One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-05 06:15:20

NerdyNinja

Looking for Family

Hello!

About a week ago I played my first game of One Hour One Life where I died of old age.  It was also the strangest game of One Hour One Life I've played yet.  I was born to a mother named Jessica who was holding a knife and the entire town was murdered.  My uncle, Jess came back and asked what had happened.  She responded, "Murder." Then he said, "You look pretty suspicious," before murdering my mom.  My Uncle Jess then raised me before I gave birth to multiple kids, all of whom were really sweet.  We kind of rebirthed the town together, and I feel attached to them.  I'm not sure if I remember all of your names, but I tend to use names like Kaylee and Peter.  If this story sounds familiar to you, please hit me up!  I want to see how the town did after I passed.  Were you able to rebuild again?  At least for a little while?

#2 2018-06-05 06:37:33

Lily

Re: Looking for Family

If it was just last week, you can try using the family tree: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … front_page

Put in the email address your account uses, and it will list all your characters. Well a lot of them. If you played a ton of games, it might not still be up there.

#3 2018-06-05 06:44:38

NerdyNinja

Haha, I have been playing this game too much for the session to show up in my family tree.  Is there any way to expand what it shows?

#4 2018-06-05 06:59:04

Lily

Can search for them by name. Some of the people go back that when searching for names. I tried that, though I couldn't find any children named Kaylee or Peter with a grandmother named Jessica. Though maybe you will have better luck since you know the names better.

#5 2018-06-05 07:17:02

aowen

I think I was your daughter! Are you Gen 3 in this blood line?: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=195417

If so, I was your second daughter. I helped raise the little ones along side you next to the carrot farm.

When Lily heard that you had passed, she went on a quest for iron in order to make a shovel and give you a proper burial. She came back years later having accomplished her quest. We were both old then.

I was nearing 60 when I was telling the little ones about my mother, "new Eve", because you the only mother in the village. Tragedy when Lily comes from the north with a blood stain. I fled, cried "Killer", but I didn't get very far. I died of old age.

I never got closure on what happened, but the bloodline continues after us, so they did well. : )

#6 2018-06-05 19:50:10

NerdyNinja

Oh my gosh!  Yes that is you guys!  I'm so glad I found you!  (You were my favorite daughter). Thank you for doing such a great job!  19 generations is impressive!

Last edited by NerdyNinja (2018-06-05 20:00:55)

#7 2018-06-05 19:54:36

NerdyNinja

I'm sad that murder was passed down through the family!  It's great you made it to old age.  I'm so proud!

#8 2018-06-05 22:49:12

TrustyWay

NerdyNinja wrote:

Hello!

About a week ago I played my first game of One Hour One Life where I died of old age.  It was also the strangest game of One Hour One Life I've played yet.  I was born to a mother named Jessica who was holding a knife and the entire town was murdered.  My uncle, Jess came back and asked what had happened.  She responded, "Murder." Then he said, "You look pretty suspicious," before murdering my mom.  My Uncle Jess then raised me before I gave birth to multiple kids, all of whom were really sweet.  We kind of rebirthed the town together, and I feel attached to them.  I'm not sure if I remember all of your names, but I tend to use names like Kaylee and Peter.  If this story sounds familiar to you, please hit me up!  I want to see how the town did after I passed.  Were you able to rebuild again?  At least for a little while?

That is a fun story, this remind me an old story of mine. I was on the other side of the mirror long time ago, before the lineage trees, before the decay, before... apocalypses. My story is from forgotten times for many of you, where it was different :

I was a male in a huge city, with walls, floors, with inner houses, farms delimited by fences, bear skins corvering all the interior of houses, two or three fires were burning. We had a huge stock of carts full of baskets full of food. I was a sweet boy, but then stocks went really low. In the food houses, many of the food carts were empty. I became hardcore and I started to kill all males I dont remember why. Maybe starvation, maybe just fascism. It turned into a huge massacre. Everybody died except a little girl that was left, I took care of her like she was mine.

Years later, nobody we knew city came back, but a mysterious crowned man on a horse came and said he was a king, there was a village at the end of the road and that we all were his subjects. What a fool. He left and said he was bringing some weapons to attack the place he was bannish of. We prepare an ambush but he never came back for some reason, maybe starvation, maybe fascism.

We packed food and then left. Following the road, we didn't know where we were even going. We had to choose right or left many times. The roads were so long, only a mad man could have made them. I died of old age on the road.

I sometimes still wonder what happened to her. I'm sure she had a great life.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-05 23:12:14)

Board footer