One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-06 12:59:24

Puppycat

Eating all the food trolls

It's pretty annoying when an idiot come and eat everything and we all starve cause of him. It would be amazing if you can't eat when you're full or something.

#2 2018-03-06 13:07:19

Baker

Re: Eating all the food trolls

Yeah, seems like there's a lot of trolls right now. I had some guy steal a bow and a knife and he killed like 4 people. He was going around saying "I'm a killer" If a baby ever says that you should ditch it.  Just get someone you trust with a weapon and have them guard the farms.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#3 2018-03-06 14:45:29

johnnyburninator

I agree that a mechanic for dying from overeating is important. (You died age 27 from gluttony.) Or, not being able to eat if you are too overfull.

"The world is only this way because we made it so in our ignorance." -Uncle Gus

#4 2018-03-06 14:55:56

Kinrany

Here's a suggestion:
WGt9Zro.png

This way accidentally overeating a little is fine, an adult can totally ignore it.
On the other hand, the children and the elderly will need to be more careful since their bellies are small in the first place.
And a neglectful parent can totally kill a baby by force feeding, so you can't just stuff its face with carrots and hope it'll be fine.
And berries are finally useful because they're small.

Last edited by Kinrany (2018-03-06 15:10:34)

#5 2018-03-06 16:52:42

Kinrany

But back on topic, sadly there's no cannibalism yet and eating the food trolls won't bring the food back

#6 2018-03-06 17:22:13

aeiowu

it might have unintended effects... trolls are gonna troll, so their overeating might be less noticeable if they have to moderate it. and even with throttling it, they'd still have somewhat catastrophic effects on the food stores.

#7 2018-03-06 17:24:51

asterlea

Another, slightly simpler suggestion that I thought of:

When you fill out your food bar currently is says "Full". Keep this as is, and if you're missing food but eat more calories than necessary, it still says you are Full, no penalty, and whatever benefits it currently has if any. If you eat again while "Full" though, it says "Overstuffed" and the outline of your food meter squares become red. Maybe you walk slower while overstuffed too. If you eat again while Overstuffed, you will die.

Technically you could still keep just waiting to drop to one empty food bar and then eating, but that takes more patience and it slows people down so they can't just shove everything into their mouth as quickly as they can grab it, so you will have time to react and it will likely be enough of a deterrent for trolls who just want a quick laugh.

#8 2018-03-06 17:33:53

yvanhooe

A griefer came to our camp and ate all our food, insulted us. I parted ways, found another camp, warned them and told them to have a weapon ready. We hid a bow under a known tree.

Thing is, I knew a griefer was on the server and I became wary of all the babies. I ended up trusting a farmer with the bow.

I think right now even with a good organization, the griefers are at a big advantage. Over a one hour game it is easy to gain trust and then destroy everything and kill everyone. I think Jason does not want to put a reputation system but then a mechanism needs to be put in place to prevent surprise murders. Maybe make it so that we need two wounds to die?

One of the things that is different from real life is that here, a griefer has no reason to be nice to their family. Maybe prevent people from killing their direct family?

At the very least, I think that when someone gets killed around, a big sound/alert should be triggered.

#9 2018-03-06 18:14:17

johnnyburninator

yvanhooe wrote:

At the very least, I think that when someone gets killed around, a big sound/alert should be triggered.

That's a great, simple idea that makes sense in the game world.  "wilhelmScream.wav"

"The world is only this way because we made it so in our ignorance." -Uncle Gus

Board footer