One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-09 07:55:42

Hailerm

Suggestion (s) For Major Updates + Goodbye

( I know this seems too much to the point it'll be a whole different game if we add all of these but I mean to give ideas for future updates and mechanics, the developer if he ever reads this will choose what he thinks can be a cool feature for the game, this said we can start )

= INTRO

first off the game can be very complex at times but it's not realistic, and I think it has more potential than that.. the game is repetitive almost as some kind of arcade, the only thing that gives life to the game are the players but the players get bored so I have some suggestions that may help the bored players and make the game more interesting

= Suggestion 1

So as i just described in the intro the game has the potential for more way more than it is right now

Increasing the time of playable game from 60 minutes to 100 minutes and would love to add a date for the gameplay example starting the server in the year something BC and go all the way to the present and beyond basically let us players write our own version of humanity because in the end isn't the game about that? Plus as i read in one of Jason's A.K.A lazy dude roher posts (A joke) because i know... lol , made the map not infinite and set limits to it so these changes become easier to let's say take action, also adding some kind of water mass like big rivers across some areas that make players obligated to make boats to cross and as the time advances even bridges

TLDR :
1 - Added game time from 60min to 100min
2 - Add a date to the game
3 - Set a limit to the map
4 - Added rivers and water content

* Worths The Reading Tho *

= Suggestion 2

So we are gonna be playing more? Right, but to compensate for those extra minutes we get, we are gonna have a higher rate of death. How we are gonna do that?

Illnesses.. we are gonna be able to get ill and transmit them, it could be from the food ( Suggestion 3) or viruses that appear randomly in large populated cities symptoms can vary some mild some lethal, there could be some kind of remedies and medicine created with ( Suggestion 3 ),   a more permissive killing system and per se more advanced with added weapons and a renew on the war system with even maybe territorial dispute between families that are the same race        (Suggestion 4) for the resources on their area there could 3 to 5 different families from the same race, made a global currency for in-game trades between races (Suggestion 4)

TLDR :
1 - Illnesses
2 - Food poisoning (Suggestion 3)
3 - Medicines (Suggestion 3)
4 - A more permissive killing system with added weapons (suggestion 4)
5 - Wars between same races for territorial dispute leading to total domination of their area and resources (Suggestion 4)
6 - Global Currency (Suggestion 4)

= Suggestion 3

Dammit, YOU ARE SICK... What can we do about it?, We'll get there

Some foods can poison you like fish etc, Added herbs and plants to make teas and remedies to help relieve the illness, Also add drugs Like for example, Caffeine, Tobacco ( Nicotine ), Cannabis, Opium and more types of Alcohol.. these substances will give you a buzz for some minutes lets say 3 - 5 years in-game time, caffeine and nicotine could accelerate you make you faster and write more words, for cannabis turn the screen a little greenish, the eyes turn red also the hunger declines slightly faster and you'll be slightly slowed down, and for Opium, you'll be heavily slowed down, to the point it'll be hard to move and if you take too much you will overdose and eventually die.

Consuming these substances could  have a hangover after the effects and repetitive use can lead to addiction and withdrawals that will lead to the player to only crave the substance but every time the player consumes it after being addicted the player will lose permanently a hunger bar at least with Opium, Tabacco and Alcohol

TLDR :
1 - Food Poisoning
2 - Herbs for remedies
3 - Added recreative drugs with their mechanics

* Worths The Reading Tho * ( Kinda )

= Suggestion 4

The idea of war in the game right now is complex because there is no actual reason to go to war, we can change that by adding more than 1 family by race at the time, this mean there will spawn in purpose 2 - 4 eves so this becomes possible. Ok but, For what will they fight for? nice question as i mentioned earlier there will added herbs and other stuff in the area they will fight for it and the last family standing will control their area and the resources (Herbs,Drugs etc) or just for fun.. Because who doesn't like killing people in a game? is fun and even more if it's done this way, and there will be this excuse to do it without everyone getting mad at you ( having flashbacks )

That just said can has to lead to a more advanced attack system and more guns added either firearms or melee stuff.

Also the global currency idea can be interesting but ill just drop this idea here because I'm tired of writing all of this

TLDR : Just read the thing

All the effort I put to write this piece of text will definitely be not worth it, but at least now I can say I gave my opinions and some ideas for this game that I used to be addicted to and now is just a nostalgic place I come to sometimes to remember the people that i meet here and the good times I spent playing this game and revive all of those memories that at one time I thought they were forgotten but once I open the game I remember them and with a sparkle on my eyes I let a little smile set and say jeez I should've spent that money i used for alts on something else...

i wanna clarify I'm not racist or homophobic I'm just weird and somehow enjoyed to be hated but that was the old me, a younger me but times have changed now, after all this text i wanna say goodbye to this forum because i most likely will never be seen here again and that's basically it... peace

-Hailerm 2023

Last edited by Hailerm (2023-01-09 08:02:15)

Engine Mastah

#2 2023-01-11 02:29:54

LiberatedAmon

Re: Suggestion (s) For Major Updates + Goodbye

I'd suggest adding the ability to choose a family name before being born. That way you can at least keep playing in the same family you've come to love. Of, course i they have no "birthing persons" left it would just go random, as if you left the name field blank. This should drastically cut down on sudden infant deaths, as well.

I'd also suggest using keys to move so the button controls can be simplified. But i assume someone has some reason to not do that, or it'd be done already. Movement and the confusing controls are what i've disliked most, so far.

Last edited by LiberatedAmon (2023-01-11 02:30:41)

#3 2023-02-15 19:43:27

Arcurus

Hailerm wrote:

= Suggestion 1

TLDR :
1 - Added game time from 60min to 100min
2 - Add a date to the game
3 - Set a limit to the map
4 - Added rivers and water content

1: In Open Life Reborn short OLR (Community build version of OHOL) depending on how healthy you eat / YUM you can life longer then 60 min. Last lives i lived around 90 min.

3: in OLR the map is limited but has no edge / is kind of round The hole mechanics are changed so that stuff will come back / decay with time. Over time this leads to that resources accumulate in not used parts of the map which encourages to explore / use this parts.

4: OLR has rivers / oceans and mountains which can block the movement. You can build bridges or use (cars for now) to cross the water. Why cars, since you play with the same vanilla OHOL client there are no boats yet until Jason adds some.

How to try it out?
Use a normal OHOL client and enter this IP for custom server:
IP: 37.120.188.155
Port: 8005 (DEFAULT)

Be warned, currently its not much known server so there are few humans.
If you want to try it out with fellow humans ask them to join and then use say: !JH to jump to fellow humans

Its fully new written server, so expect some bugs.

Have fun!

#4 2023-02-15 19:58:25

Arcurus

Hailerm wrote:

= Suggestion 2

TLDR :
1 - Illnesses
2 - Food poisoning (Suggestion 3)
3 - Medicines (Suggestion 3)
4 - A more permissive killing system with added weapons (suggestion 4)
5 - Wars between same races for territorial dispute leading to total domination of their area and resources (Suggestion 4)
6 - Global Currency (Suggestion 4)

1: OLR has for now only yellow fever that can be cured with eating mushroom. Im thinking about letting it also spread
2: eating MEH / or SUPER MEH like eating tons of berries makes you unhealthy / ill in OLR which might lower your life span
3: OLR has for now mushrooms as medicine against yellow fever
4: OLR has a different combat system (also against animals) with hit points equal to the size of your max food store. There fore kids have less hit points grown ups more. Clothing and so on protects. Before you can attack fellow humans you need to target the human for some seconds. This is in place so that you cant just murder all out of nowhere. Otherwise combat is unrestricted. If you attack allies / close kids or relatives you might loose score if the other is holding no weapon.
5: In OLR are no limit on WARS see 4. Since the map is limited you can try to dominate for resources. You can use graves to increase your chance of spawning close or so called >cursed< graves (bone piles) to hinder other players spawning close. Also players coming close to their >cursed< graves are cursed and therefore little bit slower and receive more damage. So its easier to defend against them.

Additional OLR has AI that keeps villages most with some little human help once in a while running.

6: OLR has a in game currency that you get for eating YUM and can give to others. You gain extra score for holding it over time. If you die, the coins are distributed in your family according to how much coins they had on their past deaths.

Last edited by Arcurus (2023-02-15 19:58:50)

#5 2023-02-16 12:30:02

OminousBladeBlank

the game is abandoned, this will never happen. Gone are the days of mad-max style resource struggles, here are the days of not being able to do anything remotely interesting.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer