One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-01 00:15:57

Mirelli

King Larry and Queen Alice of Chinatown

I was Alice, a simple peasant woman born to a mother with no clothes. The town was the hugest I’d ever seen, and you tried your best to convince mothers to abort their children. I was able to scavenge some clothing from the corpses of my fallen ancestors before setting to work on the farm at your heed. You were a blonde, curly young man, and I was a dark skinned woman with long raven hair. You asked if I would like to be your queen and of course, how could I refuse my king? You were a bit of a tyrant, but I had my eye set on the crown. You had redeeming qualities too, though. I told you that I had been in love with you ever since that woman called you the queen and you told her you were a man. I asked you to prove it and you quickly removed your loin cloth to show me your nethers. Needless to say, I was hooked from then on. You dubbed it Chinatown because of how many people we had and how fast it kept growing.

We soon had children after our marriage. We consummated our love and immediately after, our son, Prince popped from my body. I was able to find him some clothing from random corpses but when I brought him back to you, you said that he looked too poor. There was a man with a wolf hat behind us and you ordered him to remove it and give it to our son. He complied and our son was fitted with the hat and a nice mouflon hide. I believe we had a princess that I named either Constance or June (we might have had two girls) and I think we had another son, named either Bear or Noah. There was also an instance where I removed my sealskin jacket to show you my tiddies and the woman behind me stole it, but you ordered her to return it to me and she complied. Power is sexy. I was very grateful.

There was an assasination attempt on you and you ran around the village to avoid the man with the bow and arrow while another man with a bow guarded you with his life. You were so impressed that you tried to give him your crown but he wouldn’t take it from you.

You died of old age not long before a carrot famine hit the village. I had made numerous trips to the desert to bring back as much cactus fruit as I could but there simply wasn’t enough to fill every mouth. I saw my poor daughter get eaten by a bear right in camp while trying to run for her life. I had planned to pass the crown on to her. Next in line was Prince, but I was unable to find him anywhere. When you died, I immediately scavenged your corpse to grab the crown before the people around me were able to get to it. I placed it on my head and proudly walked around the village, just a bit melancholy. I told everyone you had died and your guard ran behind me yelling “Long live the Queen!” It did not last as long as I would have liked. The famine was approaching and I knew I had to die to save food for the rest of my kin. I was getting old, hair full of gray, and I wasn’t able to make cactus fruit trips anymore. I was now a burden on our society.

I desperately ran around the camp looking for one of our children to pass the crown to before I succumbed to starvation, but I presume that all of our children had died. I found the youngest living relative of mine by the fire, a cute little brown baby girl that was my cousin to some degree. I placed the crown on her head, gave her all of my clothes, wished her good luck and told her to be a good queen. She was very grateful and thanked me many times. I’m not sure if she had a name, but I hope she was a good queen. I then promptly ran to the graveyard to die when I came face to face with another old woman waiting there. I told her that I came here to die. She said “same lol”. And that was the end of Queen Alice. It was a beautiful life.

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#2 2018-05-01 00:26:34

TrustyWay

Re: King Larry and Queen Alice of Chinatown

I love you, wife.

I made a post almost at the same time of yours how funny x) It is sad you all went through starvation, still we had really fun time

#3 2018-05-01 00:39:58

Mirelli

My king!! I just saw your post after making this one. I love you too <3 it was a really fun run. I hope we meet again in another life smile Hopefully our children will survive the next time lol

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#4 2018-05-01 09:56:07

TrustyWay

Yeah hope we meet again soon ^^ best life I had since a moment, yeah lol we will tight one so he can survive xD

#5 2018-05-01 10:10:36

Baker

Good old Chinatown, I'm surprised it survived so long with so many people. I do remember a king and queen, dunno if it was you guys or your descendants. I remember one of them told me to retire, I figured that meant they wanted me to die so they could have my stuff.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2018-05-01 11:22:46

Mirelli

It was probably our descendants. TrustyWay’s post said he made the first crown himself and when I was there, that was the only crown. Someone must have made another or it was a different Chinatown lol. Population was crazy and the farm did not look well when I died

#7 2018-05-01 12:20:22

Baker

Mirelli wrote:

It was probably our descendants. TrustyWay’s post said he made the first crown himself and when I was there, that was the only crown. Someone must have made another or it was a different Chinatown lol. Population was crazy and the farm did not look well when I died

Seems like big towns just periodically suffer from famines that kill a lot of the population. But it seems like they eventually get stuff back in order and the population replenishes, then the cycle repeats.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#8 2018-05-02 17:57:18

TrustyWay

Yeah that is the worst moment, living in a huge city that is super low on food. Bad management kills so many people.

Board footer