One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-23 08:30:44

1%Spacebar

Help stopping clothes from decaying in Abwz private server

So I've been playing around on a local server I've made with the precompiled Awbz thing. But time still passes when the server is offline, which means that all my clothes and wheelbarrows decay while I'm away, which gets really annoying. I found this topic from a while ago, and it's been pretty helpful in manually removing transitions that I don't want. But I'm kind of a noob with this kind of technical stuff and I can't figure how to stop clothes from decaying. I can't find any transitions for the clothes decaying into rags, so I assume I'm either missing something or they've been handled completely differently than the wheelbarrows. I'm trying to do this manually, and I'm not using an editor or anything, so maybe that makes a difference?

Anyways, could someone give me any advice in figuring this out? Preferably as noob-friendly as possible lol. Thank you!

Also: if anyone knows any guides on how to host/rent a private server for OHOL, that'd be great. I'd like to play with my friends sometime and this game has pretty poor documentation. sad

Last edited by 1%Spacebar (2022-11-23 08:34:33)

oh boy *munch munch* these berry bushes *munch munch* are dying. i hope *munch munch* someone will water them

#2 2022-11-23 19:47:47

jinbaili83

Re: Help stopping clothes from decaying in Abwz private server

First thing is getting editor, it's much easier to do it this way.

Many items use patterns and categories for transitions so you will not find direct transition between those.

If you want to slow down decay of small objects in baskets or boxes you can try messing with tm strch option for containers in item edit screen. This function is not used in game but it works and can slow or speed up time based transitions .

Last edited by jinbaili83 (2022-11-23 20:26:59)

#3 2022-11-29 21:05:51

Arcurus

Re: Help stopping clothes from decaying in Abwz private server

https://www.netcup.de/?ref=126119 is a great  and cheap host. My private OHOL Reborn server is running there for super cheap costs (3-6 Euro per Month for 2 or 4 CPU).

On open life reborn the cloth decay time ist vastly improved. Also carts last much longer. I patched them manually.
Since no database is used the server is quite fast, does not need much resources and is quite easy to setup.

Also you can activate or deactivate AIs, that create cloths and food so normally you have some cloths around...

Board footer