One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-07-05 16:50:07

forestglade

Re: Implementation plan for curse system

i watch a bunch of family members suicide because some player was being toxic. And it was a tiny family too, I doubt that line lasted much longer.

#52 2018-07-05 21:08:37

grhmhome

TheRedBug wrote:

Kubassa. Killing is needed. Killing isnt wrong in this game.
Do not penalise murders.

I have no problem with murders especially if you are a village full of barbarians conquering other villages, or if you have to use capital punishment against a criminal, but there are people who randomly kill the entire village they were born in. If a child is picking up a knife and killing everyone, then the village should be storing knives in places where griefers aren't going to obtain them. Guards should have weapons to defend the town and you should have doctors that heal wounded people. A successful village should have structure where villagers have professions. Farmers to grow food, hunters to get meat and fur, forgers to forge metals, doctors to heal, and people who protect the village/town/city. Weapons should only be used by productive members of the village that are trusted to keep the village growing. All can be done with the player-base self policing.

Last edited by grhmhome (2018-07-05 21:10:45)

#53 2018-07-05 21:11:30

Acozi

I'm curious, can you kill someone when they're doing the murder walk? One time a lady was murdering everyone but I couldn't kill her after I caught her in the act.

#54 2018-07-05 21:14:27

TrustyWay

Acozi wrote:

I'm curious, can you kill someone when they're doing the murder walk? One time a lady was murdering everyone but I couldn't kill her after I caught her in the act.

You need practice, people subbishing the killing cool down are easily to kill, you need to aim closely.

#55 2018-07-06 16:36:46

Zihil

additional ideas:

item based curses / blessings
-summonable items that give curses / blessings (type /bless /curse for item that shoots curse/blessing), or same "magic wand", left-click bless, right-click curse
-doesnt require naming system.

curses only work on corpses.

Last edited by Zihil (2018-07-06 16:42:17)

Board footer