One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#176 2019-11-19 04:15:53

Spoonwood

Re: Coming Soon: Family Specialization

As another post has made clear by a time period when no family of one race existed https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 127#p80127, this system has another flaw.  It's possible that there is no around who can trade rubber, or trade oil, or trade whatever else is needed, because all of the different races don't always exist.

That's ignoring the problem of finding other families, whether players will willing try to trade, and whether or not players want or have liked or hated such a change.  It seems it's not a popular change at all. 

I won't be surpised if Jason with his 15+ years of game development experience STILL won' t be able to take the negative reaction from his playerbase as meaningful for a change.  15+ years of game development experience and he still doesn't care about the opinions and desires of his playerbase.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#177 2020-11-05 03:55:26

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

These abilities could be randomly assigned to each family (when Eve spawns).  The problem with that is messaging.  You need to find a family that can help you.  How can you tell what their ability is by looking at them?  "Can you get latex from the jungle?"  No, sorry.  "What about you, can you get latex from the jungle?"  No, sorry.  Compounding this is the language barrier.  It's hard enough to find them, hard enough to ask.

Everyone has some sort of label like a name or "YOU" which can get observed by hovering over one's character or another player's character.  Imagine more labels like "YOU - TUNDRA" or "YOU - T" or "SOJOURNER TRUTH - TUNDRA" or "LEVAR BURTON - LANGUAGE" which can get observed by hovering the cursor over either the player's own character or the other player's character.

Danish Clinch.

#178 2020-11-05 05:10:40

NoTruePunk

Do you actually play spoon? I can't imagine you have enough time to post as much as you do and actually play the game too.

#179 2020-11-05 14:52:05

Spoonwood

NoTruePunk wrote:

Do you actually play spoon?

I've written about some of the lives I've played here or elsewhere.  People have seen me in game using Hetuw mod.

Also, I've only had one account ever.  Here's my hash: 9a0589cb673446fd534812d43cde1913f30b256a  You're welcome to check if I've played or not when I've made a claim about playing.

Danish Clinch.

#180 2022-08-28 22:29:08

Eve Troll

Have you ever had a dream that
That you um, you had, you'll t—, you would
You could, you do, you would you want you
You could do some, you...
You'll do, you could you,youwant,you want himto do youso much
You could do anything?

Board footer