One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-06 06:38:32

WomanWizard

The Adam Start

Tonight I was born to Eve Luna, who named me Adam. She'd found a nice spot to settle down and I guess I was the first kid she chose to keep. I had a few siblings, but before we could really establish anything, mom came running back into camp with bleeding wounds. She died before I could even cry out to her.

I had one sibling alive at this point, Anna, and she confessed she was new. I told her not to worry. I'd show her what to do, and she just needed to keep safe and fed.

After mom died I made the basic tools, set up the camp, and helped my sister figure out life. She was nice, and when she was old enough she started having kids. I let all the kids know that they were a part of an "Adam Start" because Eve had died. I continued to try and teach her while setting up the berry farm and cooking omelettes, but it was tough for her to try out new things and keep the babies alive.

One of her sons, Bob, was very smart. I knew I didn't have to worry about him. He went out and found iron while we tended the farm and kept the girls alive.

I continued to tell the children that we had an "Adam Start." By this point I just really liked the idea. It wasn't the first time I'd kept an inexperienced sister alive as the child of an Eve, but it was certainly the first time I did it while named Adam.

By the time I was old and withered, I had a niece who was popping out her own kids. Her name was Stacey, and she took very good care of the berries, which were flourishing at this point. I told her to start on stew crops when she got the chance. I hope they did.

I died looking out over the berry fields, with great nieces and nephews around me. It was a good life. A shame Eve couldn't be around to see it.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=470754

#2 2018-07-06 07:19:40

JonySky
Website

Re: The Adam Start

Good story !, new players can have an equally important role as a veteran of the game, that's what I like most about this game, it's totally unpredictable ... Anna has saved her people, but without you she would not have gotten it ! Good job!

Last edited by JonySky (2018-07-06 07:20:00)

#3 2018-07-06 18:36:05

Gederian

Thought this was going to be a suggestion to allow or to just always spawn an Adam with an Eve. Friends could play together this way and there is a good chance one player is better and can teach the other. Plus, super charge starting from scratch.

#4 2018-07-06 19:34:05

JonySky
Website

I see more need to appear eves when there are only men in the camp, and I still think there should be some kind of ritual for when there are only men in the camp follow hope ... right now this problem translates into: there is no women = collective suicide, if we could have a chance to create some ritual or structure to summon the hope of an eve, it would not be all lost ...

#5 2018-07-06 19:50:04

WomanWizard

I quite liked the idea of a cabbage patch ritual to summon an Eve baby. Maybe plant a nine by nine square of cabbages and water the middle one with rose water or something.

Like, having an Adam with you when you start could be helpful, but keep in mind that my sister and I had the benefit of our Eve mother doing all the leg work to find a suitable location. Trying to travel with other people takes extra time because you have to make sure you don't get lost, so finding a home as an Eve would take longer if you don't want to leave your Adam behind.

#6 2018-07-06 20:29:09

MidgetMaker

JonySky wrote:

I see more need to appear eves when there are only men in the camp, and I still think there should be some kind of ritual for when there are only men in the camp follow hope ... right now this problem translates into: there is no women = collective suicide, if we could have a chance to create some ritual or structure to summon the hope of an eve, it would not be all lost ...

i really like this idea

#7 2018-07-07 02:45:14

YAHG

Having a delay before the 3rd gen starts exploding all over your camp is nice.
Just a lil time to get the house in order.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#8 2018-07-07 22:17:49

Ti

Having a competent male player born early as an Eve is a huge boon, honestly. And if that guy ends up running the camp, well, he's not spawning in tons of new players so he can actually take time to mentor. There's a place for guys in game, so I don't hold with the 'kill all boys' strategy.

Board footer