One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#151 2018-05-28 14:43:42

Crow

Re: Missed Connections

To my mother Gemma Otting and my son Robert.

With the time I had left after Robert starved going to get iron for our graves I took his place, made a hammer and shovel and buried you both with gravestones.

Maybe one day we'll find it again.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=160095

#152 2018-05-28 23:46:48

JonySky
Website

I do not know if you will see this Chole Kluba, but I thank you for taking care of me when I was a baby
I tried to do everything possible to keep the town alive and with future prospects.
When you died, I buried you in the cemetery and put a gravestone with a rose for you
I was taking care of my children but all my time was spent caring for the cemetery
I hope to find you in another life again !!
I am your daughter Mi Kluba

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=166371

edited: I am happy to know that my daughter Africa Kluba has continued to live taking care of the town and raising her children! I was very happy to know that I have also had many years like me !! unbelievable experience

Last edited by JonySky (2018-05-29 07:15:34)

#153 2018-05-30 00:47:08

Portager

To Cole, it was fun running away from our clueless mother with you. I wish I could have taught her some basics, but she was keeping too many babies and risking our own livelihood.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=178845

I hope you found the Iron that I was carrying back to the forge when a snake lurched out at me. Thank you  for getting camp setup while I tended to the children, we had a fun game.

#154 2018-05-30 02:37:04

Pronghorn

To Eve Turnipseed

Mama?

Mama are you there?
I'm your nameless boy. Uh I went to go get a bite to eat and then you were gone so...
Then I was waiting for you to come back. Um, I made a book bag and was hoping to show you. Maybe
you'd be proud of me. I stitched "Turnipseed" on it. Hmm... I'll just try to find home... I miss you.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=180006

Please be kind.

#155 2018-05-30 05:52:50

SimonK.Icyy

To the man months ago who i called brother. We had a good run. We lived in a huge civilization and we made many carrots and many articles of clothing. We did everything together since the rest of our civilization died. One of us suggested that we go try to find a woman, but I said I could not come as I was too old. You waited with me by the fire, talking about what a great time it was to be brothers doing all the work around the town and setting it up for the next people to come across it while i counted down the minutes until my death. You got your cart filled with food and everything you would need for the long journey while we reminisced about our time in the village. I hope you found a woman to carry on our legacy. I will never forget the amazing time we had way back then.

#156 2018-05-30 06:11:37

SimonK.Icyy

To my biological big brother months ago, I was your little sister. Our mother had a cart and many clothes. We were running north, trying to find some place to call home. On the way, mom died. We took the cart and continued onward, eventually coming across a nice little place with trees and milkweed growing around. We started to build up a farm, you being the soil gatherer while i collected carrot seeds. Eventually the soil stopped coming. I kept bringing seeds hoping that maybe you just had to stop for some food. A couple of years pass and there is still no sign of you. The worst thoughts started to go through my head, but I told myself that surely you would return soon. I went out to the patch where you collected soil at to try and find you only to find your clothes and a skeleton lying on the ground. I walked back to camp unsure of what to do. I lost the only other person I had in this world. I got the carrot farm up and running and eventually had a kid. I think it was a boy. I built a fire and kept a steady supply of carrots coming to him, making sure he was fully fed and well. He called me the best mom ever. Soon enough, he becomes old enough to work. I tell him to stay by the fire and let me work until he has enough hunger to comfortably work. We're talking by the fire when suddenly he stops talking. He just stands there unresponsive. I ask him if everything is ok. Then in front of my eyes, he dies. The last and only child I had. I was too old to have more kids so i felt defeated. I lied the bones of my brother and child next to the carrot field toward the end of my life. I set the cart that my mother had next to them instead of her bones as they were far back from where we originally came. I stood next to the graveyard and ate carrots until I finally died from old age. To my brother, I'm sorry you died and didnt get to see your nephew. He was a great boy and I'm sure he would have been a great worker as well. To my child, I believe you lost connection, and I'm terribly sorry that happened to you. Thank you for calling me the best mom ever, that motivated me in my final days. I'll miss you guys.

#157 2018-05-30 14:15:40

Tenshio
Website

A few days ago I played and was born to an Eve
I forgot that I was named or not but she raised me while working on a small place she started

It's really a strategic place full with resources and near to all biomes, she even starts forging etc
Meanwhile I'm tasked with farming

She got old and after a few years passed by in the game she asked if I got any baby yet, but no sign of birthing at all

We waited a bit since we're really hoping to have a kid,  there's only me and her

The place got a bit too big for two already, it probably can sustain 5 or more people
But again, no kids at all, idk if no one plays at all or smth because all of my lifetime I didn't even give birth to any kids hahaha

It's really as she said when u don't want kids there will be lots of them but when we're waiting for one there's none

I got a bit old mom so I didn't dare to stray away from home, I took care of the farm and prepare things so maybe someone will stumble and can start something with what we left (I left tons of carrots)

And I decided to die beside your body, you're awesome I hope we will be able to play again later!

#158 2018-05-30 14:22:07

Tenshio
Website

A few days ago I played and was born to an Eve
I forgot that I was named or not but she raised me while working on a small place she started

It's really a strategic place full with resources and near to all biomes, she even starts forging etc
Meanwhile I'm tasked with farming

She got old and after a few years passed by in the game she asked if I got any baby yet, but no sign of birthing at all

We waited a bit since we're really hoping to have a kid,  there's only me and her

The place got a bit too big for two already, it probably can sustain 5 or more people
But again, no kids at all, idk if no one plays at all or smth because all of my lifetime I didn't even give birth to any kids hahaha

It's really as she said when u don't want kids there will be lots of them but when we're waiting for one there's none

I got a bit old mom so I didn't dare to stray away from home, I took care of the farm and prepare things so maybe someone will stumble and can start something with what we left (I left tons of carrots)

And I decided to die beside your body, you're awesome I hope we will be able to play again later!

#159 2018-05-30 19:37:02

Lotus

My sister

I was born to a mother who absolutely didn’t want me. I was fed up of being abandoned so I followed her around and cried. My sister took pity on me and fed me some carrots. My mother was angered and said things like “Don’t feed it, it doesn’t deserve life, we have too many.” My sister agreed and apologized to me. My mother walked away, and instantly she told me “Don’t worry” and fed me. We decided to keep this a secret, and I hid behind a tree while she dropped off carrots beside it. My mother had another child and scooped it lovingly in her arms “Hi baby!” She said. She gave him a name and a tour. I was heartbroken. They didn’t have “too many.” They just didn’t want me. My oldest sister and my mother continued having children and keeping them, leading to a food famine. I grew angry and ran into the nearby desert, my sister close behind me. As we plucked fruits off cacti, she begged me “Please don’t take revenge. Just live and enjoy your life.”

My stony heart and anger malted away. My sister was an angel in this hell of a reality. I agreed and told her I loved her, and she ran off into the town.

When I returned to town, their food source was reliable again and the place was littered with the bones of my kin. Not because they finally chose to let some of their children go, but because a snake had come through and destroyed the place. I did my best to help out and follow the advice of my sister, ignoring the insults my mother directed at me. I began picking up the bones when I saw a familiar name... my sister. I was filled with grief and cried over her grave. My oldest sister told me the snake had gotten her and I laid her bones in a beautiful grotto. I wept and laid alongside her as I allowed myself to starve.

Sister - although I can’t remember you for your name, I will always remember you for your kindness and advice. Thank you for sticking up for me when our mother was clogged with hate. Thank you for agreeing that their behavior towards me was “unfair” and unethical. Thank you for feeling love and allowing me to experience a short but beautiful life.

Last edited by Lotus (2018-05-30 19:39:50)

#160 2018-05-30 19:48:23

lostlandofcarrots

To my beloved family, the Marys:

Shlomy (or Shlyn, as I named you), my daughter, you were amazing. You helped so much with the farm, with collecting resources, with everything. We were in a good place to set up camp, but there was little food. Without your help, we would never have been able to make it.

Niaomi, my granddaughter, seeing you die right before reaching the farm during a water run broke my heart. You were a bright child, and your life was cut short way too soon.

To all my other children and grandchildren: thank you. I'm so sorry I never got to bring you iron, as I promised, and see you one last time. The snake was waiting right behind that tree, and got me right before I reached camp.

-Your loving mother and grandmother, Belle Mary.

Last edited by lostlandofcarrots (2018-05-31 02:02:23)

#161 2018-05-31 07:26:29

Dahaka

I was Allora. I was born into the biggest town I've seen.  Hundreds of graves of ancestors, ancient walls. Many kilns, pies everywhere.

My mother, Penny, told me she'd raise me to toddler age and then she was going to leave. She said our family was crazy, the town was dying and she didn't believe that they could save it.
I spent my early years rebuilding a carrot farm that had been in disarray. The rest of my life was just raising child after child.

I had something like 8 children, maybe more. One I named "Bear" after the bearskin rug we had in the middle of town. Another I tried to name "Fury", but it changed it to "Furqan". I gave them all the same tour.

Show them the food, sprawling old town, and the miles of gravestones: "Your Ancestors." At the end I'd tell them the story of my mother, who left me there.  I said "She didn't believe in this town, but I do. You can make a difference."

Furiqan was still a baby when I told her this, but she replied 2 letters at a time... " IB EL IE VE".  I let Fury name one of the little ones. She chose "Cake".

Years later Furqan would return to me and introduce each of her babies to her grandma.

Years of overpopulation eventually began to take a toll on the city and I was no longer able to feed the young. Furiqan was starving and unable to feed her children too. I told her, "I'm sorry. My mom was right. This town is dying."

Then we both died.

Thank you for believing.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=195516

Last edited by Dahaka (2018-05-31 07:32:23)

#162 2018-05-31 17:07:25

Go! Bwah!

Dahaka wrote:

I told her, "I'm sorry. My mom was right. This town is dying."

I was Penny, and I don't know how I feel about this.

The town was a giant mess and I was too busy popping out babies to clean it up, but deep inside I was hoping that it could be saved, so I hung around and tried to raise all my kids to toddlers in the hopes that some would survive and revive.

I was amazed and excited to later see you grown with a (first?) daughter of your own.  I was not a great mother, after all.  But you were a great daughter.

Your Aunt Lily (who mostly raised me, and had real hope for the town) ended up the matriarch of another fourteen generations.  So I was wrong after all.

I'm sorry I wasn't more like Lily to you.

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#163 2018-05-31 18:32:19

Dahaka

You got a raw deal in that story. Part of the reason I made sure to spend extra time with all the kids was because you decided to do that with me. I appreciated you showing me the town, and getting me to toddler age before leaving.

#164 2018-05-31 18:40:51

Go! Bwah!

*hugs*

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#165 2018-05-31 21:59:51

Amber

to the River Family.

My mother did not give me a name, I was the nameless man with boots.  During my life we endured 3 famines, everyone kept eating the carrots.  At some point the children were so hungry that they ate all the domestic berry.  I left town with a cart to find seed.  After many years of wandering, i found plenty of seed and the most amazing rose bush.  I picked a seed to bring back to my family.  I planted it in the struggling carrot farm to give the family hope.  At some point everyone disappeared, we were looking for a shovel and placing roses on the graves.  Our last female died and after my death a young boy remained.  I asked him to bury me in a bed of roses.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=202214

#166 2018-06-02 04:51:57

mulgara

I always seem to end up in these only-two-brothers-left type of situations. Anyway, this time it was Amos and Lukas Star. We developed the settlement out from basically nothing. We ended up with a 4 x 3 berry plot, lots of milkweed, and a healthy amount of corn. After Amos passed suddenly, I decided to honor him with a marked grave. It took me ages to make the B and I was JUST about done making the mallet when I died.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=219673

#167 2018-06-02 06:21:59

kcmcc2

I was born in an up and coming civilization with lots of farming. We were in a warm place in the intersection of a few biomes.

I am grateful to my mother Rachell for naming me. I was inspired by my aunts, Angel and Wendy. Angel, I named one of my most hardworking children after you. Wendy, you taught me how to farm. I carried on the tradition and passed on the loincloth after death.

I tried to raise all of my children well. I lost three--Will, Wateen (Water), and my nameless son who lived to his 20's. My nameless son did so well. He was very affected by his uncle Mondell's death. My biggest regret was not naming you, son. I would have called you Michael.

My three living children (at the time of my death at the age of 60), Ben, Angel (Jr.) and Potter (Pouch), made me so proud. Ben was later killed by a wolf, no doubt while on an expedition. Angel was an accomplished farmer and mother. Potter was with me until the very end. He was very funny, and always willing to help out.

Thank you for such a good run. I did not know much about playing the game, but I learned a lot from all of my fellow family.

Love,
Danica

Last edited by kcmcc2 (2018-06-02 06:31:51)

#168 2018-06-02 11:03:55

Feldspar

kcmcc2 wrote:

I was born in an up and coming civilization with lots of farming. We were in a warm place in the intersection of a few biomes.

I am grateful to my mother Rachell for naming me. I was inspired by my aunts, Angel and Wendy. Angel, I named one of my most hardworking children after you. Wendy, you taught me how to farm. I carried on the tradition and passed on the loincloth after death.

I tried to raise all of my children well. I lost three--Will, Wateen (Water), and my nameless son who lived to his 20's. My nameless son did so well. He was very affected by his uncle Mondell's death. My biggest regret was not naming you, son. I would have called you Michael.

My three living children (at the time of my death at the age of 60), Ben, Angel (Jr.) and Potter (Pouch), made me so proud. Ben was later killed by a wolf, no doubt while on an expedition. Angel was an accomplished farmer and mother. Potter was with me until the very end. He was very funny, and always willing to help out.

Thank you for such a good run. I did not know much about playing the game, but I learned a lot from all of my fellow family.

Love,
Danica

Hi Danica, its Aunty Wendy here; so happy you carried on the family corn business- you were a great apprentice and like the daughter I never had smile Glad to hear the family loincloth got passed down as well. It was originally Angels, so was an important part of the family inheritance!

Unfortunately only one of my boys lived to a ripe old age- Mondell (Monday) you were a great worker and it seems you picked an excellent way to go-shrooms are always fun! Tuesday I know you were new and hoped I was able to teach you a little in your short life- I wish I couldn't been around to help out more! Wednesday and Unamed- I was so busy with the corn by the time you both came along I really didnt get to spend any time with either of you- sorry about that!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=220295

just here putting off doing my assignments

#169 2018-06-03 03:57:09

Feldspar

To my family in Berryhaven (or Berryheaven? I may have renamed it lol)

Mum and Uncle Mike- I survived the murders and continued on the town. I hope I made you proud- the berry bushes were still growing well when I died.

To my children- there was so many of you I'm not gonna list you all by name, but you were all great fun! I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye or finishing my corn farming lesson, unfortunately I lagged out and couldn't eat sad I didn't get to pass on my knife but it seems there were no murders after me so I guess someone responsible found it. It was a great life and I'm glad I got a chance to help out some new players in a safe environment.

-Lola
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=231881

(i know I wrote about part of my story elsewhere on the forums but thought it would be nice to leave a message here as well).

just here putting off doing my assignments

#170 2018-06-03 04:42:40

Baker

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=231920
Mum was somewhat decent. She knew enough to put me on a good tile and to feed me at the right times but she didn't name herself in time, Non of us got last names.

I did most of the work, She mostly just raised kids while I made everything for her. All my family mysteriously died, My little brother tried to hunt rabbits but I found his bones halfway to rabbit spot. My mother and sisters all died beside one, My surviving sister replaced my mother as the resident baby factory.

My nephew Phineas was the most useful out of everyone, I hoped that he would finish making the steel tools after I died. My sister only had 1 daughter who died at 6 years, Soon after my sister died too and Phineas seemingly gave up.

In the end I was the last person alive, I died of old age hoping that another Eve would spawn. Why does the last girl always turn out to be a noob.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#171 2018-06-03 05:12:50

Sin

Feldspar wrote:

To my family in Berryhaven (or Berryheaven? I may have renamed it lol)

Mum and Uncle Mike- I survived the murders and continued on the town. I hope I made you proud- the berry bushes were still growing well when I died.

To my children- there was so many of you I'm not gonna list you all by name, but you were all great fun! I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye or finishing my corn farming lesson, unfortunately I lagged out and couldn't eat sad I didn't get to pass on my knife but it seems there were no murders after me so I guess someone responsible found it. It was a great life and I'm glad I got a chance to help out some new players in a safe environment.

-Lola
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=231881

(i know I wrote about part of my story elsewhere on the forums but thought it would be nice to leave a message here as well).

Hello, distant ancestor! You never knew me, but I was Dan the town guard. I spawned in your town 9 generations after you. I'm happy to report that the town is still going strong, the berry farm is massive and almost everyone that I met there was a good hard worker. I really enjoyed reading your story, I had no idea that we came so close to being destroyed! Thanks for not letting the bad guy win!

#172 2018-06-03 05:23:39

Hstrike

Baker wrote:

Mum was somewhat decent. She knew enough to put me on a good tile and to feed me at the right times but she didn't name herself in time, Non of us got last names.

I did most of the work, She mostly just raised kids while I made everything for her. All my family mysteriously died, My little brother tried to hunt rabbits but I found his bones halfway to rabbit spot. My mother and sisters all died beside one, My surviving sister replaced my mother as the resident baby factory.

My nephew Phineas was the most useful out of everyone, I hoped that he would finish making the steel tools after I died. My sister only had 1 daughter who died at 6 years, Soon after my sister died too and Phineas seemingly gave up.

In the end I was the last person alive, I died of old age hoping that another Eve would spawn. Why does the last girl always turn out to be a noob.

Hi Pius!

'm sad that I picked such a mediocre spot to give birth to you, but as soon as you left my arms as a little boy and grabbed a basket, I knew you had great things ahead. I was so happy to find out that you had started a berry farm, and that you lived a long life. Sadly, the same cannot be said of your sisters.

I spent most of my life bringing rope to the settlement so that we could continue living. The snare story is truly saddening. Overall, I can just say that I was very proud of you.

Did you keep expanding the berry farm? Or did you transition into other food sources?

Love you,

Mom.

Last edited by Hstrike (2018-06-03 05:25:18)

#173 2018-06-03 05:43:22

Baker

Hstrike wrote:
Baker wrote:

Hi Pius!

'm sad that I picked such a mediocre spot to give birth to you, but as soon as you left my arms as a little boy and grabbed a basket, I knew you had great things ahead. I was so happy to find out that you had started a berry farm, and that you lived a long life. Sadly, the same cannot be said of your sisters.

I spent most of my life bringing rope to the settlement so that we could continue living. The snare story is truly saddening. Overall, I can just say that I was very proud of you.

Did you keep expanding the berry farm? Or did you transition into other food sources?

Love you,

Mom.

I mean the plan was to extend it as the population grew, Someone did try to grow corn but they didn't get far. They had the audacity to suggest growing carrots but I told them it was a bad idea, I said that corn was acceptable but it never really got the chance to get going.
Imo Berries are the way to go atm since they don't continuously use up the soil and they keep producing food as long as you water them.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#174 2018-06-03 06:23:54

Valfreya

kcmcc2 wrote:

Love,
Danica

Hi Danica,

This is mom. I'm sorry for leaving you so soon. A rattler got me too young. I am happy that you were able to survive and live a full life. I am glad you learned many things and had a wonderful experience. Thank you Angel and Wendy for taking care of my daughters when I could not be there myself. I'm sure I will see you all in another life.

Sincerely,
Rachell

#175 2018-06-03 13:32:33

Ribbz

Hey Great Uncle Tobias, told you I'd see you on the other side. Our family is doing well after the two of us retrieved that lamb. I continued to hunt for the rest of my days killing off the surrounding wolves so the Mouflin could easily breed for reliable mutton. Without all the mutton I was able to bring in we were able to have a decent stock of pies and its thanks to you.

Your great nephew,

Greenlee

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=236659

Board footer