One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-04 21:41:23

WickeD

PROCREATING SYSTEM

While in the game the only way for a new player to join the game is either born as a baby or as a young adult mother. While the concept is interesting and all i'd like for the developer to add a feature where if there is player one that is a male and player 2 that is a female they can procreate using a bed or some way . That will enable them to maybe pick the child or implement some sort of gene system where player one losses food slower and his movement speed is slower but the mother player 2 ( or around ) also losses food slower but is way faster from player 1 and so the child gets the genes to lose less food and run faster or run slower ( by Mendle's law ) . This could be a really good way as sort of a  friend system to maybe if the two players had a child and named it as an other player ( they're friend ) the mother will have a big stomach and whenever player 3 arrives ( they're friend ) he or she will get born and they could sort of move the family in a circle if you know what i mean . This is just my suggestion and honest opinion .
P.S in love with the game but i don't have money to play , whenever i watch someone i always cringe or scream at my monitor because they are asking like how to do this and that and i'm like ITS RIGHT THERE JUST DO IT but yeah everyone is the same the first time they start to play the game so i can't blame them .

Jason keep up the good work mate ! I wonder where the future will bring this game !

#2 2018-03-04 21:48:48

Uncle Gus

Re: PROCREATING SYSTEM

Biggest problem here is that if people choose when to procreate, players have to wait for someone to do that before they can play. Who's going to do that? This game has been in development for three years, so I'm pretty sure Jason has tried a few things and this system seems to work well for the most part.

#3 2018-03-04 22:47:41

Tebe

Yeah, it's a bit heartbreaking to have to leave children to die, but it's far better to be able to respawn as soon as you want to play - It may take a few very short lifetimes before you can find a mama who is willing to raise you. It also contributes to the character of the world - You can live a decent and useful life in a small tribe. But it is a savage world out there. Most attempts to start what you hope will be a rich full life is fraught with danger and starvation.

#4 2018-03-06 18:00:39

WickeD

ah yeah i guess so .

#5 2018-03-06 18:06:29

xoomorg

There is another procreation-related discussion here:  https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=256

I like the idea of taking control of procreation more directly, rather than letting it be left to the whims of chance -- but I think we can do that within the existing game mechanics, by having females gather in a central location (and structuring society around supporting that)

Board footer