One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-26 03:15:13

ishkibable

Fountain of Youth

I feel like the age limit can feel quite limiting for some games, sometimes 1 hour is enough, but many times its not. Yes, I know there is a two hour one life mod, but I feel like the core game should have some feature that allows you the ability for extended play. While I'd love to have different servers with different base settings to choose from, I don't think that's currently feasible with the current average players online count.

What if there was some kind of drink that you could make from extremely rare and/or extremely hard to find/retrieve items from each of the 5 biomes, which when drinken would act as a youth or age extending serum. It could either pause your age for 20-60 years, simply reduce your age by 20-45 year or 50-75%, or it could just extend your life and respectively each stage of life by a certain amount of years. There could be minimum and/or maximum ages to drink it, and if it reduces your age, there could be a minimum cap at 15.

I realize Jason has refrained from putting any "magic"/fantasy into the game so far, except maybe the Apocalypse, although maybe this could be thought of as a medicine instead! And I know even the YUM bonus is currently the only boost/buff that I'm aware of. But if the game ever gets to the point where there are futuristic cities and items like the laser shooting robot from the trailer, I imagine it'd be necessary for life extending medicines/technologies (and maybe even cryogenic chambers so you can go offline and come back later!), in order to organize such complex futuristic cities.

Questions:

Should the player only be able to drink it once a life?
Can the player drink it multiple times in a life, and if so, should they the drink have diminishing effects each successive time?
Should the drinks be usable by anyone once made, or only by the person who made it?
Should this be ritualistic in someway where it requires multiple people to perform The Youthening™? (ie you need to be stabbed with a knife containing the solution).
Should any of the items be bodily fluids/parts for the sacrifice? (Human or Animal blood or bones, venom, cow milk, etc)?

Ideas for new potential items for recipe:

Golden Bowl - For scooping from fountain water (fountain water on its own destroys clay bowl) and maybe drinking final elixir
Steel Cauldron - cooking other parts of the elixir
Gemstone/Lifestone (Find gemstone in gold or iron mine. You must cook the cleaned gemstone into a food for someone to eat, and when they die, you collect the Lifestone.)
Fountain/Spring Water - Fountains are extremely rare and in maybe only the snow biome, with 1-5 initial uses, which replenish once per hour or more. Fountains might be hidden in rocks and only be found by taking a mining pick to new types or already existing larger rocks, with a chance of a fountain being uncovered.

Other potential items for recipe:

Egg
Bowl of Blood
Bowl of Anti-Venom
Meat
Fur/Skin
Bowl of Milk
Ground Bone
Rose Petals
Special fruit or other food

#2 2018-06-26 03:47:51

Neo

Re: Fountain of Youth

Well  it kind of defeats the whole perpose of the game.

#3 2018-06-26 04:10:47

YAHG

Neo wrote:

Unless you could only gain more life by killing others to steal what they have left.

After all, there can only be one.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#4 2018-06-26 07:45:12

ishkibable

Neo wrote:

If it was easy to get, you could take it as many times as you wanted and there were no consequences, than I'd agree, but it only really conflicts with the title, not the purpose/core of the game. Personally I think having "One Hour" in the title really is a hinderance to the evolution of development because it sets in an ethos about a perfect length the game should/has to be, when that may not be the best possible version the game can become.

#5 2018-06-27 00:11:50

Realcooldude

I think 2 hours should be a max. If it even ever gets considered.

#6 2018-06-27 03:11:39

Lotus

It would be a good idea for a mod. As time and tech progress, maybe the life expectancy could top of such a mod would be made.

I like this and I agree. But I have doubts about Jason incorporating this into the base game.

Board footer