One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-19 15:16:45

Shady
Banned

5 years again...

Yeah you know, blablabla 5 years it sounds shorter on paper but it's five years.

I am Shady, I love exploring the internet.

#2 2023-08-19 15:27:57

Shady
Banned

Re: 5 years again...

remember when you were going to make it 50 years?

#3 2023-08-19 16:20:46

Marquis

I would like to engage in a discussion with you, but I’m not sure you come to it in good faith. Would you concede that some play styles negatively affect a disproportionate amount of players? By that I mean it’s fun for some while being not fun for many.

#4 2023-08-20 12:47:25

Shady
Banned

Marquis wrote:

I would like to engage in a discussion with you, but I’m not sure you come to it in good faith. Would you concede that some play styles negatively affect a disproportionate amount of players? By that I mean it’s fun for some while being not fun for many.

I haven't played in 5 months, I'm not affecting anybody, I think keeping people in donkey town for 5 whole years is extreme. I don't care if I have to change my playstyle or not.

#5 2023-08-20 12:48:49

Shady
Banned

Marquis wrote:

I haven't played in 5 months, I'm not affecting anybody, I think keeping people in donkey town for 5 whole years is extreme. I don't care if I have to change my playstyle or not.

#6 2023-08-20 12:53:28

Shady
Banned

And I also agree with that, some playstyles like raiding, stealing and griefing do disproportionately effect people, but is it really justice to have them spend 5 years not able to play with a vast player base, because they destroyed towns that would fall long into the past and be forgotten in the mere future.

Also think of the rules that Jason had employed against griefing like bears, roads, sprinklers and other things. It would be and over effort to grief again.

Last edited by Shady (2023-08-20 12:55:41)

#7 2023-08-20 19:10:22

selalov734

Have you been in DT before Jason updated it to 5 years?
How was your experience with it? Was it more fair? How long were you in?

#8 2023-08-21 04:11:43

Shady
Banned

selalov734 wrote:

Have you been in DT before Jason updated it to 5 years?
How was your experience with it? Was it more fair? How long were you in?

before it was a barren wasteland with nobody and you were stuck there for three months. Now you can just birth other players and its a barren wasteland with nobody, for five years.

Last edited by Shady (2023-08-21 04:11:58)

#9 2023-08-21 06:50:05

Brohop

Its not  a barren waste land, u can do everything there like you can outside of DT. But you are often gonna be alone there so if you wanna stab some sheep you're most likely gonna have to get your own mouflon and make your own knife now... I doubt you even know how to do that.

#10 2023-08-21 11:30:14

selalov734

Shady so you have been in DT before? and you were there for 3 months and got out again?

#11 2023-08-22 01:50:34

Marquis

Shady wrote:

...but is it really justice to have them spend 5 years not able to play with a vast player base...

Ok, let’s first make it clear. It’s not simply 1 curse means 5 years in donkey town. It’s more of a rate. A speed at which you accumulate curses. If you build up X number of them before five years you’ll be pushed out to DT.

So really, the amount of time you’ll spend in DT is five years minus the time it took to accumulate enough curses. If it took you a year, then you’ll be there for four.

Do you have an idea how many curses you have? And when you’ve started accumulating them?

...because they destroyed towns that would fall long into the past and be forgotten in the mere future.

The fact that towns die anyways is a distraction. It’s very different for a town to fall to griefing than to fall to Mother Nature. If the wind knocks over my cup, whatever. If a person knocks it out of my hands, it’s totally different. You can see that, right?

Also think of the rules that Jason had employed against griefing like bears, roads, sprinklers and other things. It would be and over effort to grief again.

This I find hard to believe. Are you telling me that if you weren’t in DT today you’d find some peaceful way to enjoy the game?

What do people do out in DT? Do they realize everyone around them is a griefer and actually band together? Or is it anarchy? I kind of just imagine nobody likes building things, so there’s nothing to grief.

#12 2023-08-22 14:29:41

QuirkySmirkyIan

How the heck did you even get 134 curses? That is just so many that its impressive.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#13 2023-08-23 03:23:55

Shady
Banned

mingo888 wrote:
Marquis wrote:

Do you have an idea how many curses you have? And when you’ve started accumulating them?

Considering Jason changed the curse expiration period from 3 months to 5 years about 1.5 months ago, all of Shady's curses have been acquired in the last 4.5 months. His main account had 134 curses at peak (slightly lower now due to some people using "I forgive everyone"). According to Jason (Shady sent this image), this makes Shady the most cursed player in the game.

Shady, I'm not sure why you continue to complain in here when you could be using your other accounts such as 111Shady111 or Ives, both of which have less severe curse scores.

None of those are my accounts, I don't know who has been impersonating me.

#14 2023-08-23 03:25:16

Shady
Banned

Marquis wrote:
Shady wrote:

...but is it really justice to have them spend 5 years not able to play with a vast player base...

Ok, let’s first make it clear. It’s not simply 1 curse means 5 years in donkey town. It’s more of a rate. A speed at which you accumulate curses. If you build up X number of them before five years you’ll be pushed out to DT.

So really, the amount of time you’ll spend in DT is five years minus the time it took to accumulate enough curses. If it took you a year, then you’ll be there for four.

...because they destroyed towns that would fall long into the past and be forgotten in the mere future.

The fact that towns die anyways is a distraction. It’s very different for a town to fall to griefing than to fall to Mother Nature. If the wind knocks over my cup, whatever. If a person knocks it out of my hands, it’s totally different. You can see that, right?

This I find hard to believe. Are you telling me that if you weren’t in DT today you’d find some peaceful way to enjoy the game?

What do people do out in DT? Do they realize everyone around them is a griefer and actually band together? Or is it anarchy? I kind of just imagine nobody likes building things, so there’s nothing to grief.

You're not thinking about it, why would I get out of prison just to get myself in again knowing the reality.

#15 2023-08-23 03:26:29

Shady
Banned

Brohop wrote:

Its not  a barren waste land, u can do everything there like you can outside of DT. But you are often gonna be alone there so if you wanna stab some sheep you're most likely gonna have to get your own mouflon and make your own knife now... I doubt you even know how to do that.

Insulting me doesn't make you right, come back when you have something informative to say.

#16 2023-08-23 07:15:41

Brohop

To get a mouflon you have to shoot a moufloun with a baby, then u take the baby home by clicking a rope on it and waling home. The you put it in a fence amd feed the baby mashed berrie carrot. Mashed berrie carrot can be obtained by filling a bowl with berries, then addind a carrot and hitting it with a sharp stone.

#17 2023-08-24 01:10:26

Shady
Banned

Brohop wrote:

To get a mouflon you have to shoot a moufloun with a baby, then u take the baby home by clicking a rope on it and waling home. The you put it in a fence amd feed the baby mashed berrie carrot. Mashed berrie carrot can be obtained by filling a bowl with berries, then addind a carrot and hitting it with a sharp stone.

I know how to play

#18 2023-08-24 03:51:56

Shady
Banned

You know that feeling of just knowing there is no getting out of something so you might as well just have fun. Like if you're in a police chase, the thrill of pushing down on the pedal and driving, knowing it will end someday so you might as well just run for fun.

#19 2023-08-25 00:01:18

Marquis

Shady wrote:

You're not thinking about it, why would I get out of prison just to get myself in again knowing the reality.

I assumed you like griefing. So why should I think you wouldn’t do it again when you get out? Didn’t you know about DT back when it was 90 days? That didn’t stop you, right? Why should I assume 5 years would stop you?

You say to trust you that you would act differently. But I don’t know if you’ve ever played differently at all. Convince me that you like playing constructively.

#20 2023-08-25 20:41:53

Shady
Banned

Marquis wrote:
Shady wrote:

I assumed you like griefing. So why should I think you wouldn’t do it again when you get out? Didn’t you know about DT back when it was 90 days? That didn’t stop you, right? Why should I assume 5 years would stop you?

You say to trust you that you would act differently. But I don’t know if you’ve ever played differently at all. Convince me that you like playing constructively.

Because if I grief I go back for five years. I don't understand what you're getting at, if I was that dedicated to griefing I'd just buy another copy, which I am not. I don't know what those discord mfs are telling you but I haven't played in a month now

#21 2023-08-25 20:45:58

Shady
Banned

Marquis wrote:
Shady wrote:

I'm not going to come back here when I'm 18 in collage and start griefing.

#22 2023-08-26 00:07:02

Léonard

Good luck with your collage buddy XTWygMf.png

Last edited by Léonard (2023-08-26 00:07:30)

Board footer