One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 19:46:36

DJDisorder

One on ones with newer players

Just had my last born as I turned grey, nursed him to infancy with berries. I explained the town I was born into had hit a famine do I had taken to the wilderness to forage to survive, but had lost the town in the process and had restarted. My daughter got bit by a snake so he was the end of the lineage for me at least.

Asked if he was experienced, no, what could I help teach? Fire - ok so he's either trolling or fresh as a daisy.

We made fire, got soil, planted crops, each step he was attentive and gave me some happy responses. The farm was established and growing so he should be self sustainable. It's 20 or so mins ago since I died and he's still alive, so I was feel safe to say I wasn't getting trolled.

Just made me think something around this playstyle could be a nice potential, optional sort of tutorial? Have an option as an established player to set up as an eve and have another option as u load in to be a male apprentice. So they have a small crossover period where the mom is getting established, but not overrun by constant babies before they're able to support them. Can rear an inexperienced player and teach them basics or whatever then as the mom dies they are left to stay alive and experiment in the environment around them with out the constant birth, starve, die, repeat.

Don't know how of if that's even possible with the current player base and game design, just throwing out an idea bouncing round in me noggin.

#2 2018-07-03 20:10:58

DJDisorder

Re: One on ones with newer players

#3 2018-07-03 20:29:42

ryanb
Website

That's awesome, these kind of experiences are what makes this game unique.

I don't know if there needs to be a separate game mode for this though. It sounds like it comes up naturally within a normal game. If you are focusing on teaching one person, I think it is acceptable to say sorry to future babies.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#4 2018-07-03 23:54:14

TheRedBug

In past 2 lives in which i was a male, i took the time to tell how to play to a noob.
I like to be a teacher in game.

And as a male, i know i won't have the burden to pop out a baby in any second, so i take the time to teach for the sake of the birthing machines we have sometimes XD

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#5 2018-07-04 09:08:15

DrButtCheeks

That would be great, like an option to be an Eve with all noob boys.

#6 2018-07-04 09:46:50

Aurora Aurora

It bugs me how you only named one of your children. NAME YOUR CHILDREN!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

Board footer