One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#251 2018-06-16 04:40:24

MidgetMaker

Re: Missed Connections

karltown_veteran wrote:

To Aura, Athena, Frida, Kimi, Amy and Other One—

I loved you all. You made splendid wives. Unfortunately, the bear did not.

Zeus, you had your chance to be my fling. Too late now.

Wednesday, thanks for supplying me with wives.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=338957

hey saturn,

it's amy.  once i heard that you were killed by a bear, i starved myself with my rose in hand.  life wasn't worth living.

#252 2018-06-16 04:48:36

LHO

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=339382

I was mothers last child and the towns only girl. She went grey soon after I was born and they frantically fed me carrots. I got the royal treatment because I was the last girl so I had clothes as a baby.

They didn't have much food so I setup a berry farm and went out for seeds. I wanted to get to stew but my first baby came in while I was out. I had her follow me back to town while I fed her along the way.

I kept all my kids and most of them did quite well for the most part. Too bad most my grandkids died and the family line died out. One of my grabdsons went to be a griefer after I died.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-16 04:59:38)

#253 2018-06-16 06:11:07

Lepisma

To my aunt - Carrie? I'm pretty sure that was you. Funny, I realize now that I told you how to name your first daughter! I'm glad you and our daughters lived so long after I was gone.

I'm sorry I starved before showing you how to make a bow. I hope you saw where I hid my arrow before I died, but I had to feed little Ven before she starved, too. At least one of us could live. Maybe I'll get to show you in the next life.
Vengeance, Revenge, my sweet girls, carry on your mothers' legacies! We were the last after my stupid brother Finely's antics.
Great Uncle Clyde, thank you for giving me your hat before you passed on. It was the only reason my mother kept me - because you chose me to pass your belongings to. The siblings that came after me were not so fortunate. Finely would have won if not for you.

Last edited by Lepisma (2018-06-16 06:33:10)

#254 2018-06-16 12:26:10

Trick

Jia,
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=341835

I've played a few games as a hunter, and always felt like it was kinda sad due to the overwhelming loneliness.  So, when I saw that we were in a burgeoning village and you were heading out to hunt, I was eager to join you.  I am glad you agreed to let me tag along. 

You seemed slightly more skilled than I, but I was holding my own.  We hunted the shit out of those lands!  And it was awesome.  We were both fully decked out in gear - wolf hats, seal coats, backpacks.  I really enjoyed our hunting days together.

I was so pissed at myself for dying to a snake.  I am sorry I left you behind.

Thanks for the fun game!

Odin

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=341803

#255 2018-06-16 12:33:16

Aurora Aurora

Trick wrote:

Jia,
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=341835

I've played a few games as a hunter, and always felt like it was kinda sad due to the overwhelming loneliness.  So, when I saw that we were in a burgeoning village and you were heading out to hunt, I was eager to join you.  I am glad you agreed to let me tag along. 

You seemed slightly more skilled than I, but I was holding my own.  We hunted the shit out of those lands!  And it was awesome.  We were both fully decked out in gear - wolf hats, seal coats, backpacks.  I really enjoyed our hunting days together.

I was so pissed at myself for dying to a snake.  I am sorry I left you behind.

Thanks for the fun game!

Odin

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=341803

Hello uncle!

I was your other nephew, Min. I tried to go on a similar adventure (I was going to find a big village) but the loneliness got to me and I killed myself.

Glad to see that my brother had a nice life with you.

Cheers!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#256 2018-06-16 12:37:24

FounderOne

To Odin Bob,
when I was a young boy. I found next to a catched rabbit a basket with a snail in it. I knew what I needed to do. I brought the rabbit and the basket back home.

You were at the fire, shouting Jia. Jia! I didn't knew my name. So I ignored first your calls. Until you said "Can we go hunting". At this point I was so hungry that I ran to the berry bushes. I guess you thought that I totaly ignored you. Even your mum or my mum went after me to tell me. But I already was back saying we can do it.

So you grabbed a basket and we catched our first rabbits. We upgraded our hunting equipment step by step. From to baskets to a full set of clothes, two snares, a bow.
We catched all those rabbits, hunted some wolfes, collected so much milkweed, brought cactus fruits home.

We had much fun. Until the rattlesnake came.. I saw it coming. Couldnt speak that fast and just saw you collapse on the ground.

I didnt knew what I should do. I shouted your name. But you were gone. I headed back home, told a guy to help me grab your stuff. We brought all the stuff back to town. Unfortunately all women starved and no one cooked our rabbits.

So I said goodbye, headed naked back to your bones and starved myself to death.

Connected even in death.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#257 2018-06-16 13:06:34

karltown_veteran

MidgetMaker wrote:

hey saturn,

it's amy.  once i heard that you were killed by a bear, i starved myself with my rose in hand.  life wasn't worth living.

Amy, my love. You were my favorite. Kisses.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#258 2018-06-16 15:47:46

forestglade

Uncle Meric,

Thank you for teaching me how to smith. You were a wonderful teacher. I buried you in the village plot and laid down to die next to you when I was old.

It was a good town, no murders. Someone died in front of me with a knife and I kept it safe.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=342631

#259 2018-06-16 21:09:25

MuffinGamys

To Odin, Jia and Min.
Nice to connect with you all. I was Bob Bob. Thanks for all the rabbits you brought. Our home wasn't the best but my mom left me as a kid. Me and my sis did what we could to survive and make something to call home. It was fun to play with you all!

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#260 2018-06-16 21:48:11

Opedoll

Connection Lost

To my Cousins, and to my mother(s),

In both of my life, I had a connection lost. My mother, Jill, I'm sorry I had failed you making a hoe. It seemed dire because of all the wilted gooseberries dying. I'm so sorry. I feel bad for leaving you. -Elisabeth

And in my second life, my cousins, the Luxes, I'm sorry I couldnt fulfilled your wishes to build that house of yours. I wanted to bury you. Alas, nobody will find your bones I'm afraid. Because another cousin of mine wanted to build an actual house with walls and the likes. I was trying to told him off. I don't know if he moved them now and probably throw you guys somewhere unpleasant. I died riding on a horse with a shovel. I'm sorry to the guy who lend me the shovel. And I'm sorry mom I died before you. - Huda Lex

#261 2018-06-16 23:20:47

Luniatji

Hello darling! I was Jill and I had reason i asked about the hoe. The reason was that with an hoe we could get carrots and we need carrots for compost; and compost for the dying berries, in that same thought. So without an hoe no carrots, no compost and more dying berries lol.

#262 2018-06-17 04:59:00

zennyrpg

Dear great uncle http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=347261, I finished the pies.  I even made two more batches in my lifetime.  Thank you for saving my life by feeding me.  I was worried someone would give me trouble because I lived even though my mother abandoned me but no one ever did.  Lots of people came and went through the bakery and many helped with the pies smile

#263 2018-06-17 05:11:45

Jk Howling

zennyrpg wrote:

Dear great uncle http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=347261, I finished the pies.  I even made two more batches in my lifetime.  Thank you for saving my life by feeding me.  I was worried someone would give me trouble because I lived even though my mother abandoned me but no one ever did.  Lots of people came and went through the bakery and many helped with the pies smile

Hi there kiddo. I don't think I was around during your lifetime- I was Hollynn, your... great great [great] grandmother, perhaps?

I was the first to jumpstart making pies again, after noticing we had plenty of ingredients for such- but nobody working on them or even noticing we had supplies for em.

I'm very glad to see they not only got done, but continued to get done, even long after I passed. I hope things are still going well, that was a good town.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-06-17 05:15:12)

-Has ascended to better games-

#264 2018-06-18 13:49:12

LHO

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=357207

Thank you sister for saving me, I was born to a young mother. She had already birthed my sister a year or so earlier. But our mother suddenly starved despite a berry farm within reach.

Luckily My sister grew hair in the nick of time and fed me berries. We had an old Grandma and an Uncle but my grandma died and I didn't see much of our uncle.

My sister kept me alive until I could sustein myself. I worked on growing berries and milkweed as well as some omelttes on the side. My sister soon came of age and started having children. She had 2 sons and 2 daughters.

I went out rabbit hunting to make the first backpack. Sadly neither of the young girls made it and the village was ultimately doomed.

I was livid when my youngest nephew Edmund took the pack for himself, He laughed at me and ran off. Then he starved out in the wild with the BP. I had even made myself a bow and arrow to kill him. My sister looked at the family tree and told me he died.

She was upset with me when I said "good" and confessed my plans to kill him. I'm glad he died but sadly I never found his body. He probably ran far and died behind a tree.

Me and my Sis grew old, She was the first to go once she had said her goodbyes. I bid my Nephew farewell and died of old age beside my sister.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-18 14:05:31)

#265 2018-06-19 05:36:40

forestglade

Saw a full grown woman pop out of air in front of me! Eve Tecuri. Who claimed to be my Eve (Sampson)
That was the first time I've ever seen it, and also kinda amazing since as an Eve before she had popped up in that farm.

Anyways, I was born Ed, and I had an elder brother Jon, who I loved, who was a serial killer. He died young, starving himself, and I missed him the rest of my life. But the farm was mostly peaceful afterwards.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=361155

Last edited by forestglade (2018-06-19 05:36:59)

#266 2018-06-19 06:31:03

FounderOne

VI and Sara Rainbow,

After you were gone I told Sara's girl and a unknown boy our story.
I said that I lended from Vi the backpack to gather iron and that I brought some iron back to the Smith.
I told them that I was seeing Sara smiting and she said that I was a good iron boy. I said to her all the iron is for her, she is my iron love.

The kids responded with "awwww" .

I told Sara that I will bring her more iron. So I went out and looked for more iron. I was very long away, but couldn't find more. Probatly because I aged a lot and couldn't see that good anymore.

The kids said "sad".

I told them that I was heading back to the town only with two iron in my backpack. I felt unconfotable, because Sara was my iron love. So I gathered stones because I had a hearth out of stone. In town I gave Sara all the stuff.

Then I said: Next Sara got aten from the bear that came in our town and that's it. Story is over.

That was the best part of the story. The kids were shocked. They didn't expected me to tell the end like this.
Short after I left the kids behind.

I wanted to bring Vi her backpack several times but I couldn't find her. I asked everyone where Vi has gone. No one knew it. I knew she died long ago, but when I was close to death I ran around looking still for her. A boy came and asked me if he could have my backpack I said no, it's not mine. You need to ask Vi. He ran away and I ran after him and I said "if you find her bones".

Well then two more bears came and a third one was more east. I lead the three bears a bit east but was so old that I couldn't get them to far away. But far enough that everyone can reorganize. Just back in town old age got me.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=358522

Well looking now at the family tree - Sara's girl got killed and the bears were still alive. The settlement was in a good shape, but the murder and bears hit the village to hard.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#267 2018-06-19 07:06:43

Jk Howling

forestglade wrote:

Saw a full grown woman pop out of air in front of me! Eve Tecuri. Who claimed to be my Eve (Sampson)
That was the first time I've ever seen it, and also kinda amazing since as an Eve before she had popped up in that farm.

Anyways, I was born Ed, and I had an elder brother Jon, who I loved, who was a serial killer. He died young, starving himself, and I missed him the rest of my life. But the farm was mostly peaceful afterwards.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=361155

I was part of that settlement when that happened! Filipe Sampson, second cousin once removed. You might've seen me running around with a bow and arrow that was entrusted to me at a surprisingly young age by an elderly man. This was shortly after a murder happened, and my first time using a bow, so I was terrified.

Actually, you might've been the one to give it to me? I do recall whoever gave it to me mentioned they sorely missed a brother.

Whether you are or aren't, I failed miserably with that bow. Did a few rounds, made sure things were going well. All was peaceful, said everyone I talked to. I even met the new eve, chatted with her a little bit as any friendly officer would.

And then I ran into my aging mother. She asked me to shoot her, as she was old anyways and she wanted me to feel my first kill. I vehemently refused- I'd promised to protect, not to kill!

One of my other cousins suggested I try killing a goose instead, claiming it was actually quite fun. She grabbed one and told me to follow, and I saw no harm in trying. Maybe it'd be good practice.

You/he had told me that it was left click to shoot, but try as I might, it didn't do anything. So I tried to right click- just as my cousin (your niece) picked up the goose to keep it from running off.

I shot her through the gut with my very first arrow.

She forgave me, laughed it off, jokingly said I was 'emo' when I mentioned I was going to starve. I don't think she realized how low my hunger was when it'd happened- I died moments after she did.

And I'm glad.

She might've forgiven me, but I never will.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-06-19 07:08:30)

#268 2018-06-19 07:24:32

Jk Howling

[double post rip]

Also, to my brother Hera

Just saw your last words and cause of death. Unfortunately, I starved before I could provoke the bear enough to get it to kill me, as pathfinding kept taking me around the den. Still, it brought a tear to my eye and a laugh to my throat, reading how you'd gone out.

As a pair of old men with nothing left but the bones of a village, it was a good life. Making burritos and trying to figure out what went wrong with the sheep pen was fun.

Godspeed, my brother.

-Gerald

#269 2018-06-19 07:32:02

Realcooldude

Jk Howling wrote:

[double post rip]

Also, to my brother Hera

Just saw your last words and cause of death. Unfortunately, I starved before I could provoke the bear enough to get it to kill me, as pathfinding kept taking me around the den. Still, it brought a tear to my eye and a laugh to my throat, reading how you'd gone out.

As a pair of old men with nothing left but the bones of a village, it was a good life. Making burritos and trying to figure out what went wrong with the sheep pen was fun.

Godspeed, my brother.

-Gerald

I followed you to the bear den. As i got there i watched as you died. Being the only thing left to do i grabbed a burrito and walked to the bear den north. Made my last statement to fulfill your desire and poked the bear. After a little restling match he finally won out over me.

I did this in your honor sir. It was a pleasure spending time with you.

#270 2018-06-19 07:36:54

Mirelli

To my big brother, Thor, my mother, Aphrodite, and my sister, Betul.

Mother, you were ripped from our lives far too fast. When I was born in town, I was optimistic about our futures. Still a newborn baby boy, my older sister Betul came up to us because she wanted to show you a shot wolf that was eternally dying. She tried stabbing it with her knife but she accidentally stabbed you instead. I wasn't even a year old yet when you perished. Betul starved not long after you, but my brother Thor, just old enough to grab things for himself, saved my life. He fed me berries by the fire until I was old enough to fend for myself.

I thought there were no more girls left and I was worried, but Thor tried to reassure me by telling me he believed we had more sisters out there. I was hopeful for a while as we made plenty of stew and pies and revitalized the berry farm so the girls would have some food to come home to. As the years passed, our hope began to fade. We were determined to stay alive and to make our town great, instead turning our hopes to a random Eve who might stumble upon us or our ruins.

I fixed the sheep pen and got compost started again while Thor planted milkweed and worked on stews. We passed each other often, not saying much, but we shared a bond that let us live in a comfortable silence. We had each other and that was all we needed.

We joked about our names at the end and I swore that I would bury you for all you did. You saved my life and it was the least I could do. I passed a few years after you, but not before burying you beneath a juniper tree and placing a fresh mutton pie upon your grave. One of the dozens of pies you helped me make before your swift end. I remembered your good deed and stood beside your grave until my time had finally come.

- Loki Shin
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=361566

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#271 2018-06-19 07:50:48

Realcooldude

Mirelli wrote:

Mother, you were ripped from our lives far too fast. When I was born in town, I was optimistic about our futures. Still a newborn baby boy, my older sister Betul came up to us because she wanted to show you a shot wolf that was eternally dying. She tried stabbing it with her knife but she accidentally stabbed you instead. I wasn't even a year old yet when you perished. Betul starved not long after you, but my brother Thor, just old enough to grab things for himself, saved my life. He fed me berries by the fire until I was old enough to fend for myself.

I thought there were no more girls left and I was worried, but Thor tried to reassure me by telling me he believed we had more sisters out there. I was hopeful for a while as we made plenty of stew and pies and revitalized the berry farm so the girls would have some food to come home to. As the years passed, our hope began to fade. We were determined to stay alive and to make our town great, instead turning our hopes to a random Eve who might stumble upon us or our ruins.

I fixed the sheep pen and got compost started again while Thor planted milkweed and worked on stews. We passed each other often, not saying much, but we shared a bond that let us live in a comfortable silence. We had each other and that was all we needed.

We joked about our names at the end and I swore that I would bury you for all you did. You saved my life and it was the least I could do. I passed a few years after you, but not before burying you beneath a juniper tree and placing a fresh mutton pie upon your grave. One of the dozens of pies you helped me make before your swift end. I remembered your good deed and stood beside your grave until my time had finally come.

- Loki Shin

Loki,

The wolf was my fault. I should have told you kids. It was the town pet, idk y it could not kill being shot but it would just stand there. As i tried to explain what he was, i was stabbed on accident. I really wish your sister would have went and ate and had children.

Im sorry i left you so young. I am also the one that gave her the knife for mutton. We had three when i was young and that was the last in the camp.

There was so many thing i wanted to teach you kids but never got the chance.

Thank you for the burial and the offering of pie to the gods. A proper viking burial allowed me to enter the gates of Valhalla and fight and feast with the gods. I died with honor, and not a vengeful thought passed my mind. Im sure our paths will cross in the great battlefield in the sky some day soon!

RCD

#272 2018-06-19 08:08:11

Jk Howling

Realcooldude wrote:
Mirelli wrote:

- Loki Shin

Loki,

The wolf was my fault. I should have told you kids. It was the town pet, idk y it could not kill being shot but it would just stand there. As i tried to explain what he was, i was stabbed on accident. I really wish your sister would have went and ate and had children.

Im sorry i left you so young. I am also the one that gave her the knife for mutton. We had three when i was young and that was the last in the camp.

There was so many thing i wanted to teach you kids but never got the chance.

Thank you for the burial and the offering of pie to the gods. A proper viking burial allowed me to enter the gates of Valhalla and fight and feast with the gods. I died with honor, and not a vengeful thought passed my mind. Im sure our paths will cross in the great battlefield in the sky some day soon!

RCD

Wow, the world's small this time of night.

Hey there kids, it's Artemis- your mother and/or grandmother.

I'm glad to see you kept the family name theme, daughter. Always thought god/goddess nicknames were cool, particularly the Greek ones, but Norse is also pretty epic. Wish the other children survived longer, but starvation strikes quickly to those not paying attention [and rattle snakes, oof].

Sad to see how you went out. I do hope the pupper survived- he was a bit strange, but never hurt anyone. Always just kinda did his own thing, preforming that little dance down south of the village. Perhaps an eve will stumble across the place and take him in.

Two brothers-vs-ruins endings in a row, RCD? At least they seemed pretty fun in the end. Sad the line died out but they had a good send off. See you on the other side, fam.

#273 2018-06-19 08:13:55

Realcooldude

Mother,

RCD is just short for RealCoolDude my forum name. I tried to tell you this when young but letter count got the better of me. The world is small. Glad we had these games.

#274 2018-06-19 08:38:58

DrButtCheeks

To Lucy, you did a wonderful job with the stew! It took me much longer to learn how to do it, you picked it right up. You thanked me for teaching you, and said you'd teach your children as well. That meant so much to me, even though you died soon after I know you'll carry out your promise.

And to Brandon thank you for teaching me that you could dig up soil pits with shovels! You were a handful but always helpful. Hehe

Last edited by DrButtCheeks (2018-06-19 09:07:40)

#275 2018-06-19 09:03:26

DrButtCheeks

Mirelli wrote:

- Loki Shin

BROTHER!!

I was so upset with myself for not feeding Betul, I forgot you can't drop the knife after a murder. Loki and I just stumbled across you two at the worst time, I'm sorry.

To Loki, you were the best brother I coulda asked for. You went right to work as soon as you could, which kept me going when I began to doubt the existence of a surviving sister. Thank you for burying me, I wish I could have returned the favor.

P.S. Mom I was trying to tell you I just saw Thor: Ragnarok last night, an awesome coincidence xD

Board footer