One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-13 02:42:07

Lotus

N/A

delete d

Last edited by Lotus (2018-12-26 06:34:44)

#2 2018-06-13 09:46:35

TrustyWay

Re: N/A

I really this story, you good woman.

Happiness and drama, well written.

Keep having adventures.

#3 2018-06-13 12:54:14

YAHG

Good story, thanks.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#4 2018-06-13 15:42:57

Aurora Aurora

Dang, thats almost Aurora level drama.
I'd marry both of them.

Good story :v)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#5 2018-06-13 16:06:09

Lotus

Thank you all. This is the story that I remember most clearly, thus all the detail. Thank you for all the support!

#6 2018-06-14 13:46:04

The_Llamacorn

Love the story, almost feel like you "stole" the title from a post I made a while back tho xD

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#7 2018-06-14 13:57:41

Christoffer
Website

Thanks, Lotus. That was lovely. <3

#8 2018-06-14 17:00:53

Lotus

The_Llamacorn wrote:

Love the story, almost feel like you "stole" the title from a post I made a while back tho xD

What post? I can change the title to something different

#9 2018-06-14 17:27:30

TAIOAN

That is, wow.
I meet you on the forum, Q!

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#10 2018-06-16 03:42:48

CarrotPies4Life

Lotus wrote:

I was born into a little town repopulated by two families, the N—s and the H—s.

My brother and I were N—s. My love was a H—. From the instant I was born, I knew that he and I were meant to be. There was a small fire with only he and myself on it. My brother had already grown hair and run off to do whatever it was he did during his early childhood.

“Sup,” you said to me. I responded with “H” since that was all I could do. You grew soon after and ran off immediately, leaving me alone. Life as a baby was uneventful. As a toddler, I was selected to be the town smith.

My mom was the Eve N—. Seems the H—s had arrived shortly after us, but my mom had grey hair and we were cared for by the H—s. She pleaded me to survive, as I was her only girl. I agreed, but foolishly went off to collect iron.

I had several close calls with wolves before returning with three iron. Made a hoe, axe, and smithing hammer. By this time, I was old enough to make it to the badlands without stopping for food. I collected more iron and brought it back, before making a shovel. In the midst of my shovel construction, you ran up to me. Your name was Joseph. You were beautiful.

“I saw a sheep pen,” he told me. “Can we make shears?”

I agreed and we decided to use the last of our iron to make blades. As I began doing so, you ran off with your backpack to collect more iron, emerging with seven. We made a steel file and I stacked the blades together but I couldn’t find the hammer.

“Have you seen the hammer?” I asked him.

“No, let’s look for it.”

He searched the interior of the town and I began asking around. I ran from tree to tree, searching behind each to attempt to find the hammer.

I reached the berry farm in the Northeastern-most corner of the little town. My brother was in there, and he just stared at me as I approached him.

“Hi, have you seen the smithing hammer?”

“No,” he told me. He continued to stare. I wished him a good day. Still staring. I waited, thinking he was typing. Still staring. I grabbed a berry and fed him, thinking he was AFK.

“Thanks,” was all he said. I ran off.

Joseph caught up with me. “Come with me,” he said. “I found the hammer.”

I followed him and he removed something from behind a tree in a place I had neglected to search. He set it down in front of me. It was a backpack containing the hammer and a rose. He looked up at me with a dorky smile.

“Here it is,” he said.

“Thank you,” I told him. I slipped the hammer out and ran back to the smithing station. Joseph followed me. At the time, I didn’t know the meaning of the rose.

When I had arrived, I discovered the blades were gone. “What the hell?”

Once again, we were forced to search. I came across my brother. “Hello again,” I told him. “Have you seen two blades?”

“No,” he responded blandly. He stared at me. I ate a berry and stared back. For a long while, I sat there, waiting for him to react to anything. But he just kept on staring. “Well, I should get going,” I told him. “Okay,” was all he said.

Joseph and I established the same system. He’d search the town, I’d search the outskirts. I stumbled across a particular tree, a strange one. It was lacking a branch unlike all of the trees nearby. I gazed behind it and was horrified to find a knife. I should have snatched it and put it in my bag. But I didn’t. Instead, I ran to Joseph.

“I found a knife!”

“Where?”

I lead him to the spot, on the way, I asked him if he thought somebody had taken our blades and made knives with them. “Idk,” was all he said, worry stricken across his face.

We arrived at the tree. I went to grab the knife, but instead, I merely grabbed a leaf. The knife was gone. I was sure that this was the tree! I began to panic. What if someone had the knife?

“We aren’t safe here any more,” I heard Joseph say. “We have to be cautious.”

We retreated to camp with extreme caution. I saw my brother tending the berry bushes.

“Brother! I think someone has a knife!” I told him. He reacted immediately, as always.

“Who?”

“I don’t know. I found one and now it’s gone.”

“Check people with bags.”

Joseph and I ran to do so. My brother followed me. He tried to soothe my stress by telling me jokes as I stopped to check. I had always assumed that my brother was a strange man, a bit off. But he showed me a different side of him, one with jokes and laughter and happiness. It helped me a lot, but alas no one with a backpack had a knife.

“Fuck, what do we do?” Joseph asked as we regrouped.

“Start on another one IG,” my brother suggested. The three of us headed to the forge and worked feverishly over two forges to make two steel blades. Joseph went out to hunt for a goose while my brother and I smithed. We grew closer, he finding time to type in between each heating of an ingot.

When Joseph returned, he returned with a backpack, holding a goose. He explained that someone had died in the wild and he had looted their corpse. He took some clothes out from the backpack and distributed them among my brother and I. “Awesome!” He chanted. Joseph got a backpack and a shirt, I got two boots and my bag, and my brother got a hat and a loincloth.

“Dude, you rock,” my brother told Joseph.

“I know, I know,” was his joking response.

We finished the shears and set off to shear some sheep. Before I got the chance, though, Joseph asked to take me aside to talk to me “privately.” My brother was a curious man and followed us, I could see him in the cracks between trees.

Joseph revealed a bright red rose from within his backpack. Then he proclaimed his love for me.

“From the moment I saw you, I knew I wanted you,” he began.

“Aww, Joseph.”

“I loved you then and I love you even more now. Please be mine tonight. Will you marry me?”

I accepted immediately and took the rose, storing it with care into my backpack. Then he gave me our first kiss and we headed back to camp, a newly wedded couple.

Almost instantly, I had my first child. A little daughter whom I named Delta. She grew to be bright and strong. She was a very inquisitive child. Joseph marveled over his “two beautiful girls” all the time, making me blush madly. I gave my child my boots and set her off into the world when she sprouted hair. I knew she would do good for our tiny town. The N— family had survived.

My brother had been away for a while. He came up to me and told me with great excitement he had built something. He took me over to a small building and encouraged me to step inside, proclaiming it our new home. I told him how proud I was of him and stepped inside. It was beautiful.

Then something ghastly happened. My brother revealed his lock and key. I scrambled to the door but it was too late. The door slammed behind me, locking me in.

“Brother, why!!!!”

My hunger was already low. He stared at me with cold eyes as I scrambled to get my pie from the back of my bag. Three bites left. I wouldn’t last long.

“I hate you!” He cried.

“Why?” I was desperate to know why he had done this. I hadn’t done anything to him.

“You were supposed to marry me,” he told me. “Not Joseph.”

“I’m sorry,” was all I could say. I didn’t know what else to say. I just wanted to get out. I pleaded silently that my Joseph would rescue me.

“It’s not fair,” he continued. “I loved you and you did this to me!”

“I didn’t know,” was all I could muster.

“Well now I know you don’t love me! This is what you deserve!”

“Please let me out!” I cried as I took my second bite of pie. Two bites to go.

Then he ran. He just ran away. Leaving me there, trapped in the building. “Someone let me out of here!” I cried, but there was no one nearby. I waited and waited. I ate another bite of pie. One bite left, before I would be completely out of food.

“Help!”

My Joseph ran up to the door. “OMG,” he said. “How do I get you out?”

“I don’t know but please hurry!” I pleaded my husband. He ran off. But it wasn’t long before he returned. “Your brother has a knife,” he told me. Immediately, I heard a scream. I was beginning to starve and I ate my last bite of pie. This was it, then.

“Joseph, I love you,” I told him. He ran off without returning the saying. I was heartbroken.

Then I saw them both emerge onto my screen. “Let her out or I’ll shoot,” he told my brother, who was running slowly with a bloody knife.

“I’m gonna stab you,” was all he said. That set Joseph off. I gasped in horror as the arrow pierced my brother’s heart. I cried out his name.

“Fuck you! I loved her!” That was all he could say before perishing into a pile of bloody bones. I was starving and my Joseph was too. “Help” he managed to say. But that was the last thing he could say. He too died right before my eyes, unaware of the handicap he would have to face and the inability to eat.

“NOOO!” I cried. I accepted my fate. My two loves had been taken from me in a single visceral instant.

But then... a miracle. My third love emerged from the shadows. In one swift movement, she looted the bloody corpse, grabbed the key and unlocked the door. It was too late for me, though, I was ready to go. “Thanks,” I said as I welcomed death.

But then the beautiful soul fed me. “Mom it’s okay,” she told me. “What happened?”

She was asking me too many questions for me to comprehend. “Your uncle fell in love with me and locked me here because I wouldn’t marry him,” was all I said. She fed me and I suppose my stress had caught up with me, because my hair turned grey.

“Come Mom” said my angel, Delta. She guided me next to a fire where I sat, in a shock. “I saw dad...” she started. She knew. She knew a piece of our family was gone.

“We’ll plant him roses,” she told me. Then she was gone.

I went over to their graves. Two bodies, facing each other, right next to each other in a sickening symbol of their unified death. I grieved over them. My Delta brought back some “antidotes” to soothe my pain.

When I started taking the mushrooms, I couldn’t stop. I escaped from the real world and dissolved my memories. I tried to work in my constant state of other realities, but it was difficult. Eventually, I told Delta that I was not going to waste the town resources any longer. My smart girl knew what this meant.

“No Mom!” She cried as she ran after me.

“I’m sorry Delta,” I told her. “I love you.” I stopped as I starved and she did too. I saw her begin to type, but it was too late. I perished before her eyes before I could see what she said.

As this was a long time ago I don’t remember the family names and thus don’t have a family tree. Hope you enjoyed nonetheless.

--

If you put your email (The one which you signed up with) in the Family Tree search bar, it will show all your bloodlines A.K.A family trees you had ever been apart of in OHOL. Hope I could help! (Wonderful story)

Lambs, mushrooms, and pies.......sometimes stew......sometimes.

#11 2018-06-16 03:47:18

Lotus

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I’ve played so many lives since then that this particular experience is buried under many others...

#12 2018-06-20 18:06:39

Pronghorn

Applause!
Another good one my friend smile

Please be kind.

Board footer