One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-10 04:53:47

startafight

a foolish old man's last request

i married later than my peers. my mother was an eve, born into a bustling town. she died quickly, too poor to keep my many siblings fed. i was lucky to be the first, i managed to find a job and fit in as soon as my little hands let me.

before meeting Her i spent my youth caring for the crops, surviving multiple famines that resulted from sudden baby booms. many towns folks died as a result. the numerous butts that had run around only minutes before were wiped to only three in an instant. but we recovered. as the town slowly rebuilt, She caught my eye.

she was a beautiful woman, often seen by the forge. every day on my route to dirt id pass her by. her sweet braid and her determined nature made my heart race. with the recent mass deaths in mind i raced after her, calling, "spruha!"

"what?" she asked.

"will you marry me?"

she didnt even hesitate to say yes. ever since my mother and siblings passed i had not known such joy... finally, a wife who i could cherish.

she warned me, "i am too old to have kids" but it did not matter! i loved her graceful aging smile and her calloused, worked hands. she brought me a wedding pie to celebrate our marriage. it tasted like love.

i returned to my work and so did she but i never forgot to pass by the forge to glimpse my beautiful wife. the next few years were bliss.

but time passed on too fast, she was aging quickly. but i was foolish, i was young! i thought she had more time.

the next thing i knew, i could not find my beautiful wife... oh i searched. i searched the fields and the forge and ran about the whole town, asking for my wife's whereabouts.

finally i found her. in a grave.

"why didnt you call for me?" i wailed.

i grieved until there was nothing to cry. then i remembered, a wolf off to the west. i could not do anything for my wife in life but i would at least give her something in death!

my time was approaching rapidly, i asked around for anyone with the key to the war chest.

"please, i want to shoot a wolf for my wife" i begged. the two young men who had given me, a dying old man, a moment of their time shook their heads. "no idea where it is" they said.

i lamented, "i am a foolish old man. i cant even give anything for my wife. i deserve nothing"

the men consoled me, "no we will help look." one even offered to make me a bow

but i refused their kind words, "i am dying. i will not last long. i wasn't there for my wife's death and now i cannot do anything for her"

the youngest of the two looked on me with pity and i knew his heart was kind so i asked him, "young man will you shoot a wolf for my wife?"

he nodded. "of course. show me her grave."

i led him to the grave that i had reburied her in and his eyes widened, "that is my mother's grave.... father?"

a step son! never in my years had i been able to meet one of my wife's children and yet here he was. i embraced him, exclaiming, "son!"

a reunification years overdue. he promised to bury us close before i asked him to do the unthinkable.

"please kill me, link our family trees forever."

he hesitated before agreeing. "i love you father" he said as he unsheathed his knife.

"i love you too, son."

but the boy he was so nervous, he kept missing. and i was slowly starving. three bars! he missed! two bars! he missed! one bar!

"QUICK!"

and it struck true.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=294100
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=294018

Last edited by startafight (2018-06-10 04:56:54)

#2 2018-06-10 15:54:34

YAHG

Re: a foolish old man's last request

The end is awesome <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-06-10 18:06:43

WomanWizard

Aw, this is so sweet! I was Spruha!

I was getting really old and had the knife for the sheep pen which I wanted to pass on to someone trustworthy. So I swapped bags with my son and found he had no food in his. Instead of running wildly around town to look for food I decided to say my goodbyes right there. I wasn't going to last much longer anyway.

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you, husband. I'm glad you and my son found each other.

#4 2018-06-10 20:21:26

Pronghorn

Wooooow smile
It's like Shakespeare

Please be kind.

#5 2018-06-11 04:34:41

startafight

WomanWizard wrote:

I was getting really old and had the knife for the sheep pen which I wanted to pass on to someone trustworthy. So I swapped bags with my son and found he had no food in his. Instead of running wildly around town to look for food I decided to say my goodbyes right there. I wasn't going to last much longer anyway.

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you, husband. I'm glad you and my son found each other.

wife! im sorry i didnt get to see you in your final moments. but it was thanks to you that your son and i got to meet. i couldn't have asked for a better family

#6 2018-06-11 19:20:39

TAIOAN

That is, wow.

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#7 2018-06-11 19:39:26

Aurora Aurora

Once again, fuck you for being more romantical than me

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#8 2018-06-15 21:59:43

Valences42

Good story!

#9 2018-06-15 22:30:36

QweeniiPug

So beautiful... BRAVO! big_smile

#10 2018-06-16 03:33:54

CarrotPies4Life

WomanWizard wrote:

F Mother!  I'm sorry dear father, I wasn't able accomplish your goal.

Mother,  I passed the knife onto a female child. She was sweet and I had this gut feeling she would be the one to save the city. Our blood line ended with me being the last to die in our family tree (if I'm correct). My cousin would die soon before me, being the last female to die. Thanks for life mom, I'm glad I got to be apart of it!

Lambs, mushrooms, and pies.......sometimes stew......sometimes.

#11 2018-06-16 19:26:33

WomanWizard

Aw, it's a family reunion! Hello son. I'm glad you didn't go on a murder spree.

Board footer