One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-08 02:31:18

LHO

To Jake Rainbows

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=275056

I was born into a mid sized town. It didn't look so good at first. Adults were saying things like "too many babies" and I noticed they had no tools.

We were 5 gens in and theh had only just crafted the hammer. So when I grew hair I started working in the forge, First I accidentally forged a pickaxe and then the shovel I intended to make.

I dug a well  and that solved the water shortage for awhile. The children immediately started watering the berries and the famine was averted.

I was in the process of making more steel when you told me you wanted to learn how to forge. You were a good help gathering various materials for me. I'm not the greatest teacher in the game but it seemed like you learned from watching.

We worked together to make most of the tools. People got suspicious of you when I tried to send you out to get me a goose but luckily no one died.

Another lady also occasionally helped me hammer wrought irons but I don't remember her name.

There was one village idiot who caused some trouble. He cut down our Jupiter tree and turned our fire bow into a flint tapped one just as the fire went out. You wanted to kill him but I had left the bow next to ponds, I was too old to make it in time.

In the end we both died of old age.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-08 02:44:02)

#2 2018-06-08 04:01:43

WomanWizard

Re: To Jake Rainbows

I was in that family a few hours ago. I was George Rainbow.

My grandmother, Evelyn Rainbow, asked for a shovel but we didn't even have a working forge. I went out for iron and got killed by a wolf behind a tree on my way back. Glad to see someone went on to smith at least.

#3 2018-06-08 05:03:44

LHO

Yeah the village wasn't that good tbh. I've seen Eves that made steel tools in there lifetimes although that was before iron was so rare. Still, 5 gens and  no tools is quite poor.

They died soon after my death,  kind of sad that 2 people did more in their lifetimes then that village did in 5 gens.

#4 2018-06-08 16:29:18

WomanWizard

Not gonna argue with you. They had a comfortable amount of food while I was there, but that only lasts for so long.

It probably didn't help that I died behind a tree with a basket of iron. Kind of hard to find it there.

#5 2018-06-08 16:44:50

Stankysteve

Hello second cousin twice removed, I was lydie of Gen 3. Jake was my grandson.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=275056

I was struggling with those tools in my time. The foundations, getting more clay bowls and plates done, endless wood runs, making charcoal. People were getting in the way and touching stuff, wasting fuel, allowing fires to die. Then the kids just kept popping. If I recall correctly after I explained where some stuff was and what we needed I opted to allow myself to starve far from how while making a last couple wood trips since were were having a food crash already, and I was reaching my sterile years. I did not want to take from the dwindling supply at home the kids needed, and we had already foraged much around the area.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-08 16:46:58)

Board footer