One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-09 01:52:22

cody.brown255

Tribal Totems

I find the biggest issue in OHOL is that when a population starts to boom, it can often overwhelm your ability to make food quickly enough. The solution I see in alleviating that is to create a Tribal Totem or something along those lines in which people can add their user so that everyone can see where the population of the group stands. Maybe a number in the right-hand corner, showing the amount of people that are currently alive. Naturally, when a person passes, their number should be subtracted from the total.

Furthermore, if possible, it would be pretty cool if in doing so, you could look at the tribal totem and bring up a list of how many generations a village has been around. I would love to see some kind of genealogical map showing that a base was started 15 generations ago. Also, in keeping with the general vibe of OHOL, once everyone who is registered to the totem dies, the totem would be defunct.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this idea!

#2 2018-03-09 02:08:56

NIKS YMNI GNIL WARK

Re: Tribal Totems

the games philosophy isn't about growing its about everything returning to dust.

i don't like that approach personally but wuddeva. I agree that totems should be a thing it would add another layer to the game that would make it that much better!

#3 2018-03-09 02:11:09

Uncle Gus

I disagree. Almost everything you do in the game is permanent. It's not about holding on to what you achieve in a lifetime, it's about the entire player base, all of humanity, moving forward collectively.

#4 2018-03-09 03:42:42

yvanhooe

Actually I don't really know about the proposed mechanics here, but having a totem that could serve as a shared home marker would be great!

Board footer