One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-11 03:04:19

karltown

What the heck happened??

I was Grace Grace, Eve Grace's only living daughter. After being born as a male seven odd times in a row (???) it was my first chance all day to be a mother.
When fourteen came I was ready. We lived close to a desert, so when I went on trips I ran with my heat exactly middle. I did this all my life until at forty, with NO KIDS (not even ones that ran off) I suicided because I didn't want to waste time working on a farm no one would ever see.

I don't know what the heck is happening. Is my server empty? Is Jason prepping for an update?
I really think babies should be spread around equally like jam so that every mom gets at least one.

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#2 2018-05-11 03:12:33

MidgetMaker

Re: What the heck happened??

karltown wrote:

I was Grace Grace, Eve Grace's only living daughter. After being born as a male seven odd times in a row (???) it was my first chance all day to be a mother.
When fourteen came I was ready. We lived close to a desert, so when I went on trips I ran with my heat exactly middle. I did this all my life until at forty, with NO KIDS (not even ones that ran off) I suicided because I didn't want to waste time working on a farm no one would ever see.

I don't know what the heck is happening. Is my server empty? Is Jason prepping for an update?
I really think babies should be spread around equally like jam so that every mom gets at least one.

had a similar thing happen to me yesterday.  i went all the way to 60 because i was in a town but i never had a kid.  other women in town were. idk

#3 2018-05-11 03:34:39

Pronghorn

Sis its me. What was my name... Edward??? I can't remember. But she said I was the second. A brother of yours. I said "hi" to you after I was born and you said "Hi Bro. About to Die"
Thankfully mom, Eve Grace, came and gave you something. Then we talked by the fire about how long I've been playing and we shared our forum names.

Sorry bro. Once I was 3 and both of us asked mom what she needed (mom told us she needed "Everything") I died somewhere in the grassland. I just couldn't find food. I took a snack but it didn't get me back home. Noob move I guess.

Anyway, nice to see you again Grace Grace.

Please be kind.

#4 2018-05-11 03:58:04

karltown

Pronghorn wrote:

Sis its me. What was my name... Edward??? I can't remember. But she said I was the second. A brother of yours. I said "hi" to you after I was born and you said "Hi Bro. About to Die"
Thankfully mom, Eve Grace, came and gave you something. Then we talked by the fire about how long I've been playing and we shared our forum names.

Sorry bro. Once I was 3 and both of us asked mom what she needed (mom told us she needed "Everything") I died somewhere in the grassland. I just couldn't find food. I took a snack but it didn't get me back home. Noob move I guess.

Anyway, nice to see you again Grace Grace.

Sorry you died. We ended up getting carrots by the time I was forty. Five plots. So at least there's that.. smile

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#5 2018-05-11 04:29:50

WomanWizard

Hey kids, it's your mom. Edward, your name was actually Greg Grace the second. I even remember bringing you guys berries as Grace was telling you she was starving. I had four kids: two Grace's and two Gregs. How come I had four kids and Grace had none? Doesn't seem fair, does it?

#6 2018-05-11 04:39:08

Pronghorn

WomanWizard wrote:

Hey kids, it's your mom. Edward, your name was actually Greg Grace the second. I even remember bringing you guys berries as Grace was telling you she was starving. I had four kids: two Grace's and two Gregs. How come I had four kids and Grace had none? Doesn't seem fair, does it?

Oops!
Sorry I forgot my name mom. lol
I was ready to work hard and live for your legacy.
Sadly I left you all too soon.
~Greg II

Please be kind.

#7 2018-05-11 04:46:34

Nopik

I just lived til 60 in a formerly-thriving town. I never gave birth, and I never saw anyone younger than me. Maybe noone plays on Friday night? or server is shutting down for update tomorrow morning? idk.

Was good life, left town stocked with cooked mutton pies, compost going, berrys watered, and carrots dry. A bunch of other people also died old, so the town will rise again. I hope.

#8 2018-05-11 04:58:35

WomanWizard

Don't worry Greg, I know you tried.

After being Eve Grace I was born as a male into a thriving village. By the time I grew old, none of the women had kids. Seems to be a problem tonight.

#9 2018-05-11 12:32:07

Roolstar

Guys, this happens when servers are being updated.

Servers are updated in 2 batches, ODD numbered servers first, then EVEN numbered ones.

So if you're on Server 1 and an update starts rolling out, all ODD servers are off limits for new players logging in, so no more kids on those servers until they are all completely empty. During that time, new babies and eves are popping on Server 2.

Then when the update completes for ODD servers, new eves and babies start popping out on server 1 and EVEN servers are locked until empty and updated.

You can check the status of all public servers here: http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

Last edited by Roolstar (2018-05-11 12:32:44)

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#10 2018-05-11 19:52:58

WomanWizard

This is good to know. Shame I had to waste two lifetimes on it though.

Ah well. I guess I can start a new family of Grace and Greg Graces.

Board footer