One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-20 07:37:49

HumanMindFly

Speak up if you see an unnamed child

I have done this a few times now, and its a really cool way to help someone out.

No one likes being nameless.  Every time I have spoken up and successfully made sure a kid got a name, it has been a great experience.  We ended up forming a special bond because of it and everyone was happy.

(Special shoutout to Midori Founds, my cousin I made sure got named earlier tonight(I was Shine Founds).  I was just a baby, but I noticed my cousin had no name.  Her mom, Mia, was nearby and Mia is a short enough name that I got her attention: "mia_nam_ur_kid" I said with my 3 character limit. It worked and a lifetime later, me and Midori ended up ruling the town by wearing the two crowns the town had.  Then we died of old age together after passing the crowns on to the next generation.)

#2 2018-05-20 08:11:31

breezeknight

Re: Speak up if you see an unnamed child

you were lucky & i am happy for you that it all played out so well for you, both cousins

lucky already because the mother had a 3 letters name wink

but also lucky because your cousin wasn't a killer
yeah, sorry for being that sour, but a killer can be spawned as any person, so you never know
the idea that murder is preventable by naming the kids is an illusion, last serial killer in a town i played in had a name
while i was so many times an unnamed boy & i don't murder nobody smile

namelessness is just another foul excuse for a pretend reason to murder

but in general it is a good idea to tell the mother to name her kids
though it can be also a pain in the butt, sorry, but all too eager players are going on my nerves sometimes wink
i care more for bare survival, for functionality of the town, for a backpack, for a milkweed farm, for all tools present to make carts, for a working compost-pies chain, for partneship & cooperation
names are important for cultural reasons, but i really couldn't care less about my name in a game, where i am dead after an hour, on top of the fact that i am playing atm in settlements only as males where usually nobody cares anyway because they are either busy themselves with their own bare survival or just trolling lol

#3 2018-05-20 08:52:27

HumanMindFly

Oh, I wasn't even thinking it would prevent murders.  I made this post more because:

1) I really hate it when I am not named. (I don't really know why, I just don't.  It feels like being a bastard I suppose)

2) When it has worked out it has been really fun, and I figured I would throw the idea out there so someone else may have some of the same fun.

Yeah, chances are the kid I spend time trying to get named will die young (or grow up to murder everyone) and nothing meaningful will arise from the effort, but, whatever that just kinda is the game.  At least a few times in a long life I will find myself around a bunch of kids and if I notice I will tend to say something.  It is, for me at least, worth the effort.  I mean if I notice it in the first place, I am probably not in a big hurry.

#4 2018-05-20 09:27:59

breezeknight

there are some suggestions regarding naming in OHOL
look up here https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … rict_sr=on

i don't want to deminish what is interesting for you to play
i think it is a very good idea & i think by doing what you suggest you are increasing the friendly peaceful atmosphere in the game, which i'll always
support smile

Board footer