One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-28 18:34:18

Trick

The Woodstock Family

My name was Stacy Woodstock.  My mother actually named me StackOfWoodPile, but Stacy stuck.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=411577

In my infancy, my mother Melodie was fighting with the Queen.  I don't know what it was about, but they bickered for my whole toddlerhood.  Insults were passed back and forth, and I quickly realized that I was on the wrong side of the royal family (and I worried that it would one day get me killed).  But, the Queen had a baby boy named Reven, and I relished the idea of he and I bridging the gap by falling in love and marrying - Romeo and Juliet style.  Sadly, he declined my proposal.  I don't know what happened to Reven.

His mother, the Queen, died not long after I was of age to fend for myself.  By pure happenstance, I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and was thusly crowned.  I vowed to be a good Queen.

Immediately after I took the throne, someone had locked the door to the clinic, and all of our emergency supplies were trapped inside.  As if by fate, I found the key shortly after, so my first orders as Queen was to move the clinic to the unlocked room next door.

One of my subjects, and I believe one of the town doctors, Gary, was not so cooperative.  He hated that I had the key, and wanted the clinic to be in the locked room.  In the brief moments that the clinic had been locked, however, we had already lost a few members of our society.  So, I was unwilling to acquiesce to his demands, and I ordered once again that the clinic be moved to the non-locked room next door.  Gary protested, and moved the supplies to the middle of the desert.

My loyal subject, Wayne, was much more reasonable.  He saw my logic and agreed that the clinic should be kept in the clean, more organized room beside the locked one, rather than in the desert as Gary demanded.  So, with his help, Wayne and I began moving everything to the unlocked room.  Gary protested, and unfortunately for him, we believe his outrage caused a heart attack and he dropped dead.  Although we were not happy to see the doctor go, we were glad we no longer had to fight with him.  The clinic was set up and was looking wonderful.

My first duty as Queen was a success.  And I had found my first and only love - Wayne.  I had many, many children with him.  Sadly, shortly after he had named our daughter Rebecca, he was found dead.  I don't know what happened, but I was crushed.  To honour him, I named my next child Waynely (which was shortened to Wayne).

I wasn't able to grieve for long.  As the Queen, my people needed me, and I needed to give them direction.  For the newer members of our society, I gave them jobs.  I taught Waynely how to care for the berry bushes, and she became an apprentice of the berry farmer, Woodrow.  He was a hard-working man, and I was very grateful to him for his loyal service to the village.  Waynely diligently worked in the fields for many years under his tutelage.

With a locked room, and key in hand, I decided that the room would become the armory.  I began collecting the bows and knives, and safely tucked them away over my years.  Our town was almost eerily peaceful, and to be honest, it kept me on edge - I was always suspecting that the murdering and griefing would start at any moment.  But it didn't.  My reign as Queen remained peaceful, and we saw the town flourish as everyone worked hard.  We got our first fencepost and horse.  We expanded the farms.  We fixed the sheep pen.  Life was good.

I had wonderful children, and most of them lived well into their old age.  I was so enormously proud of them, and it gave me such delight to see my grandchildren (and even some great grandchildren!) running around playing in the fields.  I felt like I had done good.

I knew that one day I would need to crown the next Queen to take over my throne.  It had been so important to me that my reign was peaceful and productive, and I had achieved that.  So, it was my goal to find an honourable heir who would be a benevolent ruler, and would continue the legacy I had created.

I was very aware that power could corrupt, and I knew that people would begin vying for my throne as I aged.  I carefully watched over my children to see who of them were hard-working, and who I believed had earned the right to become the heir to the throne.

My daughter, Priestess (shortened to Priest), was a dutiful daughter.  She reported to me what was happening around the village.  She would offer to help me.  She brought me her babies to celebrate that I was a grandmother. 

Now, I am sure she was aware that being on my good side would eventually favour her, but she was also a hard-worker.  She didn't follow me around waiting for me to die.  She contributed to the society, and took care of her children.  When I neared my end, I was confident that I could trust her. 

With words of encouragement, pride, and trust, I handed off the key and crown to Priestess.  I reminded her of how peaceful our village had been, and that I hoped she would keep it that way.  She promised me she would work hard to serve our village and the throne.

With great regret, I died shortly after.  I had hoped I would get one last chance to address my village, and especially my dear children, and tell them how proud I was and how much I loved them.  I also wanted to officially announce the new Queen.  But, my death came swiftly.  Hopefully I was honoured and given a proper burial.

#2 2018-06-28 18:39:18

Trick

Re: The Woodstock Family

Apparently Reven starved to death as he grieved the loss of his mother.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=411400

#3 2018-06-28 19:20:07

Jk Howling

Re: The Woodstock Family

I just died of old age in the Woodstock family, and your lineage lived on! The queen during my lifetime was named Gorgeous, and she seems to be your great grand-daughter.

She was a pretty fair ruler, from what I'd seen. We had some idle chat, she asked how I was doing, and eventually gave a knife to my mother for me to use during my life as a doctor [I was even named Dock!]

Her last daughter- the intended queen- had been accidentally stabbed during a sheep slaughtering. I arrived too late, hearing the death scream only moments before she passed away.

She died during my 40's I think, passing the crown onto a little girl of our family but not of her own lineage. I don't remember her name unfortunately.

The new queen seemed to be ruling alright when I finally passed from age. I returned the knife I'd been given to her, requesting she pass it and my medic apron onto the next doctor. Said my goodbyes, and headed towards the graveyard to die near to where I'd buried Queen Gorgeous.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-06-28 19:21:55)

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer