One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-06 15:24:02

komody

mothers who dont give their babies names

deserve a special place in OHOL hell
does anyone else just feel like nothing matters when they dont have a name/lastname.
no legacy can be built if its just a bunch of nobodies, it would be nice if nameless children could give themselves a name maybe?

#2 2018-06-06 15:32:36

WomanWizard

Re: mothers who dont give their babies names

I agree. Maybe they could give themselves last names like an eve and their first name would default to John or Jane.

I spent a recent game taking care of abandoned nameless babies because I wasn't having any of my own for some reason. If you were cared for by a lesbian berry farmer, that was probably me. It would have been nice to see them pick a name similar to mine to honour that.

#3 2018-06-06 15:56:28

Anshin

Last names should automatically transfer to babies.
Eves who don't give themselves a last name automatically get the last name Rohrer after the first baby reaches childhood. (becomes default family name for both)

#4 2018-06-06 22:11:12

Turnipseed

I always suicide when born with no last name

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-06-06 22:38:33

lostlandofcarrots

I felt like this a while ago, and then the lineage tracker was introduced. I'm cool with not having a first/last name now.

Still, I believe we should be able to set a first name for ourselves if we're unnamed, and a last name if the Eve that started our line never picked one for herself. If she did, I believe it should automatically transfer to her descendants. At least until a certain number of generations have passed.

#6 2018-06-07 00:57:57

Lotus

I was born into a “Nameless family” once. It consisted of an Eve who hadn’t named herself or her children, who told their grandchildren never to name their children as they were the “nameless family.”

I understand names are important during the following scenarios:
-identification, ‘blank’ murdered this person
-beginning a lineage, ‘Eve Blank’
-birthing a female, who will give that last name to their children

Unfortunately, this means last names aren’t necessary for males. I don’t see the big deal around names, but I try to give them. Why are they important?

#7 2018-06-07 02:00:17

Medina

Some parents don't give a...

Much like many parents irl these days tbh.

I do like the feature though. Mixes some grey into the colorful world.

#8 2018-06-07 02:04:24

LHO

I'd like the option to adopt other peoples babies, Males.should be able to do it too.

Because some people like to save abandoned babies but they are usually stuck as nameless.

This way we could prevent careless mothers from ruining family names.

#9 2018-06-07 02:06:21

zennyrpg

I feel like being nameless is a challenge.  Like, "My mother was such a noob that I didn't even get a name, but I survived anyway!"

I do feel like you should be able to give yourself a name (both first and last) if you weren't given one.  You could name yourself after your family name if you know it, or you could choose a new last name.  If your mother had cared about preserving her family name she would have named you.

#10 2018-06-07 04:46:55

Lotus

As Eve, maybe it should be a necessity to give yourself a last name, like in a popup. As a mother, same concept could apply for naming children.

Board footer