One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-13 17:28:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Back in the Saddle

GCuyqLx.png

After an extended break to focus on other aspects of life, I'm getting back into the swing of things this week by posting a small update, mostly to exercise the update machinery and make sure it's all still working.  A triple-platform, 23-server, Steam-synced, native-binary and common content automated build process involves a lot of moving and somewhat fragile parts.  I hit a few snags along the way, but got everything ironed out, which should mean smoother sailing with updates going forward.

This update does two relatively trivial things:

First, natural tarry spots now automatically block the spot to their left with a temporary gas vent, preventing griefers from building ancient objects in those spots.  They were doing this way out in the wilderness, in anticipation of civilization wanting to settle there in the future.  These gas vents clear up as soon as oil is struck in the neighboring tarry spots, allowing advanced oil machinery with pipes that run to the left.

Second, transitions in the editor now have a comment field, allowing notes to be added about more complex and special-purpose object transitions.  Coming back after a long time away, there are a lot of complex transitions (like for water that moves through pipes) that could have used comments to help guide future content editors (including my future self).

Comments occur in transition files on the second line (the old files only contained a single line), so hopefully this doesn't mess up third-party parsing tools too much, but if bugs arise in third-party tools, check out how they're parsing transition files.

#2 2023-05-13 17:34:45

selalov734

Re: Update: Back in the Saddle

Happy to see you back!

#3 2023-05-14 12:06:59

Mr.XIX

Welcome back Jason!

I hope you had a nice time to spend with your family.
Maybe this game makes your realize you only have 1 life to spend with them wink

#4 2023-05-16 22:45:40

OneOfMany

Welcome back, Jason!

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

Board footer