One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-28 02:40:27

TrustyWay

Unnamed people should be able to choose their family name

It frustates me that eve can choose a family name but the unnamed people of the lineage can't have their own family name. Why do all families finish without family name.

I think it could makes people more proud of their work if their can name themself. It would make more people start off their own villages next to the one their were and family stays with their own.

Just like in real life you have cousins that don't have your family name. You will have different interactions instead of the ones you have with people that always will be related to you but not knowing at which point.

#2 2018-05-28 03:24:57

Left4twenty

Re: Unnamed people should be able to choose their family name

A suggestiin ive made before is that interacting with a fully finished grave by placing a rose on it, would give a person the last name attributed to that grave.  I think it's a good idea

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#3 2018-05-28 04:00:37

Stylingirl

I think it might be a good idea to just have the last name given to you as soon as you're born. That way at least you won't be completely nameless even if you aren't given a first name.

#4 2018-05-28 05:14:34

Lum

You don't think people would break the lineage intentionally to make their own? Flee their mother, cuss at her if she tries to name them, etc? I don't think it's a good idea. Having her last name automatically is way better

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#5 2018-05-28 07:47:18

Tenshio
Website

It's a bad and good thing for someone able to name their own family name, so I'm not sure about that
But I suggest we can name the nameless child. I was a mother and when taking care of my own baby, a mother died leaving her own kid
so I kinda taking care of him, and he didn't have a name yet since his mom died.
I tried giving him name but I can't, I think there should be a way for Eve to give nameless child name, not just their own mother
since there are babies who's left by dying mom or abandoned

#6 2018-05-28 11:21:02

TrustyWay

Lum wrote:

You don't think people would break the lineage intentionally to make their own? Flee their mother, cuss at her if she tries to name them, etc? I don't think it's a good idea. Having her last name automatically is way better

That is kinda zhe purpose, it happens irl, why couldn't it happen ig ?

It is better to let unnamed people chose their family name instead of letting them shout their new named every 2 secondes.

Tenshio wrote:

It's a bad and good thing for someone able to name their own family name, so I'm not sure about that
But I suggest we can name the nameless child. I was a mother and when taking care of my own baby, a mother died leaving her own kid
so I kinda taking care of him, and he didn't have a name yet since his mom died.
I tried giving him name but I can't, I think there should be a way for Eve to give nameless child name, not just their own mother
since there are babies who's left by dying mom or abandoned

I have suggested once to be able to adopt, that is really needed

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-28 15:04:19)

#7 2018-05-28 13:32:12

Anshin

Stylingirl wrote:

I think it might be a good idea to just have the last name given to you as soon as you're born. That way at least you won't be completely nameless even if you aren't given a first name.

Agreed. Last names should be transferred automatically.
First names should be something special from the mom. If she gives you a dumb name or none at all, that's life.
The intro screen should give naming instructions though, so Eves know they have that power.

#8 2018-05-28 16:21:29

HumanMindFly

I think there should be a way for someone to give an unnamed their family name.  You should be able to craft some family ring or necklace and give it to an unnamed.  They would then get your last name, and a special first name that only adopted would have...something like how in Game of Thrones the bastards all have last name of Snow so everyone knows they were bastards.  The family ring/necklace should be somewhat annoying to craft, but not crazy hard, so that being brought into a family is a special event for all involved.

Board footer