One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-13 22:20:07

testo

Thank you Jason Rohrer

I know I have been mostly negative about this game in the past, I just wanted to say -thank you- this time because the last weeks I have seen a solid commitment and interest from the developer side.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#2 2023-10-14 17:34:29

Léonard

Re: Thank you Jason Rohrer

There should be a word for the opposite of thanks.
In the name of Jason perhaps.

Rohrer you, Jason Rohrer.

#3 2023-10-15 00:38:18

wio

Léonard wrote:

There should be a word for the opposite of thanks.
In the name of Jason perhaps.

Rohrer you, Jason Rohrer.

Why has this game attracted so many insufferable players that hate on the developer?

#4 2023-10-15 15:24:31

CatX

Thank you, Jason. The changes may seem modest but they are very welcome.

#5 2023-10-16 13:56:16

SoloAceMouse

wio wrote:

Why has this game attracted so many insufferable players that hate on the developer?

Jason does have a very obtuse and sometimes confrontational manner when dealing with the community.
Despite his talents as a programmer, his public relations with the playerbase/fans has been antagonistic at times.

While I agree the people who bitch and moan about this game for years and years are whiny brats who should've moved on long ago, their frustration doesn't come from nowhere, either.

#6 2023-10-20 21:21:08

spad

Nice to see you back Testo, you were one of my first friends on the game and taught me a lot <3

I think Jason is much more talented on the creative and arts department. The hand drawing and sound effects are just amazing.

#7 2023-10-21 12:27:24

Léonard

wio wrote:

"Why do people who have different opinions than mine keep expressing those opinions?"

- You, the weeb.

#8 2023-10-21 12:40:01

SoloAceMouse

I'm gonna approach this in a genuine fashion in the way I address much of the negativity of this community.

I care about OHOL for personal reasons.

I found this game when things were quite bleak in my life.

In the many hundreds and thousands of lives I've played in this game, I've gained something of a catharsis.
It may seem silly to others, but I have hard times occasionally and OHOL is a great comfort to me when things are tough.
This 2D family farming simulator has been immensely therapeutic and I love OHOL.

Thank you for the game, Jason Rohrer!

#9 2023-10-28 09:19:53

HimitsuGato

SoloAceMouse wrote:

I care about OHOL for personal reasons.

I found this game when things were quite bleak in my life.

In the many hundreds and thousands of lives I've played in this game, I've gained something of a catharsis.

This game means the world to me. It's seen me through some of the most trying times of my life. But I always have a happy friendly game to come back to.

It's just gravy that it has such an talented dev working on it.

I may only have half a thousand lives under my belt, but year after year I keep coming back to this one game.

Board footer