One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-30 14:12:16

forman

NOMAD GUIDE to New Towns (a few small but critical tips)

So people seem to hate Eveing and unfortunately newbies tend to have high score and therefore eve frequently

Here are some quick but very effective tips to success:

1. KEEP MOVING
This is probably the most important.
You need a bunch of rope and food and really a backpack and clothes before you settle.
When you are moving (west to new land) you can grab up milkweed and food without depleting the area around you.

1.5 Make a reed skirt
It's little warmth but you may as well (1 rope, 1 reed)

2. Make a Bow and Arrow for Mouflon Hide
This is kind of annoying because you can't carry it easily but getting a hide (and hide for your kids) is a huge advantage
Mouflon Hide is one of the BEST clothes for warmth and warmth means you need to eat less which is critically important in the beginning

3. Make a backpack (while moving)
This is a little tricky but extremely effective.
Gather: Bowdrill, Snare, Hatchet while moving
Find an area with 6 rabbits, 2 burdock, 2 milkweed, 1 flat stone, 1 sapling and flint/stones
Get your burdock and flat stone bait and start baiting the rabbits
While that is happening, gather the other stuff and start a fire
If you do 2 burdock you will also have 1 fur left for a pouch which you can use for your bellows later
Once you have a backpack you can attach a BOW AND ARROW making it easier to hunt mouflon for hide

4. Clothe your children
If you have  a backpack and a bow it is very easy to get a hide for your kids while moving
This gives them a massive advantage because they need less food (and you also have to feed them less while nursing)
If you have a needle, you can continuously grab milkweed while moving and add thread with no carry expense
This means you can keep making clothes as well (wolf hat is the best use of this for warmth)

5. Pick your spot
I don't do this until I have mouflon hide, wolf hat and backpack/bow/arrow and a basket with snare/bowdrill/hatchet
Most important is iron at least 2, better 3+
You also need access to clay, pond, soil and trees

#2 2023-06-30 14:30:10

QuirkySmirkyIan

Re: NOMAD GUIDE to New Towns (a few small but critical tips)

When I Eve I find a spot with atleast 2 iron veins, decent swamp, and soil pits nearby. Ideally the spring is in middle of grassland and swamp biomes. The expected non roleplay non griefer goals if the kids aren't noobs is generally.
1. Steel in 20-30 mins
2. Buckets towards end of Eve life
3. Rebirth and make simple fence sheep pen
(Haven't done more because my Eve fam got griefed at gen 1 and I was roleplaying and still got those done...)

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#3 2023-06-30 18:11:56

forman

QuirkySmirkyIan wrote:

The expected non roleplay non griefer goals if the kids aren't noobs is generally.

What I've been seeing mostly is the noob eves pick a spot and use up all the wild food/milkweed before they can produce food.

I've even died that way a couple times because the babies keep dropping and every bit of wild food is gone in every direction.

Now I deliberately run as far away from the well area as possible and get clothes/pack before coming back help build up.

#4 2023-06-30 18:38:00

QuirkySmirkyIan

Oh yeah I forgot how bad it is being naked gen 2.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

Board footer