One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-06 06:53:03

aeiowu

Objects leaving the ground then flying off screen and disappearing

I've seen this on a few sessions. Most recently it happened with a snare I had dropped after catching a rabbit. All of the sudden the snare slowly lifted off in whatever direction, and then it picked up speed until completely off screen at a super high velocity. Can only assume it's forever gone off into infinity.

I didn't report it earlier because I have no real clue how to reproduce this, although I will say it does seem to happen only when there are a good amount of objects in the surrounding area. It also happened earlier with a basket full of carrots in that same session today, similarly crowded area. That could be a red herring though.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Maybe others have seen it and can reply with more reports and we'll get to the bottom of it. I'll do the same.

#2 2018-03-06 08:12:41

DaughterOfEve

Re: Objects leaving the ground then flying off screen and disappearing

I think this is lag, another character moving objects but their sprite not registering in time. Happens to me in big villages with lots of people interacting with objects.

#3 2018-03-06 16:16:44

aeiowu

It could be! But in the case of the snare, I had just put it down and my daughter mentioned it too with a "wtf?" and nobody else was around before or after to pick it up. I have seen the lag thing happen with me when I pick something up and it takes a bit to catch up to me because I'm running too fast for it/the server, but this seems different idk.

#4 2018-03-07 23:19:48

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Was the area so crowded that there was absolutely nowhere to drop it?

If so, it is possible for it to "fly off" to find an empty space, I think.

Board footer