One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-08 02:52:50

Spoonwood

Arc Stages

Since we've had consistently leftward moving Eve spawns for a while now, and now two monuments near the start of Eve spawns, this allows us to organize stages of the arc.

1. The Walking Stage:

Players can walk in a single life to the Tarr Monument or the Original Methman Monument.

2. The Stone Road Stage: Players need a stone road to reach the monuments in a single life.

3. The horse stage: Players need a horse to reach the monuments.

4. The truck stage: Players need a vehicle as fast as a truck to reach the monuments in a single life.

5. The sportscar stage: Players need a vehicle as fast as a sportscar to reach the monuments in a single life.

Stages of the arc could get further extended by considering how long it takes to travel to the monuments on a road.  Or with something like a crude or sports car trip followed by a plane trip.

We might also think of stages of the arc in terms of how many generations it would take a family to journey to the monuments.

Another stage of the arc:

F. We're so far from the monuments, that they may as well not exist.  It is either too difficult or impossible to journey back there, even with ghost farming, or almost perfect play.

On bigserver2 families are over 560,000 tiles from the monuments.  Yikes, who perhaps has more hours than anyone else and is a very fast player, has claimed that it's impossible to get there now.  There were some calculations on discord by SoloAceMouse that after farming ghost mode, someone might drive there in 8 hours.  But, the more I think about that, such is either too demanding or uninteresting.  Bigserver2 is in the F. stage of the arc.

If we're in the F. stage of the arc, then Eve spawns should get shifted right so that we're in a more reasonable stage.  A shift of Eve spawns back to their starting position would make for a simple solution.  All the way back to the origin.  It also seems implied by Jason's pictures: https://imgur.com/vkHTmGi

Server1 Eve spawn according to logs, e. g. here: http://publicdata.onehouronelife.com/pu … nesday.txt, is over -129,791 tiles from the monuments.  If there's a new player influx due to some highly popular YouTube video, it seems likely it will become active, but then become inactive during low population hours.  I believe server1 is also in the F. stage of its arc.

I don't know about server2, because I don't know if Eve chaining works there or not, and forman made a post that it did not work on that server (though he did not file a bugreport, so I don't know if he was sure).

Due to Eve chaining, I think the other servers are not in the F. stage of their arcs, though I haven't check how far out their Eve spawns are.

Edit: Someone and their alt also might make it to the monuments.  But, using one's alt that way involves a significant amount of /die, and possibly abandoning someone else out in the woods, if not inevitably doing so.   Also, ru has expressed doubts about that as feasible.  The margin of error is small.  It's a lot of time.  It seems to fall into the "walking simulator" genre.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2024-02-08 21:50:17)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2024-02-08 02:54:59

Spoonwood

Re: Arc Stages

For anyone thinking that an Apocalypse resets Eve spawn locations back to near (0, 0), I checked logs and found that Eve spawn positions remain roughly the same after an Apocalypse.  So, even though the Apocalypse may start a new arc, it can leave a server in the F. stage.

Danish Clinch.

#3 2024-02-08 02:59:09

Spoonwood

I suggest you have a guess what 'F.' stands for in the above, and put your answer below please.  Especially if you think bigserver2 is in the F. stage.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2024-02-08 02:59:45)

Danish Clinch.

#4 2024-02-08 03:36:01

Kaden56

I was talking on a github post about how we need The Apocalypse to kill everyone. Cus what happens is the apoc leaves us alive so we tap springs. And tapping springs is what determines where eves spawn. So if the apoc killed then when we hop back on the server as new eves maybe it'll push us back to 0,0 or jason could implement it that way. The arc never truely restarts cus apoc leaves us alive.

Last edited by Kaden56 (2024-02-08 03:36:18)

#5 2024-02-08 16:50:38

ru

I'm guessing the F means Final, or Far, or Fart, who knows. I would be okay with eves spawning to the right again so that we can slowly make it back to the monument, but you should bring this up as a github suggestion.

#6 2024-02-08 17:37:13

Kaden56

F stage means "Fuck off its never gonna happen."

Board footer