One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-30 20:23:45

Nika50501

Suggestion: Lunar materials for skyscrapper construction

tldr: add a new biome really far north as the lunar lands and make it the only source of tungsten metal which will be used to build buildings with multiple levels

You build a rocket and fuel it with excessive amount of kerosene to teleport exactly far up north(similar to how tutorial area is setup) to the moon biome. While over there you have some chain of steps to obtain and refine moon rocks and the like to obtain tungsten. while back on 'earth' you are able to reinforce walls with tungsten allowing you to build more levels on it, but there is a catch - you need the amount of tungsten for each floor you will build on top. So for example if you're going to build a 3 level building the first floor will need 3 reinforcements, the second will need 2, and the third one will need 1 making a total of 6 reinforcements per wall. If you're going to build a 8 story building that will be 8+7+6...+1=36 reinforcements per wall. This way building small buildings will be cheap and effective whereas the large ones will exist mainly to show off.

You can't grow food on the moon or plant life in general (biome locked) and you need to wear a moonsuit to stay alive (game checks Y axis and player costume).

The moon biome will also have six different totems each of which will spawn only in 15K designated bands (not necessarily in sequence, for each band it will be a random roll so having the same one in sequence is possible). if you can collect all 6 and bring them together it will trigger apoc. totems can be broken with a pickaxe. The idea is that you have to accumulate them over lifetimes, civilizations and random chance and still somehow make sure that noone breaks them to trigger apoc.

the rest of mechanics are open ended. I'm just making this suggestion because I want to avoid turning into this game into a cookie clicker type multiplayer or discount factorio and thought that maybe this idea would be easy enough to add to the already existing code.

#2 2023-06-30 20:30:31

QuirkySmirkyIan

Re: Suggestion: Lunar materials for skyscrapper construction

Really cool idea it makes sense how that could work out but a few flaws. 1. I highly doubt Jason's engine can support multi layered buildings. 2. We already have a second attempt method for apoc which incites lots of drama in the community. 3. Would be better off creating your own server. One Hour One Moon or something.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#3 2023-06-30 20:45:56

Nika50501

Re: Suggestion: Lunar materials for skyscrapper construction

look up 2.5D games like stronghold crusaders. you slightly shift the perspective and add opacity to make it work. I assume it's doable within a week worth of coding.

Board footer