One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-30 08:57:47

Baker

Re: What gets you banned in discord? Is "Telling to kill yourself" enough?

I don't think you could get banned from the discord, Apparently, mods can't ban.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#27 2018-04-30 13:07:56

Balzabukas

Uncle Gus wrote:

Not sure what you mean when you say "quote". That there is an all original Uncle Gus statement. If you're talking about the italics, I added that for emphasis. If I was going to quote someone, I would use a quote block, like what you have at the start of your post there, where you quoted me. As far as people going off topic, two things:

1) Mods have lives, so we don't sit and watch the chat ready to pounce on people causing problems. That's why things need to be reportd to us if they are a problem.
2) I said, and I quote

Uncle Gus wrote:

repeatedly going off topic to the detriment of the running conversation

(italics added for emphasis)

We're not going to pull people up for talking about non-OHOL related stuff if there's no problem with it. Pretty much the only time we'll tell people to go to off-topic is if there are competing conversations going on, or if a conversation is getting heated and generally making the channel unpleasant to read, or if someone is trying to plug something unrelated to OHOL.

I am glad you do not even deny explicitly making that statement and I quote "constantly arguing with mods and throwing massive public tantrums about their decision" towards me - that is trying to enforce a restriction of freedom of speech on my part, after all I do is provide evidence - which you saw as Tantrum. You can can argue however you want, but that is exactly what you did.

I understand you guys have a life. You do this out of good-will, a.k.a. you do not even need to lift a finger if you do not want to, and I admit in my posts that it was my mistake that mods would go deeper into a case, after Alleria said everything was settled.

I fully agree with Baker's post above - mods have too limited power, either that or...:
1. Saying to kill yourself is not a big deal to some (mods). You guys Agreed that it is bad after I reported it, but Joriom was there, he did nothing, even laughed at griefing situation in general, thus mods do not do anything till someone complains, even though they are AWARE of the situation. Cannot stress enough we had private conversation with him, thus I feel bad even mentioning him here, to prove a point that mods do not do much even if they are seeing the situation unfolding life.
2. It is acceptable to talk about nazi war crimes and suggesting new possible victims in a general chat of OHOL - to be honest none of the mods found this disturbing, but maybe I am sensitive to war crimes and genocides in other parts of the world, because it has directly affected my parents - but well I guess it is acceptable to say.
3. It is acceptable to talk about studies, IQs, genocides etc. in general and it is pleasant to read. I am glad that mods find, for instance, how mentally ill people should be killed, pleasant or neutral to read in General chat (I am not putting any names here of mods who should be aware of this discussion going on, but if you say "no time to check that", it is not true). I could find other examples, but this perfectly makes my point - in no way possible is this topic can not fall under and I quote "conversation is getting heated and generally making the channel unpleasant to read" in general chat. To be honest, if it was me, I would like to not read what people study and if they like cats in general chat, given off-topic exists, but that is my position (blocking them would only make the situation worse, as they provide some game related information into general chat), and you already said it is fine.
4. Now this is what I find personally extremely unpleasant in the Discord chat is that all new players are called "Plebs", "infestation", etc. and used it in extremely despising way. This is arguable if it is not unpleasant to read, especially for new players. I tried defending new players in discord, but let's just say you are unpopular for doing it. I knew griefing will make those "burzua" unpleasant, so I did - it does not change the fact I am a griefer. A MUST READ FOR A NEW PLAYER a topic about how discord see you, which should get more attention, I can personally confirm nothing has changed since the post (https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1277 ).

Now so why I am still posting this - firstly I only reply to mods and Alleria after I said to Joriom that I close the case. But the reason is to get attention to the topic that discord chat is not controlled, also although I am repeating myself too much, I did not expect your statement at all, which really got me grumbling inside. Thus I point out that OHOL general topics include: Genocides, calling new players "infestations", suggesting to suicide your self in real life, studies, food,  etc., while Off-topic is empty. And due to the fact that most active players are on discord, no one would ever dare to talk about this issue, as the active players will make sure you are insulted for doing it similar to the post https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1277 .

Also I wanted to clarify what i meant with "pushing some buttons really made everything clear to me.". What I mean was that the game is an experiment, not only in it is idea, but also the scale (copies sold) and that only one person is working on it (and has stated to keep it that way).  Your statement and I quote "constantly arguing with mods and throwing massive public tantrums about their decision", after I post evidence to other mod that his assumptions are wrong ("no time" I understand), made it clear that you (thus I assume more mods) do not want the issues to be publicly discussed. Therefore, what is clear to me: without a dedicated (paid) team there is not gonna be any drastic changes to the behavior of the of the community on a social platform. Yes, mods might have too little power, but I was hopping that is the only reason, but UncleGus you proved me wrong. Because we are in the age of "free-speach" I do demise your statement a lot. I was simply expecting a lot of negative posts, but this got me to a point, where the mods suggesting such restriction is not something I can accept and thus decided to leave the game.

For the less relevant point about "Quote". Well then it is quotable, and was not said before (Italics confused me whether I missed this rule somewhere) - which I asked. I used "Quote" with the apostrophe because I was still writing in same post. Could have called it statement, for sure, it would make less confusion about this part, my stylistic mistake.

Would like to note: I said almost everything I wanted and this is the last forum post that will ever be done by me on OHOL for the foreseeable future. Note to server 1- now you can start building the private castles I am out.

Last edited by Balzabukas (2018-04-30 13:24:39)

#28 2018-04-30 13:43:59

Drakulon

Balzabukas wrote:

Would like to note: I said almost everything I wanted and this is the last forum post that will ever be done by me on OHOL for the foreseeable future. Note to server 1- now you can start building the private castles I am out.

Today Balzabukas teached us that in order to get rid of a griefer you have to insult him heavily.
I hope you realize that with all the effort you put into this, you exactly achieved the opposite of what you wanted to achieve.

#29 2018-04-30 15:08:38

OxPower

3r18y5.jpg

#30 2018-04-30 17:55:58

kubassa
Banned

Balzabukas wrote:

What gets you banned in discord? Is "Telling to kill yourself" enough?

Enough with your 'Social Justice Warrior', 'snowflake', 'Libtard' nonsense. We get it you are a compulsive cry baby. You don't like the game, you don't like discord, you can move on and stop making every second post in the forums about 'YOUR OPINION' and expect anyone to care.

Sometime its not everyone else and it is YOU that's the issue.

Just please stop complaining on every post and thread....................................

I got huge ballz.

#31 2018-04-30 18:40:45

TrustyWay

kubassa wrote:
Balzabukas wrote:

What gets you banned in discord? Is "Telling to kill yourself" enough?

Enough with your 'Social Justice Warrior', 'snowflake', 'Libtard' nonsense. We get it you are a compulsive cry baby. You don't like the game, you don't like discord, you can move on and stop making every second post in the forums about 'YOUR OPINION' and expect anyone to care.

Sometime its not everyone else and it is YOU that's the issue.

Just please stop complaining on every post and thread....................................

Dude, dont be angry, he is indeed a pathetic snowflake but be happy that you aren't mentally challenged. Are you ? Hahahah just have fun x)

#32 2018-04-30 19:43:05

Naeght

What is it about this game that attracts so many facists lol. They are nothing more than manchilds and i agree that lax moderation  is the way to go since they arent organizing death squads or anything close to that, but lets all agree his apology is meaningless since advocating genocide was a sincere act from his part.

#33 2018-05-01 00:02:05

Uncle Gus

Balzabukas wrote:
Uncle Gus wrote:

Not sure what you mean when you say "quote". That there is an all original Uncle Gus statement. If you're talking about the italics, I added that for emphasis. If I was going to quote someone, I would use a quote block, like what you have at the start of your post there, where you quoted me. As far as people going off topic, two things:

1) Mods have lives, so we don't sit and watch the chat ready to pounce on people causing problems. That's why things need to be reportd to us if they are a problem.
2) I said, and I quote

Uncle Gus wrote:

repeatedly going off topic to the detriment of the running conversation

(italics added for emphasis)

We're not going to pull people up for talking about non-OHOL related stuff if there's no problem with it. Pretty much the only time we'll tell people to go to off-topic is if there are competing conversations going on, or if a conversation is getting heated and generally making the channel unpleasant to read, or if someone is trying to plug something unrelated to OHOL.

I am glad you do not even deny explicitly making that state

LOTS OF WORDS TRIMMED TO SAVE THE DIGITAL TREES

Here's my observation of this whole God-forsaken drama (probably not the complete picture):
Balzabukas griefed a settlement.
Alleria was one of the victims.
Alleria posted a thread on the forum about the event.
Balzabukas wrote in the thread that he was the perpetrator.
Alleria told Balzabukas to kill himself IRL, no joke.
Balzabukas took offence to being told to kill himself and asked me to intervene, posting a screenshot of the conversation.
I was out at the time and could not open a high-resolution image and read the text, so I told Balzabukas to call on other mods until I could take a look.
By the time I was able to see the post, I was told that Alleria and Balzabukas has both apologised to each other.
I pointed out that telling someone to kill themselves IRL, no joke is not acceptable, but since this was acknowledged and accepted, I took this to be a resolved situation.
Balzabukas then complained that he was unhappy with the decision by the mods to not do anything further.
Balzabukas then posted this thread.
Balzabukas then emailed Jason directly to discuss the issue with him, circumventing the mods.
And then the rest of this clusterfuck of a thread happened.

I'm sick of wasting my life on this shit. I have six kids, the oldest is eleven; I break up bullshit fights like this all God damned day. I actually don't give a shit who said what to whom, I just want you all to bury the fucking hatchet and get on with your lives. I have so many more important things to be doing than writing this fucking post. PLEASE just let it die.

#34 2018-05-01 01:57:25

Verinon1

Naeght wrote:

What is it about this game that attracts so many facists lol. They are nothing more than manchilds and i agree that lax moderation  is the way to go since they arent organizing death squads or anything close to that, but lets all agree his apology is meaningless since advocating genocide was a sincere act from his part.

I know, right!? How did alt-right mouth breathers look at a game about cooperation and family and go, “Yeah, sounds like I could fit right in here!”

Board footer