One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-09 09:49:09

Mirelli

Boots family

Ironically, no one had any boots. I would have made some but we didn’t have a knife and I didn’t want to get in the way of others smithing.

I was killed by a wolf in my previous life because I didn’t realize they run like fucking Usain Bolt after you shoot them. I respawned to a new village, the Boots family. I was a boy named Kol Boots. Food situation seemed decent so I decided to finally achieve my goal of making a wolf hat.

Made a bow and arrow in the woods, brought it to camp to ask if anyone knew where the biome was, but no one knew. I think someone thought I was going to kill them because they made bows and arrows as well and someone said “I’m going to kill him”. I ran away, clubbed a seal and made my first coat. Clubbed another one, made another jacket for people in the group. I think I made three or four of those, then made two or three wolf hats.

I wanted to get one more wolf but I stumbled upon a gold vein. Asked if someone would help me since we didn’t have a cart but was ignored. I offered to make someone a crown if they helped but still nope. Ok then. I made two trips by myself to collect the gold, made the carrot crown and placed it on my head just a minute before I turned elderly.

I had a nephew, Tony, who was the only person who thanked me for the sealskin jacket and wolf hat. Obviously my fav person. He was still a young man so I told him he was the new king and gave him my crown. He thanked me again and it felt good.

Unfortunately, there were no girls left. Just men and a woman too old to have children. I guess they didn’t care enough to feed them.

Tony was nice but I felt like I wasted a lot of effort on the rest of that family. Still felt good to finally make those hats and coats tho

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#2 2018-05-09 11:04:07

Baker

Re: Boots family

Aww that's a shame, That was a nice town. I forgot my name but I lived a full life in that place. I spent most of my time hunting rabbits, Took a break to have a few kids. Had a couple daughters and some sons but most of my sons died I think. I tried to make clothing but all the family holes were gone and the village nearly collapsed. The farm had completely ran out of seeds, thankfully the people were smart enough to survive on wild food. I dedicated the rest of my later life to helping the farm, I collected lots of wild seeds and a nephew collected soil.
We got the farm back on track, I was worried that my daughters had died but they just living in the wild for a bit. They cameback once food production was back.

We extended the farm and made sure people knew what they were doing. I was happy to see that my grandchildren were hard at work making pies and working in the farm. I died at 60 knowing that the next generation would flourish.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#3 2018-05-09 16:39:53

Turnipseed

I put in a life to sixty in this town as well. I was a female asia boots mom named all of us asia. It ran like clockwork until my hair greyed. I had a key to the lockbox, and spent all my time composting and making mutton pie.

Sadly i had to kill a boy for picking berrys by the carrot patch. There were plenty of carrots, and i asked him to stop, but he just kept picking them and filling baskets. So i stabbed him.

I explained myself every time someone inquired about the corpse, most understood (seeing the berrys all over the place, and his corpse right by the grove)

If that boy is reading im sorry, but you wouldn't listen, and the town needed those berrys.

I died of old age after locking my knife, and the extra key back in the box. (Sorry couldnt find someone trustworthy to pass it on to).

It was a very nice town i left it with four composting piles and three baskets of pie. I hope its still going.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-05-10 00:04:53

Jam

Mirelli, That was me! Baker the town had everything, I was farming carrots and there was certainly enough food to sustain the next generation, just no daughters :'( I ended up being the last to survive. I think maybe the biomes had moved because the bulk of the city was super hot so all the babies were losing hunger very quickly, which may have made the difference for the daughters people did have. I can't remember exactly but I thought I had a sister at one point!

Board footer