One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-04 16:20:46

Wotte60

Preventing people for asking "job?"

Hello,

I see many time people don't know what to do and asking her mom what job their can do, so i had idea :

We could have quest, i was thinking first like a NPC, but people could block it with wall or what ever.

So i came with personal quest for each life you make, but quest don't sound good so we can call it like "Destiny" or something, Like its the destiny of the life.

Its could be this life you have to build 20 walls, eat this or cook this, what ever and then when you have accomplished it, you get reward.

The reward may be a title to your character like "Cooking master" or some like that, that would make people make more role playing with it, or you can even push it further and make them able to do something that other can't do, so they feel like they are unique.

I'm not saying all the details i came up with to let you imagine.

What do you think ?

Thanks you for reading !

(Sorry for my bad English ^^)

#2 2023-06-04 21:27:41

jinbaili83

Re: Preventing people for asking "job?"

Im not a fan of this solution it does not feel organic.
Another game uses similar system and while some actions are ok to score extra points others make no sense for your play through.

Harvesting crops nobody wants to eat or making random walls just to tick a check mark on a list - no thanks.

#3 2023-06-05 08:32:03

pyre

Why would you want to prevent people from asking for a job? I don't see the problem here.
Asking their mom is a good way for new (or newish) players to find a task that benefits their town.

I agree with jinbaili that chasing a destiny that doesn't make sense is a waste of resources.
In addition, we already have cravings that people can work towards if they don't know what else to do.

#4 2023-06-05 12:31:00

Wotte60

I think you guys misunderstood what i said.

I don't have problem with people who are new and try help, that not that, I was speaking of people who know a lot the game and ask a job because they don't know what to do right now (and they say it, it's not me who talk for them), and also it's just a title, this idea is not only for those people but just to give objective to people thought their life, Not doing it wont affect you, it is not mandatory, and also you can see all the people not doing much (and it's ok ofc ^^) when all principal building are made, when they could make secondary building like church, house, ..etc, it can guide them on what to do next.

Also it's open idea, You can also think about let's imagine you have done cooking objective, You could have bonus on making food, then the food you make give better stats (logic it was your Destiny, the universe wanted you make the perfect food !), or the forge stay light on longer, or you can run faster with big object in hand ..etc

They is plenty of things to do but just give title to people it's more easily to established, that why i talk about it principally !

Board footer