Aname

Re: Dying of old age is too difficult

Trick wrote:
Aname wrote:

Trick u a cumberworld

Yay!

We've learned a new word!  That can be our achievement for the day smile

thnx m8

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#27 2018-05-22 18:15:01

YAHG

Being offended is shit tier. If the pixels on your computer monitor are offending you, exercise control over them locally...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#28 2018-05-23 01:02:51

Trick

YAHG wrote:

Being offended is shit tier. If the pixels on your computer monitor are offending you, exercise control over them locally...

Ahhh, the good old "let's tell people who are pointing out bad behaviour to shutup" silencing technique.  You don't want to hear it because it points out your shameful behaviour, and that makes you feel bad/uncomfortable.  Maybe you could stop writing trash posts and people won't be inclined to tell you they are trash.

#29 2018-05-23 01:08:08

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You're in my house.... be nice to each other, please.  There's always PM if you want to continue fighting.

#30 2018-05-23 01:18:36

Lily

I occasionally let my self starve in the last few years, if things are really bad. Though it is also true, that you can probably go near a fire and live off a single berry for the last few years as well. I would say most of the time it isn't an issue, but aside from not wanting to waste food, you also can't do much work or anything either. Those last few minutes are for talking to everyone and saying goodbye, so I try to do that, but some times no one is around, or you said your goodbyes earlier and now have nothing left to do.

I say it is up to the person, either way is fine.

#31 2018-05-23 02:43:18

IronBear

Morti wrote:
Roolstar wrote:

And sometimes, consider suicide at around 55 or 56, especially when in a relatively poor colony, you're consuming much more than you're contributing after that.

This is wrong. There is no reason to suicide, if you find a warm place to stand around. One berry gives you five pips, at balanced temp that's over 100 seconds; one minute and 40 seconds. At 55 you have the 4 base bars plus 5 others. You eat one berry, carrot or piece of pie at that age and those 9 pips will last you 3 mins (9x20=180, 180/60=3) then you eat one more berry at 59 or 58 when you are down to one pip and you have 5 or 6 left, which is more than enough to get you through the next 120 or 60 seconds.

If you think your family is so desperate for food that you have to prematurely die on them than you are probably not paying attention to your temp meter often enough and are probably the reason for that. You're probably standing in deserts in fur, or standing on a cold tile after you've given all your clothes away.

It's no wonder so many of your towns struggle with food, when you and the people your bad habits spread to, are in them.

You uderstand. Being old is like being a baby.  Find perfect temp and wait it out.

Last edited by IronBear (2018-05-23 02:43:50)

#32 2018-05-23 02:54:45

YAHG

You gotta give someone your email to pm them lol. Sounds like a bad plan...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#33 2021-04-14 16:06:29

Quoteifugly

Shaun wrote:

I've died of hunger at 58 or 59 so many times, the chime stops playing and your hunger seems to drain even faster than usual. Really frustrating when you're surrounded with food and you die before you can put any of it in your mouth

just yum and you wont have to eat when your old + if you make it to 59 why cant you live to 60??? its one mineute away

Jesus called me and asked me about my car's extended warranty

#34 2021-04-14 22:55:39

sigmen4020

jasonrohrer wrote:

You're in my house.... be nice to each other, please.  There's always PM if you want to continue fighting.

Will you fight me over PM? Pretty please!

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#35 2021-04-19 18:43:55

Morti

IronBear wrote:
Morti wrote:
Roolstar wrote:

And sometimes, consider suicide at around 55 or 56, especially when in a relatively poor colony, you're consuming much more than you're contributing after that.

This is wrong. There is no reason to suicide, if you find a warm place to stand around. One berry gives you five pips, at balanced temp that's over 100 seconds; one minute and 40 seconds. At 55 you have the 4 base bars plus 5 others. You eat one berry, carrot or piece of pie at that age and those 9 pips will last you 3 mins (9x20=180, 180/60=3) then you eat one more berry at 59 or 58 when you are down to one pip and you have 5 or 6 left, which is more than enough to get you through the next 120 or 60 seconds.

If you think your family is so desperate for food that you have to prematurely die on them than you are probably not paying attention to your temp meter often enough and are probably the reason for that. You're probably standing in deserts in fur, or standing on a cold tile after you've given all your clothes away.

It's no wonder so many of your towns struggle with food, when you and the people your bad habits spread to, are in them.

You uderstand. Being old is like being a baby.  Find perfect temp and wait it out.

When the bit flips.

Board footer