One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 13:02:47

TrustyWay

Will the good time comes back one day ? I miss the good old time

I miss the time we did have like 300-500 players at the same time.
I miss browsing around and finding new villages and family.
I miss raiding little farms
I miss the time we had roads and each of them leaded us somewhere.
I miss the time when a griefer couldn't destroy an entier  village, now when we lost it something, we can't get it back, it gets wipe.
I miss the time when 1 pine wall didn't cost 5 full composts. 
I miss cities and all the crazy things going on in it.
I miss what gave the hype for game, civilizations we will never had. We are just rags and stay rags
I miss trades between villages
I miss ruling more than 2 cities
I miss feasts and rituals
I miss wars.
I miss when there were enough food to have real conversation instead of few key words.
I miss when we were king with real power, not a hobo with the crown that mean I have to work the hardest, the rest is retarded.
I miss having pants.

I miss the exciting parts that have been removed because it didn't fit to the hardcore view jason had.

Even when it was easier to make compost, it was super hard to tell people to make them. Now it is just a rush to hide food before it is too late. The civilizations are jokes, now it is mostly about surviving in your ranch with naked people, which I cannot bear it anymore.

I really used to like the game but it is everytime harder to get back in and having interactions with people.

I know the game isn't supposed to be more than 40 hours life time but you wont ever learn the entier game in 40 hours. This had so much potential when we were many. Am I just too stupid to realise why people left. Is the game is dying, I mean, taking a new shape. But a shape that isn't that much exciting as before. What we have to do now is... farming and manage the sheeps.

I dont wake up anymore thinking about what players have made new. I don't even check my family lineage now because it is so obvious they were too lazy to survive. Or they have been killed by someone as bored as me.

I just wanted to tell what I miss, what was fun and ''tirer un coup de gueule" in french. Slight modifications changed everything.

People kills because that is the least annyoing thing to do. You can not make a game with less than 40h gameplay if the learning curve is high than that. No wonder 2hol is getting popular. Except you can't kill so I wont go there xD

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-31 13:43:44)

#2 2018-05-31 22:28:44

Tane

Re: Will the good time comes back one day ? I miss the good old time

I think we all miss those.
Especially the cities for me. That was where I learned the most about the game.

#3 2018-05-31 22:46:22

kubassa
Banned

It's a shame Jason ruined the 'fun' in his own game. The 3 people he keeps listening to have crushed the game play into a shit boring game. LOL you can't even make a sign in 60 years of life but you can craft a lock for it in 15 seconds. The logic. The game has gone completely downhill since the "rags to riches" update and instead of listening to ideas from people who loved the game he listened to his crying buddies and turned the game into a tedious grind for nothing and no reward.

This game was fun when the server was full but the direction it's going it will be the few beta boys left all fagging out in discord together.

I got huge ballz.

#4 2018-05-31 22:56:36

Acozi

kubassa wrote:

It's a shame Jason ruined the 'fun' in his own game. The 3 people he keeps listening to have crushed the game play into a shit boring game. LOL you can't even make a sign in 60 years of life but you can craft a lock for it in 15 seconds. The logic. The game has gone completely downhill since the "rags to riches" update and instead of listening to ideas from people who loved the game he listened to his crying buddies and turned the game into a tedious grind for nothing and no reward.

This game was fun when the server was full but the direction it's going it will be the few beta boys left all fagging out in discord together.

Nice language, you seem fun.

#5 2018-05-31 23:12:03

karltown_veteran

I miss roleplaying. Maybe it’s because I’m a thirteen year old girl, but I like being a nurturing mom. Saying “hi bb” to all my kiddles and grandkiddles. I’d rather say “Hello my lil grape, you are madonna” than “Sorry, no food.” or “I can’t afford new players.” I miss parading around with a crown passed down by Gma. But it might have gotten boring if we could all be queens. That’s not how life is, anyway.
I do think the game is very hardcore now. It doesn’t give a great impression to new players. For me it’s a love-hate relationship. But I support Jason’s desicions for this game. Just know that he’s listening to us and taking our ideas into account. Chances are, he’s already read and thought about your post, or will in the next day or two.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#6 2018-05-31 23:22:09

karltown_veteran

Maybe for a week or two Jason could “turn the clock” in a way, keeping the updates most of us like and discarding the ones that we don’t like. We would keep him posted on our thoughts and experiences and at the end of two weeks he would look back and decide which game experiences to keep, which to change and which to discard, if any. Two weeks is long enough to get bored, so we could see if the statement that an easy game is boring holds true.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#7 2018-05-31 23:35:34

A Meme Named Luna

That would be interesting. I also agree on the initial point, I miss all of those things, especially civilization. I miss being a bandit and robbing people travelling accross roads to sustain my little camp of baby bandits. I miss shepherding sheep in a large pen. I miss stone buildings. I miss organization.

Though, if it makes you feel any better, you should ask Sammoh about the combat we're adding. It's very fun, and fair. To give a quick overview, though, we're making it possible to kill those who need to be killed while keeping innocents alive, and gladiator battles will be fantastic.

#8 2018-06-01 01:37:06

Pronghorn

A Meme Named Luna wrote:

Though, if it makes you feel any better, you should ask Sammoh about the combat we're adding. It's very fun, and fair. To give a quick overview, though, we're making it possible to kill those who need to be killed while keeping innocents alive, and gladiator battles will be fantastic.

Medicine too right?

Please be kind.

#9 2018-06-01 02:10:01

Alleria

kubassa wrote:

You can build a house AND a sign in 60 minutes. Stop trying to project when we all know who the real beta is, especially considering the multiple times I've made you my bitch in-game. Stop whining and get on your knees.

Who are the 3 people who Jason listens to, because it's definitely nobody in the Discord.

The new update is buffing clothing and backpacks, and increased the importance of sheep. We'll be much more likely to wear clothing once patch goes live, and more incentive for the carrot plebs (non-contributors) to get a real job and progress civilisation. I don't know how corn farming will affect the gameplay, but it'll be interesting.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-06-01 02:14:22)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#10 2018-06-01 02:36:25

YAHG

Wait what corn?!?!?!?!

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#11 2018-06-01 02:38:16

A Meme Named Luna

Pronghorn wrote:
A Meme Named Luna wrote:

Medicine too right?

Indeed!

Board footer