda like how what happens after our deaths is a mystery, it would take away the whole joyous surprise of: OMG THEY'RE ALIVE!!!! But that being said I imagine it does get irritating never knowing...
I personly would prefer (when dying of old age) your screen fading quickly into whitness  (like the Apocalypse) I just think it would be nice to give frantic messages of goodbye instead of awkwardly trying to commit suicide

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#9 2018-07-26 09:35:49

gabal

WalrusesConquer wrote:

I kinda like how what happens after our deaths is a mystery, it would take away the whole joyous surprise of: OMG THEY'RE ALIVE!!!! But that being said I imagine it does get irritating never knowing...
I personly would prefer (when dying of old age) your screen fading quickly into whitness  (like the Apocalypse) I just think it would be nice to give frantic messages of goodbye instead of awkwardly trying to commit suicide

Well, you can see what happened in the family tree - at least in what way did your offspring die and if there are still any members of your family left.

Once I was an Eve and my 5-year old got lost while we were looking for good location. I couldn't find her, had more babies, settled down but ultimately failed. My lost daughter survived and founded a village which lived to see 5 generations...

Also, it isn't that uncommon to get reborn in the same village multiple times.

Board footer