One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-03 00:42:21

Feldspar

Dear Ash- FU I LIVED AHAHAHAAHA

We were in Berryhaven- a prosperous town, with everything a growing girl could need.

I had a wonderful mother and and a great uncle.... and then you came along. I was barely able to feed myself when my loving uncle told me to run from the bad man. So I ran.  I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. But soon I grew hungry. I came back and you were still killing my family- but in your murderous distraction you enabled me to steal a basket of pies and escape. I lived in the wilderness for many years- found an abandoned milkweed farm, hunted rabbits and waited. Because YOU were old, but I was not!

When the time was right I came home- I didn't even have a home marker but I was a skilled wilderness explorer by then and found it easily. I found your body and took you clothes and knife. Then I had children- and with each child I had, I went to your body and gloated. Because WE won and you lost. I had a whole city to myself to raise my kids and everyone could do what they wanted there. I even started a school. It was great!

My only regret is that lag got me before I could pass on the knife to a responsible child.

-Cousin Lola

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=230361

P.S. one of my kids pooped on your grave.

just here putting off doing my assignments

#2 2018-06-03 02:04:52

SpreadDaWord

Re: Dear Ash- FU I LIVED AHAHAHAAHA

HA! Good job!

#3 2018-06-03 03:07:45

Baker

You're a legend, I was your uncle!. I'm glad you survived, Too bad he got me too in the end.

Last edited by Baker (2018-06-03 03:26:58)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#4 2018-06-03 03:32:00

Feldspar

Baker wrote:

You're a legend, I was Mike I spent most of the life I had in that berry farm. Alot of the children never watered so I tried to teach them, A lot of them didn't realize they needed the bucket to use the well. I saw them trying to fill a bowl from the well and when I told them to use a bucket they tried watering with the bucket.

Anyway, when he started killing everyone I ran off but I quickly realized I couldn't do much if he killed all the women. So I ran back into town and saw a young girl, I tried to tell her to run but he stabbed me. Were you by any chance that girl I saw, I'm glad you got away and repopulated the town.

Yes I was the girl! I was hanging around because I'd seen a body, but hadn't seen what happened and wasn't sure if the murderer was still around. When you showed up and told me to run I knew it was serious and took off-it really saved my bacon as I think he appeared right after that.

Thanks for teaching me about the deepwells- I wasn't sure how the deepwells/bucket thing worked after the new update so it was a great help. When arrived back I spent most of my time tending to the berry farm in your honor and it was the first lesson I taught some of the new players in my school (although unfortunately some of the deep wells had dried up then, but atleast they should know to always water the berrys now smile)

#5 2018-06-03 03:50:08

Baker

Feldspar wrote:
Baker wrote:

You're a legend, I was Mike I spent most of the life I had in that berry farm. Alot of the children never watered so I tried to teach them, A lot of them didn't realize they needed the bucket to use the well. I saw them trying to fill a bowl from the well and when I told them to use a bucket they tried watering with the bucket.

Anyway, when he started killing everyone I ran off but I quickly realized I couldn't do much if he killed all the women. So I ran back into town and saw a young girl, I tried to tell her to run but he stabbed me. Were you by any chance that girl I saw, I'm glad you got away and repopulated the town.

Yes I was the girl! I was hanging around because I'd seen a body, but hadn't seen what happened and wasn't sure if the murderer was still around. When you showed up and told me to run I knew it was serious and took off-it really saved my bacon as I think he appeared right after that.

Thanks for teaching me about the deepwells- I wasn't sure how the deepwells/bucket thing worked after the new update so it was a great help. When arrived back I spent most of my time tending to the berry farm in your honor and it was the first lesson I taught some of the new players in my school (although unfortunately some of the deep wells had dried up then, but atleast they should know to always water the berrys now smile)

I'm glad my efforts weren't in vain, Now he looks pretty dumb gloating about destroying the town. It's nice that my knowledge was passed down to the next generations.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2018-06-03 05:40:52

Hstrike

Hi Mom!

I distinctly remembered that your first words were about murder. I distinctly remember that you named me Victory, because you had triumphed over the killer. I carried that name proudly until I finally collapsed.

As a young boy, I had the freedom to explore, and when I asked where to hunt rabbits, you simply said "w". And you were right. It was West that the rabbits prospered. Sadly, and I didn't know it at the time, these would be the last words that we would exchange. I always wondered what had happened to you.

The far West was a resourceful, plentiful world. Another rabbit Hunter had lived there, and had even planted two berry bushes which he watered from the nearby bonds with a bowl. I stumbled upon his body and resumed the task. During my last trip to Berryheaven, I had produced a total of three backpacks for the village, a true legacy for the future.

I died West as I ventured out to seek more fur for the village, close to the berry farm. I am certain that someone must have found my backpack and my rabbits, and I am proud to have served you and the village.

You were greatly missed, and more than a few wondered where you were when I asked about your whereabouts. I am glad my small contribution helped to revive the village.

Victory.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=230361

Last edited by Hstrike (2018-06-03 05:42:05)

#7 2018-06-03 06:15:45

breezeknight

@Feldspar

no idea why you gloat
Ash died from old age, so he was able to live a successful life as a murderer to the fullest
your life on the other hand was determined by that very killer as well,
even if he didn't kill you directly you praise his doings by singing a song of his "bravery", to stand up alone against a village & murder at least 3 persons
he has even a proud place in your lineage, next to your place
he doesn't even suffer any disgrace & an actual lineage ban !

would it be that detrimental to your gameplay if there were options to prevent murder, options to protect against murder & options to cure a victim after an attack ?
what if the attacks of Ash were not always successful but some of them would misclick & he wouldn't be able to kill his prey ?
what if he needed two clicks to murder & his prey would had a chance of running away because not even injured ?
what if there was a cure after Ash would have injured someone & that person would have recovered instead of dying ?
what if one of his attacks backfired & he would be injured or even killed by it, just like that ?

#8 2018-06-03 06:35:49

YAHG

Fuck yeah..! When you can live in the wild, it doesn't matter what they do.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-06-03 10:19:23

Feldspar

Hstrike wrote:

Hi Mom!

I distinctly remembered that your first words were about murder. I distinctly remember that you named me Victory, because you had triumphed over the killer. I carried that name proudly until I finally collapsed.

As a young boy, I had the freedom to explore, and when I asked where to hunt rabbits, you simply said "w". And you were right. It was West that the rabbits prospered. Sadly, and I didn't know it at the time, these would be the last words that we would exchange. I always wondered what had happened to you.

The far West was a resourceful, plentiful world. Another rabbit Hunter had lived there, and had even planted two berry bushes which he watered from the nearby bonds with a bowl. I stumbled upon his body and resumed the task. During my last trip to Berryheaven, I had produced a total of three backpacks for the village, a true legacy for the future.

I died West as I ventured out to seek more fur for the village, close to the berry farm. I am certain that someone must have found my backpack and my rabbits, and I am proud to have served you and the village.

You were greatly missed, and more than a few wondered where you were when I asked about your whereabouts. I am glad my small contribution helped to revive the village.

Victory.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=230361

Hi Victory- glad you found the rabbits! If I'd had time to talk, I would have told you I was sending you to my secret hideout. Did you see the bow and pile of rabbit furs? They were mine- I never got to use them but I hope you did! I was very happy when you asked me about hunting as it is a job too often neglected and backpacks are the most useful things a town can have! Sorry I could not say goodbye to you and your siblings, but perhaps we will meet in another life smile

breezeknight wrote:

@Feldspar

no idea why you gloat
Ash died from old age, so he was able to live a successful life as a murderer to the fullest
your life on the other hand was determined by that very killer as well,
even if he didn't kill you directly you praise his doings by singing a song of his "bravery", to stand up alone against a village & murder at least 3 persons
he has even a proud place in your lineage, next to your place
he doesn't even suffer any disgrace & an actual lineage ban !

would it be that detrimental to your gameplay if there were options to prevent murder, options to protect against murder & options to cure a victim after an attack ?
what if the attacks of Ash were not always successful but some of them would misclick & he wouldn't be able to kill his prey ?
what if he needed two clicks to murder & his prey would had a chance of running away because not even injured ?
what if there was a cure after Ash would have injured someone & that person would have recovered instead of dying ?
what if one of his attacks backfired & he would be injured or even killed by it, just like that ?

I gloat because Ash only thought he lived a successful life-but his final boast proved useless. The town did not rust-it thrived. At the end of the day he lived a miserable lonely life with his only accomplishment being that he failed to destroy something that should have been easy to break. I ran passed him several times when getting the pies and even took the time to stop and look at his name- but he never got me.

I gloat because I came back to the town nearly 20 generations later and it was still thriving- I even became the town guard and carried the knife once more. At this point noone remembered the murderer. His work meant nothing, but mine still lived on in my surviving descendants and thriving berry farm.

But mostly I gloat because its just plain fun big_smile At the end of the day it was an entertaining story I could tell the kids when they were at the boring baby stage. I honestly quite enjoyed standing over his corpse and telling the kids how much he completely failed his mission to wipe out the town. Griefers are insecure folks in my opinion, so I hope it gets on his nerves that he failed at doing the easiest thing in the game-  there were no other weapons available when he killed the town so it really wasn't a challenge he should have failed.

Also I totally agree with you that there should be more in game ways to counteract murderers- it would make for some more interesting stories if we could cure victims or band together to throw rocks at griefers.

Board footer