One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-05 17:19:33

nouseforname

[Linux] Start/compile game

Hi folks,

i just started with this "project" and i run into problems immidiately after downloading. I tried to search the forum for more info without success, thats why i decided to post my issues.

First of all, i am running Linux Kubuntu 17.04, with a dual monitor setup. I found already there is a problem with this, but i am not able to solve it without any help from you.

I downloaded the binary first and started it. These are the (known?!) issues i had so far:
- game starts in fullscreen mode, over both monitors
- click on settings, post review, quit, temp login doesnt have any reaction
- after dieing, the OK is not possible to be clicked

Cause of this all, i downloaded the source, to be able to compile my onw version. But running into the next problems when treing to run one of the scripts:
- it can not find the SDL installation, but i think i have it installed at my system. but it seems there are two versions. i needed to install "sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev"
- after i was able to start the game, but with the same issues from the binary. Due to i changed the settings, i can not even change to window

- "flags = SDL_OPENGL | SDL_NOFRAME;" this will have no window frame at all.

Right now i am not able to really play the game. Any help is appreciated. i am also willed to help with some tests etc... The other option is, i just forget about it and request the payback.

cheers nouse

Last edited by nouseforname (2018-03-05 17:37:40)

#2 2018-03-05 21:02:13

Zeromus

Re: [Linux] Start/compile game

In the settings folder there is a fullscreen.ini file.  Change the value in that file to 0 and see if that helps.

#3 2018-03-06 00:25:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, dual monitors are problematic for this game right now.

Run it in windowed mode.  Sounds like you do not need to build from source.  The binary should work.  Just run in windowed mode.

#4 2018-03-06 04:12:05

nouseforname

Zeromus wrote:

In the settings folder there is a fullscreen.ini file.  Change the value in that file to 0 and see if that helps.

jasonrohrer wrote:

Run it in windowed mode.  Sounds like you do not need to build from source.  The binary should work.  Just run in windowed mode.

yes, both versions running well in window mode, just needed to find out how to change this setting. Somehow i wasnt able to find this file when i searched settings folder.
Anyway, in window mode it seems everything is fine to play the game...

thanks

Board footer