One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-12 01:04:02

DJDisorder

Murdered but no name of the killer until after the murderer died?

So set up a nice little civ a few hours back

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=523830

Just got reborn into lineage

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=526089

Murdered by a griefer sitting in the berry fields with a bow eating and calling himself a moocher.

So..
Spawn in realise its my family line so bit excited, farms looking a lil rough however so I make a new well, rebuild the farm, get soil and refresh the berry fields.
No sheep yet, so I get carrots and milkweed on the go.Kids been there with a bow for a while, not said anything bad to me so I give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just is not sure what he's doing yet. Ask him to help me get sheep, I'll get the rope, he kills the mouflon? Nah the asshole just shoots me with the bow instead..
Looks like he died 8 mins after me, so much for trying to help people not be morons, next time I'll take the bow and take no risks..

Spencer Composto is the name of the murderer
I had come on to ask for him to be cursed if your about to join a life, but only now got the name.

Edit: Just checked he family line, another murder, no name yet.
I thought the forums could be a way of calling out griefers so people could curse, could we get faster info up on the tree before the killer dies?

Last edited by DJDisorder (2018-07-12 01:18:44)

#2 2018-07-12 01:12:38

beccalouisee

Re: Murdered but no name of the killer until after the murderer died?

Hi! I was in that village as well. It was a lot of fun until we ran out of food lol

#3 2018-07-12 01:14:40

DJDisorder

Yeah, there was stuff to make deep wells and even shallow ones but nobody doing it? I was trying to turn it around then was cut short... Grr
That's the second time I've been murdered in a town I've founded big_smile

Last edited by DJDisorder (2018-07-12 01:16:48)

#4 2018-07-12 01:37:32

YAHG

The lineage server doesn't give out the name of the killer because people were using it as an automated detective..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-07-12 01:39:09

YAHG

At least not for a while.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#6 2018-07-12 07:04:23

Lum

Can we report curse begging?

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#7 2018-07-12 08:48:47

sc0rp

Lum wrote:

Can we report curse begging?

You can curse him instead if you want - it's a double edged sword wink

#8 2018-07-12 08:54:39

sc0rp

DJDisorder wrote:

Kids been there with a bow for a while, not said anything bad to me so I give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just is not sure what he's doing yet. Ask him to help me get sheep, I'll get the rope, he kills the mouflon? Nah the asshole just shoots me with the bow instead.

Some dude running aimlessly with a bow => just already start making your own one.  You'll need it.  It's noob griefer in 90% of cases I've seen.  By leaving armed bow laying in the middle of village you basically are asking for it.  Would you leave an armed gun in your kid's room?

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-12 08:57:56)

#9 2018-07-12 10:24:58

JonySky
Website

I think the same as sc0rp, if you see someone with a loaded bow wandering around the town ... think someone is going to die ...
If you want to try to save the people of your town ...
Watch the creators of arrows or knives ...
usually these creators of arrows or knives are unintelligent and perform their tasks in the middle of town, I recommend that during the creation ask what you want to achieve ... if you do not like your answer, steal the material and hide it, kill him more difficult
Tell all your people that you have a murderer living in the village
begins to create countermeasures, bandages, tools to sew wounds, knives ...
enable an area for the hospital or hide the bandages, etc ...
Deny the food, everything you can ... steal the food in front of their faces ...
There are many ways to be a Griefer of griefers!

#10 2018-07-12 11:05:42

DJDisorder

Well, like I said, I was in the process of sorting other priorities. The farms were running dry and no-one seemed to be addressing that, unmade wells despite low water supplies, no sheep at gen 14 despite pen being ready etc. Famine kills more that a lone moron with a bow...
He was on my list of things to rectify, just not at the top.

Griefers claim they do it because they're bored, there was tons to be done.
I was trying to actively encourage another to help create (thought maybe he was a new player) rather than assume anyone holding a weapon is an asshole out for destruction.

As for curse 'begging' nah, not begging, just trying to work out how the cursing mechanics can be best used, same as any other game system.
Same names leaping to defend the griefers side, but yeah guess you can't argue with stupid can you, or defend the un defendable...

Last edited by DJDisorder (2018-07-12 11:07:29)

#11 2018-07-12 14:26:18

sc0rp

DJDisorder wrote:

Well, like I said, I was in the process of sorting other priorities. The farms were running dry and no-one seemed to be addressing that, unmade wells despite low water supplies, no sheep at gen 14 despite pen being ready etc. Famine kills more that a lone moron with a bow...

Numbers doesn't matter much.  If he kills 2-3 most hardworking players, others are doomed anyway.  If there are 10 people and nobody can figure out how to bring soil or water, you WANT famine.  It has nice property, that only people that know how to forage survive, which correlates with experience.  Natural selection and all.  You get almost fresh start with best players that've been there and none of the dead weight.

DJDisorder wrote:

He was on my list of things to rectify, just not at the top.

But you was on his list as highest priority, that's the problem.

DJDisorder wrote:

Griefers claim they do it because they're bored, there was tons to be done.

In this case, their excuse is "population control" - by killing most hardworking people, that is.  Other excuse is "this place was a mess anyway".

DJDisorder wrote:

I was trying to actively encourage another to help create (thought maybe he was a new player) rather than assume anyone holding a weapon is an asshole out for destruction.

If I meet someone holding weapon ready to use, I never assume best intentions.  Guilty until proven innocent.  There is no sane reason to run with loaded bow through middle of the village.  If one is too dumb to make a backpack, he should not be allowed to touch a bow.  They suffer from naked kid with a bow syndrome.

DJDisorder wrote:

As for curse 'begging' nah, not begging, just trying to work out how the cursing mechanics can be best used, same as any other game system.

In middle of village tell people who is the griefer.  Tell them what he does.  Curse.  4-5 curses will follow.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-12 14:32:28)

#12 2018-07-12 14:57:54

JonySky
Website

the curse does not solve your problem, it is intended for future respawns of the griefer but you will suffer the consequences anyway ... that's why you have to react and not trust the system of editions ...

Anyway, if you explain what the griefer is doing to all his people, I'm sure he'll get the expected curses from the group ...
Although that is going to put a target on his back and the griefer will look for you until you're done ... that's why it's so important to react in time ...

For quite a few games now, I try to create bandages, knives, and everything necessary to combat the griefers even before they appear on the scene

the other day in a game my grandmother gave me her knife, I created a hospital with bandages and always carried in my backpack needle and thread

Out of nowhere appeared a murderer (very novice) and stabbed my sister ... in a matter of 30 seconds my sister was healed and the killer with a knife on her back, the town fed me until my slowness disappeared .. The people started to say he was the hero! hahaha I loved the truth, but what I like most is that the murderer did not affect anything at all to civilization

I got blood on my hands ... but it was necessary and I'll do it again

Board footer