One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-05 02:26:25

Mirelli

Bamboozled

I should have expected it because I’ve been murderered countless times for no reason but I guess I was too trusting in that life. I was born a boy this time. As soon as I was old enough to grab, I took a carrot and ran off to snare a bunch of rabbits. I made myself a backpack and pants and then set to work making packs and clothes for the rest of my growing family. I probably made three packs and some pants for them before realizing we were running low on food.

I ran off with my pack to gather some food and bring it back to last us until the carrot harvest was ready. On my way, I found a murder grave close to camp. I was instantly on high alert and looked for stashed weapons so I could keep it in my pack and out of the murderer’s hands if he chose to strike again. I ran back to camp and alerted everyone of a murder to the east. One man said he would get his bow and try to find the killer and I thought “how nice of him”. !!!!

He kept standing by the murder grave and going “hmmmmm blood stains” and I made the mistake of standing next to him with his loaded bow. Just after I asked him “who do you think did it?”, he shot me and said “you”. It obviously wasn’t me, but I guess I can’t expect other people to know that. Maybe he was the killer or maybe he really thought I did it because I was the first to alert everyone. My pack was empty. I contributed a lot to the village. I told him it wasn’t me as I died; maybe if he wasn’t the killer, he believed me and felt remorse for murdering an innocent man. And then maybe he was able to find the real killer and protect the village.

But my gut instincts lead me to believe I was heckin bamboozled. Well played...

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#2 2018-05-05 06:30:20

breezeknight

Re: Bamboozled

with your last remark, with "Well played ..." do you approve of that sort of gameplay ? do you wish for that sort of gameplay, where you cannot trust ANYBODY ?

maybe you still don't realise that because every person in OHOL is looking like everybody else, that those who killed before for fun can sneak into your gameplay as your very own daughter, who you raise with hope of support & who then can just shoot you, just like that

or do you wish for gameplay options to prevent being killed, to be able to revert the harm done to you & maybe even wish to revert the harm done to others ?
because in the current state of the game - your only options are
* Don't Trust Nobody !!!
* if you see a person with knife or bow in hand - Watch Out, it could be a killer ! remove yourself out of range
* if someone asks to follow them, it could be a killer
* if someone asks you to give him the arrow you removed from the killed person or bear or asks even for your backpack, it could be a killer preparing for his later killing spree or next target
* if someone wants to hand you a bow or a knife, step back, you could get killed by accident
* if you know for sure someone who killed, RUN !

* or you could become a killer yourself, try to kill the killer in an act of revenge or because you feel entitled to police the settllement
* or you could remove yourself from the official servers & play on a private server where the murder option is disabled

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-05 06:37:50)

#3 2018-05-05 07:24:17

Potjeh

You forgot the option of just trusting people and playing like there's no killers. Sure, it'll get you killed now and then, but death isn't really a big deal in OHOL. It just means you get to play in a different village.

#4 2018-05-05 08:32:59

KucheKlizma

"Ggwp" it's just the most basic sportsmanship. No need to get salty, it's just a game at the end of the day.

#5 2018-05-05 08:44:41

Mirelli

No, of course I don’t approve of people going around killing the few who are actually productive and working to make the civilization thrive, but I found it’s best to not let them see that it bothers you. I always laugh when people kill me. I’ve killed a bunch of people at this point but for good reason. Things like people wasting pies by feeding everyone including babies, picking all the carrots, serial killers, etc.

I think I was just too trusting in that game because I spent previous lives on high alert the whole time I played and it was just exhausting and boring. I wish there was a better system like it takes a couple of arrows to fully kill someone or you could hover over a fresh murder grave to see who killed who, but for now, we don’t have those options.

I’m gonna keep playing obviously because it’s still fun and I do get a kick out of hunting griefers. It’s just unfortunate when the wrong people are killed because of misunderstandings which is why I made this post.

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#6 2018-05-05 14:20:29

breezeknight

@Mirelli
well, if you find it legit to kill others yourself, then you shouldn't complain about others killing you
every killer has surely a good explanation for killing & a good reason to do so

& that's why i don't trust nobody anymore in this game
doesn't mean that i don't meet very nice & helpful people & doesn't mean that i am not helpful nevertheless
i just don't expect anybody to be not a killer, because anybody can & OHOL has no options in place for me to prevent being murdered, so i must take precautions myself

@Potjeh
to ignore killers will just make them more agressively kill, this is already happening
a game where defenseless people can be killed just calls for literally everybody trying a hand in killing - it's so easy & so without consequences
& many of those who neither want to be killed nor kill have just deflected to the private servers, those players have asked murder to be removed from the game & since the helplessness remains so they just fled where they are safe
i am probably one of the few last players playing on the official servers who don't kill & i am probably the only one who doesn't get killed anymore tongue

sure, i can play another life in another life constellation - but what if i wanted to play where i was killed or the person i wanted to play with was killed ?
the killer took my opportunity from me, WHY should a killer have the say ? why should i get complacent with being shushed around ? where is the gain for me to give space to violence ? did it EVER worked anywhere ? as far i know, this is just an invitation for more of the same, more violence, lol

& about playing as there was no killers
i still am playing that way as male baby, so i have plenty of opportunity to observe how rampant killing actually is - & it is rampant, nearly in every scenario, at least 80% there is at least one murdered person & serious attempts to kill & the reasons why a person is being killed gets more & more ridiculous, just because it is easy to kill & because it has no consequences

@KucheKlizma
you mean it's that game that YOU like to play & you are just ignorant enough to tell me that i should atone, right ? wink

would i have known before i started playing & before i paid, that a game which claims to be about parenting & civilization is actually being compromized by easy murder on defenseless people, i surely wouldn't have even bothered
nowhere on the front page or in the trailer video is visible the warning that anybody can be easily killed because violent players rule & that nobody should make a big deal out of this because "it's just a game"
there is nowhere a warning that OHOL is "that" sort of game

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-05 14:22:41)

#7 2018-05-05 15:11:15

Lily

If I see someone with a bow or knife in hand, I always step back and put some space between us, even if I mostly trust them. To some degree you have to trust people some what, otherwise it is difficult to do stuff. Ideally, you want to get to know everyone around.

If they are working hard they are probably not a killer.

#8 2018-05-05 19:48:54

YAHG

I think once a town gets beyond starving to death constantly the
murders seem to start. I don't know why but I think a good amount
of murders are for gear.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer