One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-03 23:47:58

DumbAI

OHOL Recipe Book

Hello everyone!

This is my first post around here even though I've been lurking around anonymously for some time now...
I've been looking for some kind of One Hour One Life recipe book for quite a while now and i can't find any (not compatible with the current version of the game at least), so, I've finally broken down and decided, when you want something done "right".... So I started making one myself.

I know about onetech, but that has many issues for me:
1. It's online so you can't use it offline (believe me, I've tried downloading the whole thing but it breaks haha)
2. It's only relevant to the latest official version, so you can't see the proper recipes for older versions. I prefer sometimes playing offline (on a local server), or on other custom servers, so this won't work!

I wanted something that could just take the recipes from your game directory and display them, surely this can't be THAT hard, right?
So... After a little investigation into the game folders and the structure of the files i think i figured it out! Mostly at least...

This is kind of an alpha build and some things are not yet implemented but it shows all the game objects with their corresponding IDs, you can queue items (for a build you're trying to do), you can filter and sort them AND you can see all the Recipes and Uses for all objects.
What i want to add to it is a tech tree (similar to onetech), on the right side of the screen, and maybe some quality of life things like pictures and a better UI (when I'll figure out how or if it's even possible hmmm).

Either way, here it is, presenting to you OHOL RB v0.0.1a:
OHOL Recipe Book interface

You can try it out for yourself here: https://github.com/DumbAI96/OHOL-RB/rel … .0.1-alpha
It should work with any version (and even unofficial branches), as long as it finds the same folder structure and the files are formatted the same.

What do you guys think? Any ideas/remarks/suggestions etc?

#2 2024-02-04 00:00:26

SoloAceMouse

Re: OHOL Recipe Book

I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Looks pretty good, so far smile

#3 2024-02-04 00:16:22

DumbAI

Re: OHOL Recipe Book

SoloAceMouse wrote:

I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Looks pretty good, so far smile

Thanks! big_smile

Board footer