One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-14 10:58:28

YAHG

Re: More murder problem discussion

It does not seem possible to kill people who are moving. Other than being able to stab them back if you are in death stagger I am not sure what can be done.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#27 2018-06-14 14:10:35

Kinrany

Jason, I suggest you add an in-game reason to kill/attack/rob other people or villages.
It will make attacks less random, so everyone will have to be prepared to defend themselves.

jasonrohrer wrote:

Why do we want to deal with a griefer non-lethally?

Some suspects are innocent.
Also, people can have legit conflicts that aren't worth the risk of being killed.

UncleGus wrote:

Because anything available to the hermit is available to the griefer.

Not true. The hermit has time to prepare and access to the battlefield.
For example, he could train a pack of wolves, so that they look like dogs and kill only those not related to him.

Glassius wrote:

Every weapon crafting is sabotaged by griefer.

That's not the problem. If the griefer has a weapon and you don't, you've already failed. It should be possible to store weapons safely without starving the village.

breezeknight wrote:

i don't intend to kill in OHOL & i don't need any revenge

The purpose of revenge is to discourage other people from committing the same crime later.
The other purpose of killing is to prevent the same person from committing more crimes now.
Killing is a tool for self-regulation. Self-regulation is necessary on public servers with little moderation.

#28 2018-06-14 14:19:59

sc0rp

A wise man has spoken.  Great ideas Kinrany.

#29 2018-06-14 15:38:52

TrustyWay

I rather have new contents sush as dogs or medecine (which I dispite but have their uses : hard to make so it will prevent first murders or mistakes) than tweaking the knife a thousand time.

Make butcher knife so people will stop stealing knife in sheep pen.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-14 15:39:44)

#30 2018-06-14 19:13:27

breezeknight

Kinrany wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

i don't intend to kill in OHOL & i don't need any revenge

1. The purpose of revenge is to discourage other people from committing the same crime later.
2. The other purpose of killing is to prevent the same person from committing more crimes now.
3. Killing is a tool for self-regulation. Self-regulation is necessary on public servers with little moderation.

1. it's wishful thinking that to kill a killer or griefer will discourage them
by killing them you respond in the same way as them, you talk the same language, it's their territory, they are being encouraged by killing them - the opposite of what you wish for if you really want to stop this or at last effectively reduce & demote the importance of killing & griefing

2. killing a killer of mine after i'm already dead doesn't bring me the life lost
but it will encourage the killer to repeat & try to escape the revenge more efficiently
the more often a killer/griefer is killed the more experience & training they get
to kill the killer & griefer is a game within the game of OHOL, it's the game of killers & griefers, it's not the game i want to play & was playing as i started - living for one hour

3. that's only self regulation within the game of killing & griefing
it's not any kind of self regulation of a life in the OHOL land
everything circles meantime around killers & griefers, nothing circles anymore around building life
the life in OHOL has to make space where killings & griefing take place, killing & griefing take the center stage, life recedes to the backburner - that's the reality of OHOL

#31 2018-06-14 19:22:39

Teleri

Not sure what to do to help us? When there are an ENDLESS SEA OF SUGGESTION BOARDS AND TOPICS ON IDEA ON HOW TO HELP US?

Right.

One I haven't seen yet;
A weapon that only works on someone who is slowed down due to murder.
Please.
We need this.
Everyone NEEDS THIS!

Then everyone can carry said weapon around with them in case someone steals the sheep knife and murders LITERALLY the entire town.
What this does?
- Scares Griefers
- Another thing for people to craft
- It can decay as well, providing a new job for people
- Provides a means to kill someone AFTER they have started their killing
- Cannot be used as a mass killing weapon itself
- If the people agree on the killing, no one gets killed by this weapon because no one will use it on the person

What is it going to take for you to add something to this game? Should we start a go-fund-me and if we raise $100 you'll add something?
The streams I have been watching are even getting worse and worse everyday. Playing in a large civs always leads to killing. Without a reason.

I am in Laugh's streams A LOT and I share the same pain and frustration as he does.

"Greatly Hobbled"
What? How if we don't have another knife because we are too afraid to make one because of killers?
How if someone hides the arrows or bows?
How if the griefer puts their own lock on the boxes or houses before the correct person does?

Ways to grief? 100s
Ways to protect? Very very very VERY few, if any.

- Add armor
- Add double stabbing needed, chance of one hit KO
- Add meds/bandages
- How about ways to strengthen what we do have so we can work to prevent other forms of griefing other than murder?
- Have the knife/arrows get stuck in the person that was attacked
- Dogs/Guard animals
- Every single other post/thread on this forum, ever.

Jason, what do you want?

Edit:
And I would like to add that you expect everyone playing to be able to communicate correctly in order to prevent all this griefing in a game that when you blink, your life is over. That there are limited amounts of words you can say at a time. That there is no TIME to stand around talking because if you let the bushes languish too long then you will not have enough food and the civ will die out. There also needs to be better ways to communicate. And better storage as well as a way to protect said storage. There is so much to do.

Communication in this game is probably the worst, right next to griefing.

Last edited by Teleri (2018-06-14 19:27:46)

#32 2018-06-14 20:33:10

Uncle Gus

I keep saying it and I'll keep saying it. The only advantage that good players have is teamwork. We need ways to stop griefers that require teamwork.

#33 2018-06-14 20:33:15

YAHG

jasonrohrer wrote:

So we can hold them for trial. We can then decide if we think they should be killed or not.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#34 2018-06-14 21:01:27

TrustyWay

jasonrohrer wrote:

So we can feel good and make him lose time in his streak. He wont just die and keep killing people in a next life.

#35 2018-06-15 07:48:56

pressdare

When stabbing a person have the knife get stuck in the opposing player (another player can remove the knife and patch her/him up if quick enough). They could also grab the knife from the player and use it against the killer? The killer can't take the knife again until the victim has died? Dunno

#36 2018-06-15 12:31:11

Angel Carrillo

Actually, realistically, removing the weapon injected in you or another person actually ironically makes the wound more deadly. You'd bleed out even faster because now you don't have a mass blocking the wound. If you did remove the knife, you might want to patch them up REALLY quick if you want this feature pressdare.

Board footer