One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-20 13:59:14

Feral Crafter
New User

Water Glitch/Bug

I was watering plants and getting the water from a snowy pond.
objects started to appear on top of people, or their gear would all be centered on them. Another time, their words will be half hidden by one tile north. then the full water bowls would not water plants.

Reproduction:
Water crops with water bowl until system doesn't let you water from full water bowl

I've heard others complain. The water glitch is not reset when starting a new life, nor quitting the game.  I have to power down the system and then back, to get the ability to water plants working again only for a few time before it's blocked again.  One time a water bowl I dropped and came back said "Salt Water" .... but it was crop water before. Then I can't dump it out since where i got it was water, not salt water.

Last edited by Feral Crafter (2018-07-20 14:01:12)

#2 2018-07-20 14:40:18

sc0rp

Re: Water Glitch/Bug

Please send replay to Jason.

If you don't know how:
In game directory there is "recordedGames" folder with all games played.  Try to locate the correct one by date/time.  Copy it to "playbackGame" folder and start the game - you will see replay of everything that happend.  If you found correct replay, note down % of time in top left corner, when bug happens.  Mail it to Jason.  Should be fixed soon.  Move the file away or delete it from "playbackGame" folder to play normally.

#3 2018-07-21 00:37:34

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Water Glitch/Bug

If you have to power down your system, it sounds like your graphics card is going haywire.  I'm using very simple OpenGL operations to power the sprite engine in this game, so I don't think I have any control over this.

Also, I'm pretty sure it won't show up in a replay...

I've seen graphics card glitches on my end sometimes too.  Often after running a bunch of graphic-intensive stuff all day, or when the card gets too hot.

Board footer