a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 09:06:44

breezeknight

let me tell you a small, quiet & sad story

yesterday i was born into a smaller town as a baby boy
as maybe some of you know, i am playing for now only baby boys & sometimes Eves
not every mother accepts kids & not every mother accepts baby boys

this time around the mother, a very young one, 17 maybe, was happy to see me, she greeted me very friendly
& i answered with my T Y
she named me Pie
i found this funny
she then told me that she wanted to make pies, so i understood why she named me that way
i was happy to be helpful to what she wanted to do, so i agreed with my Y
everything seemed bright

a young caring mother with a clear future ahead, helpful to the town, a son as a helping hand

but then - a murderer came along & killed my mother - just like that - friendly as she was, she just asked : WHY ? in her last red letters

such a good life we could have had together, all shattered in just one moment with no help, no cure, no way to revert it
such an opportunity wasted in just one tiny moment

this is why i don't play family anymore beginning with me
i don't care for any baby when i am an Eve, 100%
i suicide as baby girl, 100%
i don't even feed babies anymore if i am around a baby screaming F with nobody else to turn to, 100%
every baby born to me will be dead
every lineage will be broken with me as baby girl

i don't care for punishment of the killers
my opportunity of a happy fulfilling life with a caring mother is gone - forever
no revenge will ever get it back for me
no hatred, no cursing, nothing will ever get it back for me, nothing will get it back for my mother

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-03 09:11:36)

#2 2018-05-03 11:40:36

Dishehs

Re: let me tell you a small, quiet & sad story

Haha, Were you the idiot town that rung the bell tower. I born to a in a city in decline. I found the location via the bell tower. I got my knife and went to the town via horse.

I arrived at the town, hitched the horse on a fence. I immediately cut down the first women i saw, then an old guy tried to kill me with a bow, He died also. Unfortunately, A young boy managed to best me in knife to knife combat. If it was you, GG for beating me ih combat but i still killed your only women.

#3 2018-05-03 12:06:38

breezeknight

to make it short

I DO NOT KILL IN OHOL

so NO
i was not that guy that killed you
i went away after my mother was killed
there was no point to proceed after my only reason to be there was destroyed

& i really am asking myself

are you as detached from your humanity that the reason to respond here is to laugh & rejoyce in what you see as a great gameplay ?

OHOL is not the game to kill people not able to protect themselves
at least it ought not to be that way
if OHOL will remain that sort of a game for the next couple of updates i will stop playing it

there are plenty of games i could be playing where killing each other is the main if not even the only opportunity at gameplay
so if i wanted to, then i would be playing those games

i am playing OHOL to play civilization & parenting
so far OHOL is not about that

#4 2018-05-03 12:09:00

Lum

Hush Dishehs.

This is pretty sad, and I feel for you, my dreams have been taken away from me too at times. I really hope you can get through that fear and depression of losing your family. You don't have to keep living alone just to shield yourself from your emotions.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#5 2018-05-03 12:15:48

TrustyWay

Go play 2hol if you want the murderers disable. Knifes are so thrilling, just now I had a knife and protected the village against a blond lady that tried to kill us.

If you dont defend, beh that's your choice to weak but dont ask jason to nerf that.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-03 12:16:18)

#6 2018-05-03 12:25:50

Baker

Your rage over a simple video game is what makes worth it for them. Maybe it's YOU that should man up and get over it.

Last edited by Baker (2018-05-03 12:44:31)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#7 2018-05-03 12:29:01

Drakulon

Thats why we need healing, special items/herbs that can be used to heal another person, after that person get injured.
You can only heal other people, not yourself.
Imagine you could have saved your mothers life

Last edited by Drakulon (2018-05-03 12:31:53)

#8 2018-05-03 12:49:50

Baker

Yeah, It does suck when to see someone bleeding to death and nothing can be done.  Would be good for an innocent villager, not so much for that lone killer.

It was a bit harsh for me to say "Man up and get over it", I know it sucks when you get murdered in the middle of a good life. I guess what I meant to say was don't give them the satisfaction during your final moments or in a forum post. People that say "Lol" or "XD" when shot doesn't give the griefer any fuel.

But I still feel like an ass and i'm sorry.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#9 2018-05-03 12:53:40

breezeknight

well, Jason has to know what sort of players he wants to have on board when the game proceeds with updates

i play RTS, so pretty much i know how to kill, but OHOL was not announced as a game about killing & killing killers & killing griefers
would that have been the case i surely wouldn't have paid for it nor wasted my RL time with it in the first place
i am sticking around just waiting for reasonable updates & NO, deflecting to a private server is not the solution,
when i go here away, then to play other games & not to waste my time here where i am not being welcomed as a constructive player

i am not against the murder option in a game but i am against the lack of protection a potential victim has
& i am also against the only option that to do something with the created helplessness is to become murderer myself & use the game to create a life as a self entitled righteous killer
no, thank you

#10 2018-05-03 13:02:12

TrustyWay

All you need is reflex, if the village has a oiled steet file, you will often see people with weapons. You may be happy that killing is nerfm but i find it say. Murderers are the easier kind of griefer to you can manage.

If everything went good, then nothung would be good.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-05-03 13:03:49)

#11 2018-05-03 13:02:53

breezeknight

Drakulon wrote:

Thats why we need healing, special items/herbs that can be used to heal another person, after that person get injured.
You can only heal other people, not yourself.
Imagine you could have saved your mothers life

i do not trust people, surely not in a MP
there are plenty of nice people playing OHOL still but there are also those i don't trust a bit, so as a rule i do not trust nobody, makes my life in OHOL bearable
i was already killed by those i wasted my time rearing them, there is nothing in place that tells me that the player i healed won't kill me next time, because of whatever whim strucks him

i want an option to protect myself, i don't want to be condemned to rely on someone elses' mercy alone, his whim or maybe just temporar lack of inaptitude

#12 2018-05-03 13:03:43

Drakulon

breezeknight wrote:

i am not against the murder option in a game but i am against the lack of protection a potential victim has
& i am also against the only option that to do something with the created helplessness is to become murderer myself & use the game to create a life as a self entitled righteous killer
no, thank you

Yes, the only way to protect yourself is to kill, the game gives you no other option.
The game forces you to be "evil"
Also letting babies starve is kinda evil, even tough it might be the right thing to do in some cases.

Last edited by Drakulon (2018-05-03 13:06:33)

#13 2018-05-03 17:24:24

Dishehs

Lum wrote:

Hush Dishehs.

This is pretty sad, and I feel for you, my dreams have been taken away from me too at times. I really hope you can get through that fear and depression of losing your family. You don't have to keep living alone just to shield yourself from your emotions.

Lol, your so funny.

Board footer