One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-20 11:50:30

breezeknight

same murder shit as always

why do we need new players in the game ?
to have more easy kills lol

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-06-20 11:51:00)

#2 2018-06-20 13:57:24

YAHG

Re: same murder shit as always

Maybe you just don't like this game.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-06-20 13:58:29

TheRedBug

We need new players in the game to teach them about stew

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#4 2018-06-20 14:03:54

Anshin

Huge thriving town, go off and get a cartload of seal skins.... get back and the whole town is murdered. Great.

#5 2018-06-20 14:18:15

sc0rp

Anshin wrote:

Huge thriving town, go off and get a cartload of seal skins.... get back and the whole town is murdered. Great.

How one guy killed everybody else?

#6 2018-06-20 14:46:31

Anshin

sc0rp wrote:
Anshin wrote:

I don't know, I was out clubbing seals.

#7 2018-06-20 15:43:58

sc0rp

Anshin wrote:
sc0rp wrote:

I don't know, I was out clubbing seals.

I'm just curious.  Can you post lineage link?  Maybe somebody else will write what happend.

#8 2018-06-21 07:15:01

breezeknight

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:

please enlighten me how murder on helpless victims with one click is an essential part of this game

#9 2018-06-21 07:30:27

YAHG

breezeknight wrote:

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:

please enlighten me how murder on helpless victims with one click is an essential part of this game

You and I both know I didn't say that.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#10 2018-06-21 07:42:40

Acozi

breezeknight wrote:

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:

Otherwise we're playing Stardew Valley with a foodbar.

Humans are dangerous. Can you trust your neighbor? Your mother? Yes we are pretty helpless, but we were in ancient times as well. Eventually we'll have more options for saftey. For now it's being vulnerable.

Jason says he wants realplay, not roleplay.

So if you see a murder alert the town, run, hide. Have a weapon hidden to kill the greifer. Do what you must to survive.

This is a game about survival. We are working to build societies best we can. If being killed makes you that mad perhaps you dont understand what this game is. It's not farmville, it's not dont starve, it's not the sims, and it's not stardew valley.

It's One Hour One Life. A multiplayer game full of good people, and bad people. Build up society or help destroy it. You can't control everything and everyone. You can do everything right, give your child the clothes off your back, teach them the rules of society, and they grow up and murder someone. You tried, that's life.

#11 2018-06-21 09:18:33

SpreadDaWord

This is realplay, deal with it

#12 2018-06-21 09:47:25

DrButtCheeks

Just be creative with grief I guess, I don't mind getting stabbed if they give me a good reason, a few hours ago I was born and crowned queen. My sister was the heir or something and she plotted to kill me and succeeded. I learned most of that in my last 20 seconds of life, and it made my gameplay more meaningful.

#13 2018-06-21 12:50:18

TrustyWay

At first, I repeated realplay because it was a joke, but people seems to take it seriously.

Roleplay is living what you are, not pretending. Pretending is acting. For exemple : the feeling that your mother is yours is a true feeling which jason call realplay, but after 10 years of roleplay I call it roleplay because you have to be into it. Realplay is roleplay. Why do people have a negative view on the word roleplay ?

What i would call realplay is to act like yourself. Then I wont feel anything for all people playing with me. My mom is just a dude doing his job, he has to. I wouldn't mind stabbing people because I realplay.

Living my actual life is already roleplaying if not I would act cold blooded on many things. (I can't feel well my feelings like many people) then it might realplay.

Roleplaying is the only thing that keeps me from doing kill streaks everytime I can.

You made me realise I was pretending to be happy

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-21 14:27:40)

#14 2018-06-21 15:49:05

breezeknight

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:
breezeknight wrote:
YAHG wrote:

so what exactly did you want to say ?

#15 2018-06-21 16:37:53

YAHG

breezeknight wrote:

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

Maybe you don't like this game.

You keep complaining telling us you quit.

Then you come back and complain some more.

If it really pissed you off enough to do all this maybe play a game you like in your free time instead of this one..

#16 2018-06-21 16:39:21

TheRedBug

It's not one click murder on helpless victims.
It's one click murder.

One click murder on potential griefers

Cus trust me when someone fucking grief you sheep pen, you'd come back crying to us to have access to one click kill for this person.

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#17 2018-06-21 16:41:16

forestglade

Realplay is one person cannot decimate an entire vilage with a knife or bow and arrow. Or if it happens, it’s rare. Not half of villages dying because their young females were murdered.

I think wound healing is a step in the right direction.

#18 2018-06-21 16:45:34

Anshin

Acozi wrote:

This is a game about survival. We are working to build societies best we can. If being killed makes you that mad perhaps you dont understand what this game is. It's not farmville, it's not dont starve, it's not the sims, and it's not stardew valley.

It's One Hour One Life. A multiplayer game full of good people, and bad people. Build up society or help destroy it. You can't control everything and everyone. You can do everything right, give your child the clothes off your back, teach them the rules of society, and they grow up and murder someone. You tried, that's life.

Applause.

If the whole town gets murdered while I'm away, I hope they learned something. I'm pretty good at avoiding getting murdered at this point. I had a round where I was a son, the last child born to the last female in a large town with about six guys left and my mom. We laughed, built a bow, and took turns having her kill us all. Profound last speeches and love all around. Sometimes death is fun and meaningful without anyone getting angry at all.

#19 2018-06-21 23:51:23

breezeknight

@YAHG

YAHG wrote:
breezeknight wrote:
YAHG wrote:

Maybe you don't like this game.

You keep complaining telling us you quit.

Then you come back and complain some more.

If it really pissed you off enough to do all this maybe play a game you like in your free time instead of this one..

you know pretty well there is a discrepancy between how this game plays & how this game is being advertized

here are Jason's descriptions of OHOL :
"Get born as a helpless baby to some other player as your mother, get older by one year every minute, play one small part in a multi-generational family tree, and help rebuild civilization from scratch, one unique life at a time."
"This game is about playing one small part in a much larger story. You only live an hour, but time and space in this game is infinite. You can only do so much in one lifetime, but the tech tree in this game will take hundreds of generations to fully explore. This game is also about family trees. Having a mother who takes care of you as a baby, and hopefully taking care of a baby yourself later in life. And your mother is another player. And your baby is another player. Building something to use in your lifetime, but inevitably realizing that, in the end, what you build is not for YOU, but for your children and all the countless others that will come after you. Proudly using your grandfather's ax, and then passing it on to your own grandchild as the end of your life nears. And looking at each life as a unique story. I was this kid born in this situation, but I eventually grew up. I built a bakery near the wheat fields. Over time, I watched my grandparents and parents grow old and die. I had some kids of my own along the way, but they are grown now... and look at my character now! She's an old woman. What a life passed by in this little hour of mine. After I die, this life will be over and gone forever. I can be born again, but I can never live this unique story again. Everything's changing. I'll be born as a different person in a different place and different time, with another unique story to experience in the next hour... "

you & many of the players who enjoy easy kill say that i am in the wrong because there is easy kill in the game

but i say that you are in the wrong because the game is still in development & because the descriptions about OHOL attract players like me who don't expect murder in it & surely don't expect easy kill, which actually plays worse than any violent game out there

so maybe instead to ask me to go playing something else you should go playing something that advertizes with killing & murder, isn't it ?
maybe you dislike the direction the gameplay actually is heading toward ?

or you could ask Jason to change the descritions to something which resembles the current gameplay, which has easy kill with one click & no self healing options for the victim
Best One-sentence description of OHOL?

#20 2018-06-22 00:03:19

YAHG

#21 2018-06-22 00:16:30

TheRedBug

What is so trrible about asking help for healing?

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#22 2018-06-22 00:17:32

TheRedBug

Also i still don't know why the heck you are still bothering with self heal. See these killers you hate? Now they are invulnerable because they can self heal, so they can proceed to murder the entire village. Is this what you want?

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#23 2018-06-22 00:36:52

TheRedBug

Here is a couple things jason also didnt include in description

Child starvation
Civilisations killing all males
Mothers not caring about childrens
Entire famines happening because someone messed up
People locking others in unbreakable rooms so they can starve to death
Death from animals

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#24 2018-06-22 01:49:27

breezeknight

@TheRedBug

TheRedBug wrote:

It's not one click murder on helpless victims.
It's one click murder.
One click murder on potential griefers
Cus trust me when someone fucking grief you sheep pen, you'd come back crying to us to have access to one click kill for this person.

it must be a relief for you & a good feeling of accomplishment to know that everybody killed was a griefer, or even better, "a potential griefer"

sometimes i wish too to live in a world that simple & to have a life that black & white

What is so trrible about asking help for healing?

i am already at the mercy of violent players with a weapon to end my current game at their whim,
now i will be additionally at the mercy of players who maybe refuse to heal me for whatever reason or expect gratitude & maybe stab me because i was not grateful enough to their liking, who knows, people were killed for lesser reasons or for no reason already

Also i still don't know why the heck you are still bothering with self heal. See these killers you hate? Now they are invulnerable because they can self heal, so they can proceed to murder the entire village. Is this what you want?

i suggested already that healing had to have a cool down, a time frame, needed a preparation
& in general, it's not about killers, same as it's not about griefers
it's about victims who've done nothing wrong
if killers define a society then that society is worth nothing to live in imo
here some food for thought
& some more info which will probably have to be discussed if there is ever going to be law in OHOL & states

Here is a couple things jason also didnt include in description ...

i am asking only for this one thing so far

if that gets included i will test if the gameplay is bearable enough to be enjoyable for me

easy kill is not bearable for me - it's so far only this one part of the gameplay i am not willing to accept because it's biased & unfair

also i am fully aware that this game contains survival, i have never asked for this game to become easier, never asked for the removal of murder & do not intend to play on private servers with murder disabled

or did you intended to silence the easy kill complaint by drowning it in all the other things wrong with the gameplay ?

People locking others in unbreakable rooms so they can starve to death

this sounds like a sims game to me lol

maybe Jason should include the classic sims situation - a pool, a pool ladder & the option to kill the swimming by removal of the pool ladder lol

Board footer