One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-04 03:38:30

startafight

last of braves

as the last of the braves clan i feel that it is my duty to record our last moments

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=244585

i was nameless, born to my mother joy, who promptly abandoned me. one of my many cousins raised me till i was big enough to walk. i spent my time watering languishing berry bushes while i grew up. when i was older, one of my cousins (mark perhaps?) showed me to the rabbits and i promised to teach the future generation about the rabbit camp.

i went home and it came time for uncle morgan to die. right after him, the keys to our weapons safe and the knife was passed along to amethyst asked jim to kill her and passed on her knife to him. from his first kill he became twisted and strange. he stabbed my first boy, bb, saying no boys allowed. his reign of terror reached my cousin, rita, who was stoic throughout it all. he slaughtered two of her boys, but allowed her to keep the girls. none of this was justified as the camp was lush with berries, thanks to my efforts in my youth.

i was aging rapidly, but i had a single daughter, ahil. the moment she grew hair, my own turned gray.

jim asked me, "are you old?"

knowing he would slay me the moment i said 'yes', i lied, saying "no, i think I'm 30 something."

i carried my daughter off, saying something about teaching her where the rabbits were. i saw jim call from the distance "i see gray in your hair". i ran faster.

i told my daughter to be careful and she agreed that jim was mad. he had killed bb right in front of ahil's eyes and she knew there was evil within jim.

she told me, "when he dies, we should take the knife. keep it safe" i agreed with my clever daughter

i decided to show her the way to the rabbit camp to make sure she had little contact with jim as possible. ahil toddled alongside me, reaching the camp safely. i thought this was it! i had protected my daughter. i showed her the berry bushes around the hunting camp, the way my cousin did. i told her to show it to her sons, as i promised my cousin that i would. she said she understood.

i told ahil to start heading home now, that i would hunt a little longer. and off she went.

a little time passed and i realized i was withering fast. i wanted to reach camp, hoping that maybe rita had slain him while i was gone, or that my daughter ahil would have had her first child. but i felt a little nagging thought in my mind 'what if ahil couldn't make it home?' i set up a marker when i was young, and i was sure it had transferred to her... but i anxiously looked around for her little body, just in case.

i reached the fires of the camp, finding a murdered body of one of my fourth cousins. jim greeted me happily, and i said to him, "i see youre still doing this"

as we made small talk he crept closer, his face frozen in a grin. he asked about my daughter, i told him she was still out hunting. he knew he was going to try to stab me and i knew it too. i walked away as quickly as possible, grabbing a fresh pie on the way out.

as i walked away from camp i saw her, rita. she had grown big and had become a full woman. she was holding a newborn babe in her arms. i tried keeping her away from camp, giving her the pie. "he's just killed someone," i warned.

but rita... she was convinced by jim to return. her next boy was also slaughtered by jim. she sat there, helplessly, as i looked on. i was so old by this time... and so was jim. in the time it would take to make a bow and arrow he and i would have died of old age. so i just looked on. then jim gave rita the knife.

he laughed, "this is your chance. you could kill me."

the knife shook in rita's hands... two of her children had died to this madman. she dropped the knife and he yelled, "you can kill me! come on! do it!"

and she did. she stabbed him and he chuckled, "good girl!"

he died, and soon after him rita followed. perhaps it was the guilt that racked her, preventing her from eating. perhaps it was the death of her only daughter, canan.

i buried them all. every last one. and i wondered... if my own daughter was still out there, living on.

RITA: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=244585
JIM: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=244585
UNCLE MORGAN: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=244585

(and then i came onto the family tree and saw my daughter died shortly after... she had almost a full pie in her bag too hmm )

Last edited by startafight (2018-06-04 03:40:07)

#2 2018-06-04 04:04:40

Trick

Re: last of braves

I was your Grandmother, Violet.  I am sorry to hear my daughter Joy turned out to be such a bad mother.  I had named her after my own mother, who was such an awesome mom.  I was hoping it would have good karma.

#3 2018-06-04 04:40:44

startafight

Re: last of braves

Trick wrote:

I was your Grandmother, Violet.  I am sorry to hear my daughter Joy turned out to be such a bad mother.  I had named her after my own mother, who was such an awesome mom.  I was hoping it would have good karma.

hi grandma! i didnt really mind. my aunt took good care of me and i had a good childhood smile

Board footer