One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-28 03:07:31

karltown

Look... people...

Okay, first off, I'm going to admit something.
When the decay update was first launched I was mad. Really mad. I felt like I'd been cheated out of twenty dollars. I thought that Jason had decided that since he had our money he could do whatever he liked with the game, regardless of whether players liked it.
But, to be honest, I've adjusted to the update. I still say "Darnit, this update sucks. I am so sick of this game." when a tool breaks, or when I spawn as an eve for the eightieth time. But I do it jokingly. And I joke right along with the other village members, who are working with me to do the same thing.
If a village was large, no one would care about anyone else. In a small village we need to cooperate, and work as a team. The bow is left out, but in a small village no one murders. The girls joke about the babies sucking their life out, and the men joke about how bald they're getting.
In a large village, you wouldn't feel the same compassion for your village. You wouldn't risk your life to find seeds for your people. You would stuff three pies in your pack and then sit around getting yourself the full set of wool clothes. There would be no risk, no goals.
I dunno. Sure, it's a hard game. But I still play it.
I do it for the sense of community. For the small moments, like when I told people to leave a row for the great lord Cthulhu as well as one for seed. For when I make my last name explorer and call my son dora. For when, if I can't do it any more I give my child to a penguin "babysitter" called betsy, or recite a poem to my shocked and appalled young babe.
I personally think that the coolest thing is being able to make an impact on someone else's life. Maybe it's the baby you decided to spare, maybe it's a whole village you saved from a griefer. What you do with the people around you, whether you help or don't, is your impact and it lasts for longer than stone walls or monuments.
Definitely longer than sixty minutes.

P.S.: People, Jason knows you're mad. It's not like he's ignoring you.

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#2 2018-04-28 06:36:44

YAHG

Re: Look... people...

Fuck the penguins, they resist all my efforts to slay them!

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-04-28 07:23:50

stickyflypaper

karltown wrote:

I dunno. Sure, it's a hard game. But I still play it.
I do it for the sense of community. For the small moments, like when I told people to leave a row for the great lord Cthulhu as well as one for seed. For when I make my last name explorer and call my son dora. For when, if I can't do it any more I give my child to a penguin "babysitter" called betsy, or recite a poem to my shocked and appalled young babe.
I personally think that the coolest thing is being able to make an impact on someone else's life. Maybe it's the baby you decided to spare, maybe it's a whole village you saved from a griefer. What you do with the people around you, whether you help or don't, is your impact and it lasts for longer than stone walls or monuments.
Definitely longer than sixty minutes..

Wonderfully put.

#4 2018-04-28 13:39:29

MistressZues

YAHG wrote:

Fuck the penguins, they resist all my efforts to slay them!

lol the penguins irk me to. Cant wait for the update where we can build igloos an fish in the icehole an slay penguins muahahhah. Fishing would be great. needs to be another way to make fire though like maybe flint shard+Steel= sparker, pine needles+ sparker= fire.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#5 2018-04-28 14:17:13

Christoffer
Website

+111 to original post of this thread!

#6 2018-04-28 15:44:23

akoopatroop

Eat raw seal! It's very nutritious (Inuit people didn't get scurvy even without access to plants because of seals).

Also we should be able to get water from ice holes. And +1 to ice fishing.

Board footer