One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-23 00:45:01

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Emergency Medicine

ptILRXv.gif

This week's update ushers in a major change to the core of the game:  wounds are no longer guaranteed to be fatal.

But hold on a second, don't equip that health pack just yet.  Performing emergency surgery on yourself is harder than it sounds.  Better done with the help of a friend.

And this is why wound recovery does not immediately aid a lone griefer.  There is safety in numbers.

If you're dreaming of armor and a backpack full of medical syringes as a means of solo self defense, you might want to consider what happens when a griefer gets their hands on the same load-out.

On a completely unrelated note:  there are now pigs.

Next week, I'll be working on a much-needed tutorial to explain some of the more subtle features to new players.

And before I hear any grumbling about war crimes and my use of a red cross, this is an artistic work of fiction.  The Geneva Conventions were never intended to apply.

#2 2018-06-23 07:02:54

Lum

Re: Update: Emergency Medicine

Thank you!! Looking forward to see how teamwork is gonna evolve both for families and griefers with these great implementations

(Also you announced you would work on a tutorial, which is super neat as well)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#3 2018-06-23 11:30:18

InSpace

220px-Dromaius_novaehollandiae_%28head%29_Battersea_Park_Children%27s_Zoo.jpg
E mergency
M edical
U pdate

#4 2018-06-23 21:03:40

Kami_The_Man

I think I just found my new main occupation!

The tutorial you mentioned will be so useful. I got two friends to buy the game but, their completely helpless and I can't really get in game to help them! So a tutorial to at least teach them the basics will be awesome.

#5 2018-06-24 07:53:57

Styok

InSpace wrote:

As an Australian, this triggers my ancestral PTSD.

Also, if the tutorial doesn't include repeated deaths by starvation in the middle of a barren wasteland, what is really the point?

#6 2018-06-25 12:41:03

immas123

EMU, lol!
This update looks great! I can’t wait to jump in and learn to heal people! I wonder if we will stop having to have a elder to use, protect, and pass on the knife to a trustworthy child now? Will injuries and “accidents” become more common? Will I stop having my family kill me as a merderer when some idiot ran Into me when I was trying to put a knife or arrow down... this will be existing!

Board footer