One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-27 07:25:42

Jk Howling

A New Stormfront

I was born to an eve who dubbed herself Storm. She named me Winter, and instead of most early eves, instead of abandoning me on the hunt for a new home, she kept me.

Our area was rich with food, but not a whole lot else. A place between swamp and greenery was considered, but when I was old enough to grasp items, I made a basket and looked for something better. Something that would last.

Eventually I stumbled across a decent little place. A few perfect temp spots at the corner of a desert and grassland, with plenty of food to the north/east, and a swamp with 4-5 water ponds only a screen or two west. There was also a plethora of cacti, excellent food sources when times are rough. It seemed as good a place as any to call home.

My brothers eventually stumbled across the beginnings of my camp, happy to see me alive as I was the only female of the group. They instantly went to work, gathering milkweed and beginning our farms. Our mother soon arrived, and joined the build.

I assumed she was from the forums, as she took over the farm and seemed to be following Morti's guide. I haven't looked at it myself yet, but really should.

Things went well from there. A sister joined us, bearing children of the next generation.

I started bearing children myself just as I had started on a journey west in search of iron. My daughter took one look at me, with only a basket in the middle of nowhere, and suicided before I could tell her about our settlement.

I sighed, and went on to bring back a basket full of iron, dodging wild pigs and rattlesnakes along the way.

I quickly got to work on our first tools, while the rest of the family worked hard on building our farm. A few kids helped me out, and I bore a son- Thunder Storm. I got too old to feed him, and I think my sister took over? He starved at 7.

With a hammer made, I quickly whipped up an axe, and later, a shovel. The first iron tools we needed. A younger kid went hunting for more iron, I cut down some useless desert and swamp trees, and our farms were doing well.

It was the first time I'd seen an Eve camp prosper.

Everyone seemed to be experienced players, jumping right into things without hesitation. Hunting rabbits, forging tools, expanding our 3x3 farm plots. An oven was built, and rabbit+carrot pies were quickly made.

I got old and wrinkly. I wish I had longer to say my goodbyes, but I'd just been south in the desert, trying to find some stones to start our first well, when a rattlesnake bit me out of nowhere. I managed to hobble back and say some last words.

When I left off, there were promises of a knife to be made to kill the pesky snakes that kept lurking around camp, of wells to be built, of a town to burst out of the ground from under us.

I hope you do well, Storms. Was easily a beginning with potential, the best I've had in my 60 hours of life thus far.

-Has ascended to better games-

#2 2018-06-27 11:51:05

Morti

Re: A New Stormfront

To whoever played as Jane Storm,
If you don't like a town, either pick a little corner of it and fix it, run off and start your own, or just don't live there.
Don't kill people because you're not happy with the place.

Caring words go far. Next time you want a place to look nicer, just ask me. Come up with a way you think the town might look, or function, nicer or better, and just ask any one of the members of your family to help you make it a reality.
Odds are, if anyone is that person, it's me, and I will help you. To make any place greater.

Last edited by Morti (2018-06-27 11:52:57)

#3 2018-06-27 14:16:06

forestglade

It was probably just a griefer. They make up reasons to kill but they really just want to kill.

#4 2018-06-27 21:30:11

Tarr
Banned

Jane was 100% a griefer. When famine hit the town in my childhood she was stuffing babies faces with all the berries she could manage. Thanks to whoever planted those extra berries/milkweed/skewers. Me and a few others ended up moving there when things got bad. Sadly my little sister ended up heading back to town where Jane killed her. I ended up expanding the eastern farms and returned to the village to just find the bones of everyone else who lived there. I picked my last few carrots before passing next to all the food/milkweed/compost I made for a nonexistent village.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=406141

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-06-27 21:56:26

Potjeh

Stormfront? Srs?
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/index.php

We are a community of racial realists and idealists. We are White Nationalists who support true diversity and a homeland for all peoples. Thousands of organizations promote the interests, values and heritage of non-White minorities. We promote ours.
We are the voice of the new, embattled White minority!

#6 2018-06-27 22:03:27

Jk Howling

Potjeh wrote:

Stormfront? Srs?
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/index.php

We are a community of racial realists and idealists. We are White Nationalists who support true diversity and a homeland for all peoples. Thousands of organizations promote the interests, values and heritage of non-White minorities. We promote ours.
We are the voice of the new, embattled White minority!

Yes, that seems accurate. Perfectly encompasses what I meant by this. Perfectly.

Sad to hear the town got crushed by griefers, it had such a nice start too.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-06-27 22:04:10)

-Has ascended to better games-

#7 2018-06-27 22:09:55

Realcooldude

Well if i had know that as an eve i would never had started to use the name storm. Sorry to see the town die as we worked hard to find that spot. I started with a really bad spawn.

Im still going to use the name storm feom now on so you all know it is me. I think storm lends to a lot of fun names. Winter summer fall fire sun river ect. I had a great bunch of kids and we had a great farm. Love being an eve with good kids makes all the world when following mortis plan. It really is a good one for growing towns.

I hope to start the Storm family beck up soon. Maybe one day we will break 70 gen. Thats the goal now. Thanks for a great run kids. Love you all!

#8 2018-06-27 22:10:59

Realcooldude

Ps if i can help it i naver abandon kids.

#9 2018-06-27 23:50:53

Morti

Realcooldude wrote:

As someone who has been your child more than once, thank you. The benefit of keeping all kids is clear when you consider the benefit that experienced players bring to the growth of the settlement, and the chance to learn you are offering new players and the benefit that brings to the entire game's community, as they learn more and more with each life they get to live.

#10 2018-06-29 21:41:27

Realcooldude

Morti wrote:
Realcooldude wrote:

As someone who has been your child more than once, thank you. The benefit of keeping all kids is clear when you consider the benefit that experienced players bring to the growth of the settlement, and the chance to learn you are offering new players and the benefit that brings to the entire game's community, as they learn more and more with each life they get to live.

I figure with the mortality rate i almost have to keep all my kids. But if i could increase my Morti rate, What a world we would have!

Board footer