One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-07 12:39:28

yvanhooe

[Suggestion] Blood stains

Killing someone with a knife would put blood stains on both the murderer and the murdered's clothes.
Killing someone with a bow would put blood stains on the victim's clothes. Taking back the arrow would put blood stains on the person pulling the arrow out.

Maybe have some item that requires some manufacturing to clean these out. Or not.

I expect most clothes to be stained pretty quickly. Yet, it would put a price on murder and give a good cause to shoot someone wielding a weapon without warnings.

Blood stains could dry out after a bit so that there is a difference between a fresh murder and a cloth with "history".

#2 2018-03-07 12:49:02

Doctor Flintrock

Re: [Suggestion] Blood stains

I thought about something like this (blood on the floor). But maybe at the moment the game is just lacking all sorts of options about dealing with violence and trolls.

The thing about murdering someone, is that you don't want to get caught. So murdering a player and being unable to conceal yourself afterwards because of something giving you away is kind of weird.

Maybe have it so that people who want to kill other villagers have to work for it. For example, a knife (which is difficult to make) with blood stains that needs to be wiped down makes sense. As for bow and arrows, maybe requiring two arrows to kill someone (and maybe only one arrow to injure them based on a random hit percentage, until they succumb and die [from one arrow shot]).

Requiring two shots (the murderer would need to have a backpack of arrows), or requiring one shot (the villager would have time to warn someone if they're nearby), seem like okay solutions. But who knows!

#3 2018-03-07 13:06:21

yvanhooe

You could still get away with it: shoot an arrow and don't go take it. Or change clothes, or go naked, or undress before the murder.

The goal is to not prevent murder, it is too make mass-murder denial a bit less convenient, like in real life. Here you can kill someone in 2 seconds, and deny it while someone is just 10 m away. "Meh I don't know, they quit I guess."

I think the game can work with easy murder. We need to organize around it. There is a problem however in murder denial.

#4 2018-03-07 20:43:53

Phate

Although it would be nice to know who killed someone, adding blood will just bring more trolls.

Board footer